• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkryhewy

On a more serious MJ note, they broke down a new NBC/WSJ poll that overlapped the debate to H+11 pre-debate, H+7 post-debate, which gives some indication of where the spread is likely to settle.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So based on hinting by reporters there is still a:

1. Tape where Trump uses the n-word

And

2. More recent tax returns

Ready to be leaked. Which do you guys think will be more damaging?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
N word. Taxes I think people understand and he's admitted to. White women will run screaming from Trump if there's an N word tape.

jmood88

They did to Obama. It's a tactic that their base loves. Any sign of agreeing with a democrat, or anything less than total, scorched earth opposition, results in a primary challenge.

Remember, these are the people who attacked Boehner and Mitch McConnel for being Obama's lapdogs who gave him everything he wanted. That's how far from reality these people are.
And now they believe that Paul Ryan of all people is a secret liberal who wants Hillary to win so that he can let her pass every liberal policy ever imagined.

CCS

Banned
And now they believe that Paul Ryan of all people is a secret liberal who wants Hillary to win so that he can let her pass every liberal policy ever imagined.

It really is uncannily similar to Corbyn in the UK, where if you don't back him unconditionally you're a Blairite or a secret Tory.

Y2Kev

ATONE, PUNDITS!!! YOU RUINED MY WEEKEND WITH CONSTANT TRUMP SHIT

I think what's actually happening is that Trump's base is so deplorable, reaction from the beltway is actually positive. Hillary needs to come out and say, "I was wrong when I said half. I meant all. Everyone. Deplorable. Billy Bob in Arkansas. Mary Joe Suedad in Mississippi. The entire state of Alabama. Dee ee pee elle oh are ay bee elle ee. All of you. When I'm president, your social security will be repurposed to buy art I will hang in New York City museums."

Huge fucking shot of hopium, y'all gonna OD (Yes, post-tape)

New Ohio poll puts Hillary Clinton ahead of Donald Trump by 9 points after news of Trump's vulgar talk

https://www.bw.edu/news/2016/bw-poll-shows-ohio-voters-leaning-away-from-trump

H2H Abuela +10 48-38

4-way Abuela +9 43-34

eVlRh4V3x30Ws.gif

syllogism

It's also post-debate

The poll also asked about Sunday's debate, with 59 percent of those surveyed having watched it. Of those, 52 percent said Clinton won, 31 percent said Trump won and 17 percent called it a tie.

e: but uses online panel data

Boke1879

So based on hinting by reporters there is still a:

1. Tape where Trump uses the n-word

And

2. More recent tax returns

Ready to be leaked. Which do you guys think will be more damaging?

N word. Not only will it almost assure a Trump loss. His whole brand would be fucked afterwards.

Two bon mots from Morning Joe (sorry):

"If something happens in the next week or two, and Hillary loses three points, and Trump gains three points, this race is tied"

"Hillary has a long, long history of being a terrible frontrunner"

Literally don't even know what that second comment means hahaha.

"Vulgar talk" annoys me to no end.

Donald Trump gets caught literally shooting a black person, calls them a n--.

Media: DONALD TRUMP'S NAUGHTY TALK CONTINUES TO RUB AMERICANS RHE WRONG WAY

For the new page folks:

Damn she got killed in Cooper and now this? What happened?

This on live tv:

Rick KleinVerified account
‏@rickklein
Conway: "Enough of the pussyfooting around about, do you support us or do you not support us?" @GMA

Everyone talking about 2020... what stops Trump trying again? Heck he might just straight up run independent so no one can mess with him.

We're all presuming that after losing badly he just goes away, but why?

Hahahah, stupid USC is no longer going to be loved by the Deplorables.

I also had a dream last night where Hillary hired me to get Mike Pence to drop off the ticket. And we were also on the Titanic. I think there's a metaphor there.

Y2Kev

You can tell the beautiful and talented kellyanne conways heart isn't in it anymore. Hope snl roasts her again.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What I am fascinated to see is if Trump bounces back at all (i.e., 1 point? 3 points? 5?) after the tape story runs out of steam.

Not too long ago, a story like that ends a presidential run instantly. However, now that we have an endless supply of Twitter feeds, 24- hour news, etc., to quickly replace things we are focused on (instead of people talking about the same story for 3 weeks), I am curious to see if that has any effect on this race.

Pixieking

Banned
Already posted? Updated story was 3 days ago, but I didn't see it here.

New poll shows Trump leading in the presidential race in Alaska

In polling throughout the year in Alaska, Clinton and Trump have remained about four points apart. Neither of the two candidates have made much headway winning over Alaskan voters: A majority of those polled still dislike both candidates.

Trump and Clinton's negative ratings have inched down over the course of this year, but not by a significant amount. None of the presidential contenders appear likely to draw more than 40 percent of Alaska voters.

That is in part because nearly a quarter of Alaskans now say they plan to vote for a third-party candidate.

I think I'm going to be abstaining from Morning Joe until after the election. I enjoy a variety of perspectives but the shameless desire to create a close race where there isn't one, paired with Joe seemingly becoming a vessel for Trump talking points, has pretty much squashed all interest I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom