• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeytj

Banned
So, the theory with the video is that he was mic'ed up and the cable was pulling his pants in a weird way. I read this on the_donald of all places and I choose to believe it.

I really don't want to go on a google run about Obama's dick. But I'm sure others in this thread will happily do the "leg work".

Be advised! Gross articles about Michelle await...

It's already been debunked for years. Snopes had to again address this today. It's a 2008 video that some Hillary supporters starting to circulate back then and it wasn't true then, not now.

It won't be long before the reporters who were on that plane laugh at the acquisition.

Boke1879

I'd like to believe it's over but Clinton's past leads have been so weak that 27 days is not enough.

I get your point, but I think barring any major shocking surprise. I doubt too much changes. We're a month out, people are voting now. If anything you may see some shifting in 3rd party votes but Trump has done nothing to change his trajectory.

Chris Wallace lays out debate topics:

Debt and entitlements

Immigration

Economy

Supreme Court

Foreign hot spots

Fitness to be President

Cannot wait for Trump to ignore every question.

I mean I fully expect the topic of emails to get brought up, but IF Wallace can stick to these topics Trump will ignore it all and give some canned answer and when asked a follow up he'll either deflect or argue.

Hillary should be good here.

Yes, I saw that you posted that. While the weights can shift depending on the client, most of these pollsters live and die baed on their methodology, so a public Nevada poll done for no one probably isn't going to shift that much. If your firm keeps showing CCM up by 20 and she loses by 5, people will have questions. This can change around the margins, sure.

But no, Nate Cohn was not saying to "throw out all PPP polls".

Agreed, but it was supposed to be a private poll and it certainly wouldn't be released if her numbers were bad, so Liam Donovan's observations are valid. Disagree with the other tweet.

P.S.: I think the Reid turnout machine will not fail and Masto wins.

Either Wallace isn't paying attention or doesn't care but wasn't this suppose to be a foreign policy debate???
The CPD website says it will follow the 1st debate, and that's the official source.

Joe

Can anyone recommend any long-form (1hr+) political and/or policy focused podcasts?

Most of the top rated podcasts are about 30 minutes long.

Joeytj

Banned
Either Wallace isn't paying attention or doesn't care but wasn't this suppose to be a foreign policy debate???

The third debate is usually foreign policy focused, but not exclusively.

IIRC, the third Romney-Obama debate did have some domestic policy thrown in there too.

And yeah, Hillary didn't attack as much in the second debate because it was a town hall, but she'll be back to first debate Hulk mode for the third.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely believe Donald Trump won't attend the last debate. GUARANTEED put all the money in the election bets ya'll

I would hope he doesn't. It would provide Hillary with an amazing opportunity and singular press coverage to address the debate topics and put forth her policies. Imagine millions of people tuning in only to Hillary Clinton speaking to the audience?

Syncytia

The third debate is usually foreign policy focused, but not exclusively.

IIRC, the third Romney-Obama debate did have some domestic policy thrown in there too.

And yeah, Hillary didn't attack as much in the second debate because it was a town hall, but she'll be back to first debate Hulk mode for the third.

And surely there will be an oppo dump beforehand to add some more ammo

thebloo

I LOVE the new Obama video. Love, love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0KNku34G2Y

Here's a transcript, if you want it.

By so many measures our country is stronger and more prosperous than it was eight years ago. We know the progress we’ve made, despite the forces of opposition, despite the forces of discrimination, despite the politics of backlash. That doesn’t stop with my presidency. We’re just getting started. That’s why I’m still fired up. That’s why I’m still ready to go. So, if I hear anybody saying their vote does not matter, that it doesn’t matter who we elect, read up on your history, it matters. We’ve gotta get people to vote! In fact, if you want to give Michelle and me a good send-off, get people registered to vote!

If you care about our legacy, realize everything we stand for is at stake, all the progress we’ve made is at stake in this election. My name may not be on the ballot. But our progress is on the ballot! Tolerance is on the ballot! Democracy is on the ballot! Justice is on the ballot! Good schools are on the ballot! Ending mass incarceration, that’s on the ballot right now!

And there is one candidate who will advance those things. And there is another candidate whose defining principle, the central theme of his candidacy, is opposition to all that we’ve done. There’s no such thing as a vote that doesn’t matter. It all matters.

And after we have achieved historic turn-out in 2008 and in 2012, I will consider it a personal insult, an insult to MY legacy, if this community lets down its guard and fails to activate itself in this election. You wanna give me a good send-off? GO VOTE!

Code:
I would hope he doesn't. It would provide Hillary with an amazing opportunity and singular press coverage to address the debate topics and put forth her policies. Imagine millions of people tuning in only to Hillary Clinton speaking to the audience?

You assume Hillary isnt dead by then. I saw that Trump ad.

Or on a more serious note, I have heard all of his cries to his audience about her stealing the election and she should be in jail and advocating someone to take her out.

Chris Wallace lays out debate topics:

Debt and entitlements

Immigration

Economy

Supreme Court

Foreign hot spots

Fitness to be President

Cannot wait for Trump to ignore every question.

I eagerly await the surprise section of the debate where Wallace asks Hillary about emails for 40 minutes. Although, now that I think about it, he's probably going to try and fit that in during the fitness part.

I absolutely believe Donald Trump won't attend the last debate. GUARANTEED put all the money in the election bets ya'll

I'm sure he will. He doesn't think he did poorly in the first two, so what reason would he have to skip the third? He will get up there and ramble incoherently about ISIS and Paul Ryan and whatever else randomly pops into his mind for 90 minutes and come out looking like a fool again.

He needs to attend the third debate. How else will he fracture the Fox News crowd into his Trump News Network?

I also think it will get low ratings unless there's another oppo dump beforehand.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I want to see Hillary directly address Trump after he rambles with, "But what IS your actual plan?" Keep pointing out to America how he has nothing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I want to see Hillary directly address Trump after he rambles with, "But what IS your actual plan?" Keep pointing out to America how he has nothing.

Thats my dream response. I keep hoping she'd do it at the last debate, but it never happened.

kadotsu

Banned
He needs to attend the third debate. How else will he fracture the Fox News crowd into his Trump News Network?

I also think it will get low ratings unless there's another oppo dump beforehand.

He is in post election mode. In the third debate he'll try to bring any topic back to voter fraud to keep his base post election because he didn't lose, he never loses.

Prompto

Banned
Rudy Giuliani Now Can’t Remember Standing Next To Hillary Clinton After 9/11

I remember Sept. 11, 2001. Yes, you helped to get benefits for the people who were injured that day. But I heard her say she was there that day. I was there that day. I don't remember seeing Hillary Clinton there. That was like when she said she had to run through gunfire. That turned out to be — what do we call it? A lie!

sub-buzz-23408-1476292864-1.jpg

Poor guy is losing his memory.

Snake

This n-word tape begging is really obnoxious and folks here should know better. After years of mocking "Whitey Tape" nutjobs, it's insane that people are treating this as if it's a thing that's going to drop "any day now." Yes there's a difference. People pushing the Whitey Tape conspiracies are doing so because of their own racism, and people pushing Trump's n-word tape are doing so because of Trump's racism, but the base motivation is still desperation and wishful thinking on the beggars' part. And as things currently stand, that desperation on Democrats' part is not in any way justified. Frankly, it's embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom