• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/polit...ault-allegations-new-day-interview/index.html

If you don't have a decently clean past don't run for the highest office in the land because it will all come out.

If Barbara Res is willing to come clean on CNN, Trump's adamant refusal is even more of a joke. She held a high position at his company for a long time.

"First of all, everyone knows he has no experience. I mean, the idea that he would be president is just ridiculous. I have other developers I worked for who were just smarter than he is -- and I wouldn't vote for them for president either. And I mean, you need to have some experience and some knowledge of government," she said.
"But the worst thing about Trump and the reason not to vote for him, is his temperament," she said. "He flies off the handle, and he attacks viciously. You know, it's like shooting someone and having a nuclear bomb come back at you."

This is coming from someone who had a close working relationship with Trump, she knows the guy is an unstable mess.

marrec

Banned
To me, this is still the most damning thing about the email leak. Indefensible.

risotto.png

Someone ruined some risotto and that's a shame :(

Anyone who tells you there's such a thing as "quick risotto" can't be trusted.

I'm not going to give the article the click, but when they say "personal tweets" do they mean the ones signed -H? Because if their story is "Hillary's campaign sometimes makes tweets for her" then no shit Sherlock.

The implication is that the "-H" tweets are the result of hours of meetings but the reality is that the "-H" are simply more carefully managed than you or I manage our twitter accounts.

Which, I mean, fucking of course they should be.

Gloria Allred says multiple women have come to her alleging misconduct and the floodgates have opened. The way she is speaking it seems like legal action may be coming soon although she can't confirm any specifics.

thebloo

Regarding the oppo during the Rep Primary. First, most didn't do it. If they did, it would have come out at least during moment of desperation during those months.

But, second, it's different now. These articles are coming after months of carefully painting Trump by the Hillary campaign. They systematically created an image of the unhinged Trump, which the man himself was more than happy to hammer home every fucking time.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Gloria Allred says multiple women have come to her alleging misconduct and the floodgates have opened. The way she is speaking it seems like legal action may be coming soon although she can't confirm any specifics.

Gloria Allred does not fuck around. If she comes at your, she does not miss.

TheFatOne

The spin from Trumps camp is hilarious after that shit he pulled at the debate. You can litigate Bill Clintons past, but Trumps is out of bounds and all the accusers should be questioned/lying.

mo60

Holy shit guys, bombshell!

Whatever bombshells wikileaks has will probably be crowded out by whatever new info is released about trump's past sexual behaviour and the remains of a typhoon affecting the PNWl in the next few days or so.

From a Wall Street Journal writer:

@jamestaranto:

Amateur hour, lol..

"Dear sirs, to whom it may concern

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND I'VE SEEN WHERE YOU SLEEP, IF YOU DO NOT RETRACT THAT STORY IMMEDIATELY I SWEAR YOUR MOTHERS WILL CRY WHEN THEY SEE WHAT I'VE DONE TO YOU.

Please forward to appropriate party if misdelivered. Thank you."

HylianTom

Banned
Unfortunately for Wikileaks, the bits of campaign minutiae they're releasing aren't sexy enough to compete with ze bombs Team Clinton is droppin'.

What a pity.

I reject the idea that there was no oppo research done, either by the other Republican candidates or Trump himself. To believe that would be to believe that ALL of these people were asleep in American Politics 101.

You know another thing candidates do when they're gathering oppo? They poll. They focus test. To see which attacks are the most effective. What angles they should focus on going against specific opponents.

Trump's predator behavior is well known. I posit that no Republican used it because they saw it wouldn't matter a damn to Republican primary voters. Looking at the state of the country, at polling numbers, his remaining support...yep, sounds about right.
I don't buy it. The nevertrumpers were so desperate that they turned to Cruz and delegate conspiracies, if they had this type of ammo they would have fired it.

jonjonaug

Unfortunately for Wikileaks, the bits of campaign minutiae they're releasing aren't sexy enough to compete with ze bombs Team Clinton is droppin'.

What a pity.

I don't think you can even call these bombs that "Team Clinton" is dropping, they seem independent from the campaign.

kevin1025

Banned
They're making people not care about these e-mails. Find the damaging ones, dump those, move on. No one is going to care about daily e-mail dumps.

Though Hillary dictating tweets is indefensible.

I think we've said it about any number of supposed 'bomb's from any number of sources. If there was something damning in any of the emails, it would've been dropped first. What's the point in buildup with a bunch of meaningless bullshit? Unless Wikileaks is just leaking all the emails to have the media look for an bombshell because they're too lazy to do it themselves.

I think we've said it about any number of supposed 'bomb's from any number of sources. If there was something damning in any of the emails, it would've been dropped first. What's the point in buildup with a bunch of meaningless bullshit? Unless Wikileaks is just leaking all the emails to have the media look for an bombshell because they're too lazy to do it themselves.

I think the calculation is it will distract the media from Trump while they sift through the emails but they underestimate how popular the sex predator angle is.

Also I have no doubt the trump campaign is coordinating with Wikileaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom