• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned

On the topic of AI, if we want to get into specifics? Yes. One admits a problem and doesn't offer a solution (and the one being entertained isn't even good enough), and the other doesn't admit it's real.

Lacking vision of the future doesn't mean they lack it everywhere, of course. But I do think a big lack is here, especially when the climate is one where we're honestly not battling for the future and what's on the horizon, but trying to escape the chase of the halcyon days of the past and regress into a crater. The goal of this election is to not fall back into 1950, not prepare for 2025, for example.

sazzy

why does corey look like he's always sucking air in through his teeth

hNVgCf.jpg

I love how anchors are not putting up with the bullshit "she defended a rapist and laughed at the victim" meme and calling it out. It fucking took along enough though. The campaign has been running with this vile meme for weeks.

Nordicus

Trump:

"The bombing of Serbs, who were our allies in both world wars, was a big mistake,” Trump told the Serbian weekly magazine Nedeljnik for an article published on its website Thursday. “Serbians are very good people. Unfortunately, the Clinton administration caused them a lot of harm, but also throughout the Balkans, which they made a mess out of."

What the fuck?
LLQjEAS.gif

Corey always makes himself look like an unhinged bully. If there was someway to measure his net effect on Trump's campaign, I'm sure it would show that he hurts much more than helps because he's a raging hypocrite.

On the topic of AI, if we want to get into specifics? Yes. One admits a problem and doesn't offer a solution (and the one being entertained isn't even good enough), and the other doesn't admit it's real.

Lacking vision of the future doesn't mean they lack it everywhere, of course. But I do think a big lack is here, especially when the climate is one where we're honestly not battling for the future and what's on the horizon, but trying to escape the chase of the halcyon days of the past and regress into a crater. The goal of this election is to not fall back into 1950, not prepare for 2025, for example.
I actually thought you meant she lacked vision everywhere. :p

honestly i wish someone could determine WTF is up with FSU's defense and general loafing

why isn't miami up 50 points ahead??? Low energy Mark Richt and the crooked Canes, can't even beat the Noles. Sad!

"The bombing of Serbs, who were our allies in both world wars, was a big mistake,” Trump told the Serbian weekly magazine Nedeljnik for an article published on its website Thursday. “Serbians are very good people. Unfortunately, the Clinton administration caused them a lot of harm, but also throughout the Balkans, which they made a mess out of."

just wow

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't believe Trump said that about Serbia before the third debate. She's going to absolutely lambaste him over this.

Boke1879

I can't believe Trump said that about Serbia before the third debate. She's going to absolutely lambaste him over this.

That's why I have no issues with the topics because Donald still won't have any idea what the fuck he's talking about.

Btw The View went into the latest allegations against Donald. And Tim Kaine is one of their guests

Foffy

Banned
I actually thought you meant she lacked vision everywhere. :p

Absolutely not! Some might think that, but she has some ideas that I think are worth adhering to. Her stealth approach at making medicare get lower for age requirements is a good thing, for example. It's an inchworm attempt at a universal system.

The public option would also be a godsend.

the latest wikileak dump has hillary's debate prep book from january.

its 400 pages long.

click on attachment tab to download the document.

covers a lot of stuff.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/8009

What's scary is a competent campaign could really use this. These hacks are not good. This stuff has no place being public.

There was a good tweet storm about this stuff really only helping the already entrenched powers

Is there any way we can get Obama a third term? I've been loving him lately.

His interview with Wired about AI, coupled with the recent White House report on this issue has me actually hopeful for the future.

Then I look at the status quo around me, and am reminded of fear. It alarms me to see how forward-thinking Obama is, because both candidates lack this. You can argue one of them is backwards-thinking, which of course changes depending on who you ask. ;)

History will look back on this man with kindness. A man hindered by others, not hindered by ego. The potential of what he could have done in his eight years unhindered will always be a sorrowful note to entertain.
This is absolutely not true about clinton.

HylianTom

Banned
MSNBC just played a clip of Tim Kaine, on The View, saying that he saw this coming. When he heard Trump's denial of misbehavior at the debate, Kaine immediately wondered how long it would take before women began coming forward..

So as someone who hasn't been following the Syria stuff super closely is this actually accurate? Particularly the part that says US-Russia relations are close to cold war levels and that the Russians are willing to use nukes? http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/12/politics/us-russia-tensions-cold-war/index.html

True. It's ugly right now. Putin lied right to Obama's face about Russia's intentions in Syria. Russia antagonizes and harasses US diplomats. The hacking is just another way they're fucking with us. Russia thinks the US and especially Obama is weak. They're going to push things when Clinton is in office.

Boke1879

Oh wow.

Kaine, on The View, says he saw this coming. When he heard Trump's denial of misbehavior at the debate, Kaine immediately wondered how long it would take before women began coming forward..

its why Cooper asked him 3 times. ANYONE should have seen that coming

Amir0x

Banned
Man so stress free knowing we dont have to worry. Just vote nov 8 in PA and auto victory for Hillary. Simultaneous best and worst election ever.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
MSNBC just played a clip of Tim Kaine, on The View, saying that he saw this coming. When he heard Trump's denial of misbehavior at the debate, Kaine immediately wondered how long it would take before women began coming forward..

Pretty much everyone knew that would be the starting pistol. It was only a matter of time until people started coming forward after that denial. The only way a denial like that ends something like this is if he actually never did those things, outside of that scenario it only throws gas on the fire.

diaspora

True. It's ugly right now. Putin lied right to Obama's face about Russia's intentions in Syria. Russia antagonizes and harasses US diplomats. The hacking is just another way they're fucking with us. Russia thinks the US and especially Obama is weak. They're going to push things when Clinton is in office.

They'll try, I get the sense that Hillary isn't someone that fucks around on fopo.

Grief.exe

Likely just wants to get as much of his saber rattling agenda done during the lame duck as he is well aware Obama doesn't want to make a move that could upset the election.

its why Cooper asked him 3 times. ANYONE should have seen that coming

Also because it was a super nonsensical answer.

Pseudo apology, hard pivot to ISIS chopping off heads, hard pivot to Bill Clinton, finish.

kevin1025

Banned
CNN says Trump wants to make Bill Clinton "the next Cosby." While he is being turned into the next Cosby.

Since this all broke last night, Trump doing this looks like a counterattack and so fruitless.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man so stress free knowing we dont have to worry. Just vote nov 8 in PA and auto victory for Hillary. Simultaneous best and worst election ever.

Yeah I'm with you. It's 100%, guaranteed done. Hillary is our next president. One less thing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom