• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I reject the idea that there was no oppo research done, either by the other Republican candidates or Trump himself. To believe that would be to believe that ALL of these people were asleep in American Politics 101.

You know another thing candidates do when they're gathering oppo? They poll. They focus test. To see which attacks are the most effective. What angles they should focus on going against specific opponents.

Trump's predator behavior is well known. I posit that no Republican used it because they saw it wouldn't matter a damn to Republican primary voters. Looking at the state of the country, at polling numbers, his remaining support...yep, sounds about right.

Wilsongt

It's like all you guys ever do is sit around watching TV to complain or freak out about it. No wonder you're all poor and have to vote Democrat to get all those handouts.

Hey. Some of us were too smart to get jobs in our area and had to wait for a federal position to open up... Two years after graduating with a master's. All we had to do was watch TV and Diablos.

It's just going to make it easier someday for Congress to pass a bill which essentially neuters the Internet as we know it in the name of privacy rights, stopping various forms of abuse, making it harder for terrorists to communicate, etc.

Ok but thats not what Net Neutrality to a degree. I doubt congress would ever have a bill get passed that closes down shop

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Newt Gingrich said:
There's a big Trump and a little Trump. The little Trump is frankly pathetic.

Newt's getting sick of it.
royalan said:
I reject the idea that there was no oppo research done, either by the other Republican candidates or Trump himself. To believe that would be to believe that ALL of these people were asleep in American Politics 101.

Eh, I'm torn on this. I mean, remember how nearly everybody scoffed at Trump's chances? Nobody (outside of a few of us in here) thought he'd actually win the nomination. None of the top guys did, for sure. I'm guessing they didn't run any oppo on him until it was far too late, and by that time, none of it mattered.

You know another thing candidates do when they're gathering oppo? They poll. They focus test. To see which attacks are the most effective. What angles they should focus on going against specific opponents.

Trump's predator behavior is well known. I posit that no Republican used it because they saw it wouldn't matter a damn to Republican primary voters. Looking at the state of the country, at polling numbers, his remaining support...yep, sounds about right.

I agree these stories would make no difference in a primary, but the RNC and the campaign should've done oppo for the general, and it seems they didn't. They don't even have a response to the stories.

https://youtu.be/Nk0czalTl64

Katrina concluded without a shadow of a doubt that the plane victims story is patently, 100% FALSE because she's a fucking aviation expert and that kind of plane with movable armrests didn't exist.. or something. Unreal. I'm sure she got this research from Brketbarts armchair investigators or some other swamp.

Wilsongt

Let's hope that after this election is over Katrina Pearson, Kellyanne, Jeffrey Lord, Kayleigh, and Corey will get fired from CNN and just crawl back into whatever cave Trump's campaign found them.

royalan

I agree these stories would make no difference in a primary, but the RNC and the campaign should've done oppo for the general, and it seems they didn't. They don't even have a response to the stories.

What would their responsible even be? Attack the credibility of the women? They're trying to do that now. lol - good luck.

Make Trump a disciplined person who for months would behave in a way that made these allegations hard to believe? lol - good luck. The man's a frat house toilet made flesh.

The Republican base doesn't care, because the GOP leadership has spent decades weeding out anyone sensible and turning those who remain into the Deplorables we see today. And if the base doesn't care, wasn't going to care, there wasn't a damn thing they could do in the general, and they knew it.

When you've lost Newt...

CupfkgsWgAAVTr9.jpg:large

Big words there.

Why do they keep calling it "inappropriate" touching in various outlets. And "improper" advances.

It's called sexual assault. Call a spade a bloody spade.

HylianTom

Banned
I am stunned. Two family members have swapped their votes in the past four days from Trump to Not Trump. And the sentiment from both is, "eh, Hillary was going to win anyway."

why the fuck is Lewendowski still on CNN? this guy such a shitty surrogate
Why is he a shitty surrogate? He does the job of being Trump's mouthpiece and for doing that he cashes his check. Its his job to deflect and shift the blame away. If he said "well yeah Trump sucks", then he's a shitty surrogate.

I was very busy yesterday, so I'm sure this was covered and laughed at yesterday, but this statement from Jason Miller....I mean...WHAT?

“This entire article is fiction, and for the New York Times to launch a completely false, coordinated character assassination against Mr. Trump on a topic like this is dangerous. To reach back decades in an attempt to smear Mr. Trump trivializes sexual assault, and it sets a new low for where the media is willing to go in its efforts to determine this election.

"It is absurd to think that one of the most recognizable business leaders on the planet with a strong record of empowering women in his companies would do the things alleged in this story, and for this to only become public decades later in the final month of a campaign for president should say it all.

"Further, the Times story buries the pro-Clinton financial and social media activity on behalf of Hillary Clinton’s candidacy, reinforcing that this truly is nothing more than a political attack. This is a sad day for the Times.”

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING WITH BILL CLINTON'S ACCUSERS???

Oh, and I'm watching Morning Joe clips so I can be a true PoliGAFfer... Donald Trumps' Clinton gambit is sure working for Joe because he is still fucking bitter about the Clinton stuff and you can tell.

Measley

Wow, this campaign is in a nosedive. If that tape with the "N" bomb on it is true, I don't see Trump sticking it through to Election Day.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Big words there.

Why do they keep calling it "inappropriate" touching in various outlets. And "improper" advances.

It's called sexual assault. Call a spade a bloody spade.

Look, they've said countless times that it's just locker room talk.

Now let's get back to discussing Crooked Hillary's lack of stamina/virility.

https://youtu.be/sa7jPOlt5w4

This email shit is so annoying, in a bad way. Every fucking thing is being taken out of context and sensationalized to hell and back to be used as a club against Clinton, like the catholic thing which was written BY CATHOLICS to attack Murdoch mostly. But no, now Clinton is against Catholics and evangelicals. Yes, I know Trump is finished, but I want this to be a fucking landslide and this meaningless shit coming out everyday doesn't help.

Why does the actual rape case Trump is involved in get no coverage in the MSM? Is it known to be frivolous?

I don't think they have the evidence to report on it heavily. It's tangentially been mentioned.

Why didn't the writer of the twelve year old article in People Magazine mention the "incident" in her story. Because it did not happen!

Fuck you

Parshias7

I certainly can't speak for the other Republican candidates, but posters are always wondering how Trump could have run despite all of these things in his past and I think the answer is simple: he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

There was an amazing Frontline episode covering both candidates, sharing stories about them throughout their lives. When they focused on Trump's time at the military academy, they had classmates of his on that said that their sexual education was pretty much pulled out of Playboy magazine. That the greatest (in his mind) honor that Donald Trump received at the academy was being voted "Ladies Man" by his classmates. And these same classmates say that Donald Trump is essentially the same person he was then today. This is a man who has not grown or matured at all in nearly 60 years.

Donald Trump is probably flabbergasted that any of this is happening. Women love me! They love me because I'm rich and famous! I can do anything I want to women because I'm such a Ladies Man. It is like when he brought up Rosie O'Donnell unprompted during the first debate. A lot of people watching thought he was having a meltdown. But in Trump's mind, he's in the right and this is the way women should be treated: beautiful women get assaulted kissed, ugly women get called stupid pigs.

And it's fucking disgusting.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
News is all over the Sexual Assault aligations.

Not seeing much coverage of the comment about the little girl. There's video and audio there, so I thought it would be a bigger story.

gcubed

https://youtu.be/sa7jPOlt5w4

This email shit is so annoying, in a bad way. Every fucking thing is being taken out of context and sensationalized to hell and back to be used as a club against Clinton, like the catholic thing which was written BY CATHOLICS to attack Murdoch mostly. But no, now Clinton is against Catholics and evangelicals. Yes, I know Trump is finished, but I want this to be a fucking landslide and this meaningless shit coming out everyday doesn't help.

You know... You are probably the only person paying attention

royalan

I certainly can't speak for the other Republican candidates, but posters are always wondering how Trump could have run despite all of these things in his past and I think the answer is simple: he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

There was an amazing Frontline episode covering both candidates, sharing stories about them throughout their lives. When they focused on Trump's time at the military academy, they had classmates of his on that said that their sexual education was pretty much pulled out of Playboy magazine. That the greatest (in his mind) honor that Donald Trump received at the academy was being voted "Ladies Man" by his classmates. And these same classmates say that Donald Trump is essentially the same person he was then today. This is a man who has not grown or matured at all in nearly 60 years.

Donald Trump is probably flabbergasted that any of this is happening. Women love me! They love me because I'm rich and famous! I can do anything I want to women because I'm such a Ladies Man. It is like when he brought up Rosie O'Donnell unprompted during the first debate. A lot of people watching thought he was having a meltdown. But in Trump's mind, he's in the right and this is the way women should be treated: beautiful women get assaulted kissed, ugly women get called stupid pigs.

And it's fucking disgusting.

Disgusting is right.

Hillary doesn't need to touch this. I was of the mind that she needed to spend October attacking the shit out of Trump to rally her base. But Trump is going to self-inflict more damage than Hillary could do all month in a single week.

Go high. The worst she could do is feed into a both sides narrative here.

Cyanity

Banned
The damage Trump has done to our country is extraordinary. I can't even handle thinking about it too much. I hate him so much.

Just read about the "hang her in the streets" chants at one of his rallies and his doubling down on the special prosecutor thing. I'm just....in shock. This with the imagery of black people being punched and shoved at his rallies just like in the segregated south.........I just can't.

It worries me. It scares me. How can we ever overcome this?

We can start by electing Hillary Clinton in a landslide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom