• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scared of what this MAJOR SPEECH will be.

It's going to be 30 members of the S-PGA talking about his amazing golf skills for 45 minutes before he calls Bill Clinton a dirty molester in chief and offers the press a tour of his new fine dining kitchen's infrared grill, complete with tasting of immaculately seared Trump steaks.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Jerry Falwell Jr on CNN right now saying he talked to Trump last night and Trump said he has email evidence to prove that the allegations of these women aren't true. Feel like we would have seen these emails already if they existed.

But I thought trump never used email

yR08OH.png

This is a standard thing.

Poligaf has been getting a little jumpy about everything these days

He's a media reporter so its likely news on the background of these reports or behind the scenes of media stuff

Ok, legit guesses:

1) Pence is leaving the ticket, to be replaced with someone so off the wall that I won't even try and guess
2) Trump is dropping out

So Matt Bai has hit the nail on the head on ethical standards regarding Podesta/hacked emails
In 1972, a group of burglars working for the Republican Party broke into Democratic headquarters in the dead of night, searching for documents that might influence that year’s presidential election. Reporters from the Washington Post spent years unraveling the scandal, until at last it brought down the president who had concealed it.

Forty-four years later, a group of criminals, quite possibly working in concert with operatives from the Russian government, broke into the correspondence of Democratic campaign aides and began releasing troves of personal emails, in hopes of influencing this year’s presidential election.

This time, the Post and other news sites, including the New York Times and Politico, have gleefully begun to publish them, with some new gossipy detail every day.
If I stole Podesta’s utility bills from his mailbox — we used to live a block apart, so I could have — and brought them to my old editors at the Times, they’d have fired me. But somehow stolen email strikes everyone as a blow for transparency.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/when-should-private-emails-become-the-publics-business-090002930.html

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. I wonder what he has planned if he canceled his interview.
I don't think he'd be hiding out in his tower at a time like this, so is he going to have a speech addressing the allegations?

iammeiam

Is he swapping the interview for a BIG BIG SPEECH?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump
I am making a major speech in West Palm Beach, Florida at noon. Tune in!

Because he's talking about that different from how he talks about a rally, i.e.:
I will be in Cincinnati, Ohio tomorrow night at 7:30pm- join me! #OhioVotesEarly #VoteTrumpPence16
Tickets: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/schedule/register/cincinnati-oh2/ …
so maybe this is the unveiling of more Bill accusers?

studyguy

Trump wouldn't drop and if he did it'd cause a fuckhumongous rift with deplorables.

We already know what it is. This is supposed to be the speech where he educates millennials about Bill Clinton.

"Let me tell you kids of awful rape allegations about a horrible, horrible man, and no I don't mean me."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So Matt Bai has hit the nail on the head on ethical standards regarding Podesta/hacked emails

https://www.yahoo.com/news/when-should-private-emails-become-the-publics-business-090002930.html

This is the money line that gets drilled into people's heads during school:

But the question you apply in these cases is pretty straightforward. Is there an overriding public interest that compels you to abet potential criminals and violate privacy?

If the answer is no, then it's not really news.

Loxley

stelter is media correspondent
osvqwy.png

Oh man, this was the one where he was going to bring on Bill Clinton's accusers again right? Maybe his people convinced him it was time to try and start actually putting out fires instead of simply pretending like they don't exist? Eh, probably not since that would be the rational thing to do.

Grief.exe

The most hilarious thing is the anti-NSA types the most gleefully cheering it on and excusing it when its the Russia NSA doing it.

Privacy for some, not for others.

this isn't FOIA material

Reminds me of Dianne Feinstein when she was for the Patriot Act, but then found out they were spying on Congress as well.

The most hilarious thing is the anti-NSA types the most gleefully cheering it on and excusing it when its the Russia NSA doing it.

this isn't FOIA material

Yep and Glenn greenwald was on all in last night saying that famous people deserve less privacy and the only thing wrong with Wikileaks was lack of curation. The way our media has responded to a clear violation multiple times shows how low we have sunk

Edit: Trump is going to go off on these women isn't he?

If either were happening, it would have leaked to a journalist by now. Trump will never drop out.

I didn't think he would last week but at this point I think his only real goal is to take his ball, his supporters and his tiny hand and go to his own new venue/show/network. I think he has the ability to do that now even by dropping out. He can give the same stupid rant about how unfair everything is; He could give his concession speech NOW, same his time and money and just get a head start. That way he can get the hot scoop on the #rigger election without having to wait until after the election!

this isn't FOIA material
Anti-NSA types were always anarchists. They were here for fireworks and car wrecks and not necessarily for the defnese of the 4th amendment, and since Russia is doing the fireworks this time they're gleefully happy to be Kremlin stooges.

They are political neophytes turned anarchists.

shiba5

Trump wouldn't drop and if he did it'd cause a fuckhumongous rift with deplorables.

"Let me tell you kids of awful rape allegations about a horrible, horrible man, and no I don't mean me."

Well, remember that Trump only cares about Trump and does what's best for Trump. He doesn't care about the deplorables, and might be in full flight mode at this point.

Ithil

"This is all false accusations and nothing but an attempt to distract from discussing the issues at stake in the election....now I'm going to talk more about old accusations about my opponent's husband".

Grief.exe

I didn't think he would last week but at this point I think his only real goal is to take his ball, his supporters and his tiny hand and go to his own new venue/show/network. I think he has the ability to do that now even by dropping out. He can give the same stupid rant about how unfair everything is; He could give his concession speech NOW, same his time and money and just get a head start. That way he can get the hot scoop on the #rigger election without having to wait until after the election!

Get into the mind of Donald Trump though, who doesn't understand how the electoral process operates. I don't think he believes that he is losing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump isn't dropping out unless they pay him the $150 million they thought about early on.

The Hannity cancellation has to do with the massive hypocrisy now being shown.

HylianTom

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom