• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti-NSA types were always anarchists. They were here for fireworks and car wrecks and not necessarily for the defnese of the 4th amendment, and since Russia is doing the fireworks this time they're gleefully happy to be Kremlin stooges.

They are political neophytes turned anarchists.

There was a great piece on glennwald that kinda hit on this.

I think it might have been by chait?

Here's a good buzzfeed

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/how-g...lenn-greenwald?utm_term=.tfLE6bGxN#.hsPvB38gV

chait

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/glenn-greenwald-is-ralph-nader.html

Iolo

Carol Costello reporting on the #RepealThe19th trend. Fucking amazing. That shit was one of the worst elements of yesterday.

In the Free Republic 2012 threads posted by HylianTom, there were several posts railing against the 19th amendment after Ohio was called for 0bunghole.

studyguy

Trump dropping out after this week would be catastrophic for the GOP, I don't see why people would be wetting the bed when we're 25 days from the election. Less than a month time for them to somehow shift the absolute massive shitfest seems utterly impossible.

anaron

lmao

WpuBTEg.jpg

Slacker

Trump dropping out after this week would be catastrophic for the GOP, I don't see why people would be wetting the bed when we're 25 days from the election. Less than a month time for them to somehow shift the absolute massive shitfest seems utterly impossible.

And fortunately to placate the hardcore Christian base Trump picked someone completely unelectable on his own merits. Mike is a perfect GOP VP choice but he'll scare moderates away bigtime in the general.

Still not clear if Trump can even be replaced at this point, as people have already started voting.

Get into the mind of Donald Trump though, who doesn't understand how the electoral process operates. I don't think he believes that he is losing.

I wonder about that. Inability to know he's losing vs inability to admit he is losing.

Either way I think he has his end game in mind and if he can get waht he wants, quit AND blame everyone else for his failure, that is the most Trump thing I can think of.

I didn't think he would last week but at this point I think his only real goal is to take his ball, his supporters and his tiny hand and go to his own new venue/show/network. I think he has the ability to do that now even by dropping out. He can give the same stupid rant about how unfair everything is; He could give his concession speech NOW, same his time and money and just get a head start. That way he can get the hot scoop on the #rigger election without having to wait until after the election!

This avalanche isn't stopping. This dude's brand is done.

HylianTom

Banned
Speaking of things being called early in the evening, I'd like to link to the playlist MSNBC's 2012 Election Night coverage (with commercials edited out):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkPrE1--wG8h221_dUirGBOfQQhEzRjqZ

It's helpful for recalling how long states were taking to be called, seeing how almost all of the close Senate races fell in favor of the Democrats, etc. After the Presidency is called, you'll find that the discussion still relates pretty heavily to this cycle.

And fortunately to placate the hardcore Christian base Trump picked someone completely unelectable on his own merits. Mike is a perfect GOP VP choice but he'll scare moderates away bigtime in the general.

Still not clear if Trump can even be replaced at this point, as people have already started voting.

It's very clear he cannot be replaced.

Teggy

The emails are supposedly one accuser asking for a job and something else that "proves" another incident didn't happen.

Zukkoyaki

What's going on in the Podesta emails? I can't keep up anymore.....
Don't bother trying. There isn't anything close to damning in them and literally the only ones that give a shit are the deplorables. They're probably going to keep dumping a couple thousand a day until the election so you might as well ignore it.

Focus on the phenomenal polls for Clinton in Florida, Pennsylvania and North Carolina we got today.

iammeiam

Nordicus

Last weekend bankers and dignitaries from around the world descended on Washington for the annual World Bank–IMF meetings. But just a few days before the conference, rooms were not only still available at Trump International, they were heavily discounted. On October 2, a deluxe room, with a rack rate of $805, could be had for as low $445 a night on Hotels.com. All other five-star D.C. downtown hotels were sold out. By Wednesday, October 5, weekend stays in the deluxe rooms were marked down to $404 per night on Trump International’s own website. The more luxurious 500-square-foot executive rooms, with a city view and marble bath, were only $484. By comparison, at the Waldorf-Astoria in Georgetown, the only available rooms were $1,139 per night, according to Hotels.com.
Definition of "get rekt"

In their April 16, 2012, letter to the GSA protesting the acceptance of Trump’s bid, Hilton’s lawyers warned that the government was setting itself up for a “devastating failure for the historical landmark with a business partner whose history of repeated failure demonstrates that it cannot be counted on to deliver what it promises.” Eighteen pages of the letter detailed Trump’s business failures and lawsuits against him.
The business people always knew.

DEO3

I know there are rumors that there are even worse videos of Trump that are out there, just waiting to drop, but honestly, every election there are rumors like that and nothing ever comes from them. I think Democrats should just be happy with the damage already done by pussy-gate and not get too antsy waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hillary will win this election in the landslide, the senate will likely flip - and therefore the supreme court as well, and while I'd love to see Democrats take back the house, I can't help but feel that that's asking a bit too much without another October surprise, and relying on one is just going to set oneself up for disappointment.

Slacker

I know there are rumors that there are even worse videos of Trump that are out there, just waiting to drop, but honestly, every election there are rumors like that and nothing ever comes from them. I think Democrats should just be happy with the damage already done by pussy-gate and not get too antsy waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hillary will win this election in the landslide, the senate will likely flip - and therefore the supreme court as well, and while I'd love to see Democrats take back the house, I can't help but feel that that's asking a bit too much without another October surprise, and relying on one is just going to set oneself up for disappointment.

I think there's reason to assume this time is different. The man has done whatever he wants all the time in the public eye for 50 years. Of course there's more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom