• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a link to what he said? I don't know too much about his actual positions (and since he's definitely a conservative I doubt I would ever want to vote for him if I learned what they were in detail) but just in terms actually being a "principled conservative" he seems like the real deal. Actually getting a Republican of notoriety to acknowledge BLM (among other issues) feels like pulling teeth but it seemed like such an obvious "no shit" concept to him when he spoke about it that I was actually pleasantly surprised.

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/4407870-155/jonathan-capehart-still-hate-trump-and

Capehart has an article on him
McMullin is a former covert CIA operative who takes a dim view of Russian President Vladimir Putin, who along with his government, "are clearly attacking our democracy ... in the same way that they've attacked the democracies in Europe." After detailing Putin's process, which includes fomenting divisions along racial and ethnic lines, I couldn't help but ask McMullin if he thought Trump was either a witting or unwitting Putin agent. "Oh there's no question," he said. "There's absolutely no question."
McMullin has said also that Ronald Reagan would be opposed to Trump's pro-Russia stance and that it isn't acceptable that Republicans let it slide

Slacker

The OT all over Hillary's State Dept quid pro quo scandal.

One of these days there will actually be a real scandal that has serious implications. The best way for the Democrats to survive such a blow is:

1) Have opponents who "cry wolf" over everything she has ever done, until the general public just assumes every new scandal is horseshit.

2) Have opponents who nominate a racist, xenophobic, hate-filled sex offender to run against your candidate.

Damn it's easy to be a Democratic strategist these days. Thanks Repubs!

Emarv

The OT all over Hillary's State Dept quid pro quo scandal.

I prefer the stealth "Trump isn't so bad" thread about lobbyists, full of "Trump actually isn't totally terrible and supports X" comments that he's clearly never supported before or mentions he cares about.

OT is the Ohio of NeoGAF.

If y'all hate Morning Joe so much, why do you watch it?

giphy.gif

mo60

Every day I worry about the October surprise.

Have we hit October surprise?

The tape and the subsequent accusations against donald by women plus all the other stuff released about donald trump in the last few weeks or so were the October surprise.The october surprise has yet to finish. You could also say Julian Assange's internet getting cut by Ecuador was another october surprise.

Most of this type of shit is just gun-culture circle-jerks, but the overlap between hate groups and armed militias was always high. Eventually, as demographics turn against the White majority, I fully expect one of these groups to slip through the cracks and successfully engineer an OKC type attack.

My real fear TBH, is the success they've had at influencing marginalized soldiers, and their presence in law enforcement. That's where this type of hyper-bias can affect minorities every day, with the back-up of State institutions

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...mp-election-patriot-movement?CMP=share_btn_tw
images.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
The worst part of this whole "rigged" farce is that there are a bunch of Trump surrogates and Republican strategists willing to go along with it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm hoping Hillary has an actual good, concise response to the Podesta/email stuff for the debate tomorrow.

Grief.exe

The worst part of this whole "rigged" farce is that there are a bunch of Trump surrogates and Republican strategists willing to go along with it.

That Rudy Giuliani interview on Jake Tapper on Sunday was an absolute travesty.

Claimed that the votes will be rigged due to Democrats controlling the inner cities. Saying he's prosecuted voter fraud in the past, so he is in a position of knowledge to declare the practice rampant.
No data used at any point, just the "gut feeling" that is so synonymous with the Republican party.

Emarv

So goes twitter, so goes the OT which has already went therefore to goeth the nation. Anyway new cbs poll post quidproquo gate

Hillary 39
Trump 45
Wifi 4
Aleppo 3

Wifi beating Aleppo? NOOOOO!

Isn't there that law about third parties receiving federal funding or something once they get over 5%? Poor Jill Stein won't even be able to help her party.

Wiz

Do you guys think Trump would be petty enough to spend the next 8 years without conceding the race?

Or will he surprise us and lose gracefully

This is my biggest worry about the outcome of this election tbh

Drakeon

Do you guys think Trump would be petty enough to spend the next 8 years without conceding the race?

Is he petty enough? Of course.

Will it matter? No. Because he'll lose in such a manner that it won't be close.

Boke1879

He'll claim the system is rigged. He won't back out gracefully

Wiz

Is he petty enough? Of course.

Will it matter? No. Because he'll lose in such a manner that it won't be close.

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping for a landslide, so any doubts are out the window...or will he think that because it was a landslide it HAD to be rigged?

I don't know, but if we get anything close to 2000 (which we luckily wont), there would be riots in the streets.

I love liberals. We're winning by every metric you could think of. Trump's map is shrinking. Ours is expanding. We have a ground game. He has nothing. He's behind by 12 points. We're ahead everywhere that matters. (Ohio may or may not matter, it depends). We don't need more oppo to drop. It doesn't matter whatever desperate thing the deplorables cling to. We win by doing better than they do. It's all good.

#PodestaEmails11 is trending. Fuck.

I've mentioned this before, but the right's hashtag game is pretty embarrassing. Nothing says "this shit is super mundane" like a tired hashtag that's gone through 10 iterations.

The end result when they're at #PodestaEmails34 is just people being like "woah, they really used that hashtag 34 times?"

Iolo

Chris Cillizza Verified account 9:38 AM - 18 Oct 2016
‏@TheFix

From a smart GOP source on what Trump needs to do in debate: "EMAILS, FOUNDATION, FAILED RECORD. EMAILS, FOUNDATION, FAILED RECORD."

Mark ‏@MarkP21 42 minutes ago

@TheFix sounds like it was you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom