• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

When is Donald Trump going to release his taxes? He said he would, and even Mike Pence doubled down on the fact that Trump will release his taxes. However, we're getting really close to the day of the election.

He will never release his taxes. Before and especially not after the election (why would Trump feel any obligation to release his tax returns *after* Election Day anyway?).

His IRS audit excuse is good enough for the people who believe it, which is all he cares about. The rest of the country knows that an audit doesn't actually prevent taxes from being released, as has been pointed out in the debates already.

sazzy

I'm fucking stoked. If Gloria Allred is the one representing her then Donald is fucked. Donald is fucked, so bad.

I'm also guessing that, due to the way this is being released to the news, this case would most likely be 1- much more recent 2- and have more substantial evidence than just the testimony of the accuser.

The stuff out of the NYTimes confirmed the main point we were all wondering about his taxes-that he hasn't paid any federal taxes for years and does both all the terrible things real estate developers do and rich people do to avoid paying taxes.

What he doesn't want to come out is how little he gives to charity, but this would presumably hurt him worst with evangelical communities, but they have proven as a whole to be willing ignore the immediate, obvious wickedness as a means to an end.

Bowdz

The stuff out of the NYTimes confirmed the main point we were all wondering about his taxes-that he hasn't paid any federal taxes for years and does both all the terrible things real estate developers do and rich people do to avoid paying taxes.

What he doesn't want to come out is how little he gives to charity, but this would presumably hurt him worst with evangelical communities and they have proven as a whole to be willing ignore the immediate, obvious wickedness as a means to an end.

That's my impression as well. His lack of charitable donations is the next big bombshell.

What he doesn't want to come out is how little he gives to charity, but this would presumably hurt him worst with evangelical communities and they have proven as a whole to be willing ignore the immediate, obvious wickedness as a means to an end.

Evangelicals will have ignore anything and everything as long as the opposition is a Democrat. For example, they didn't particularly care about golden boy idol Ted Cruz not tithing.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-cruz-lies-right-to-christian-journalists-face-about-tithing/

jmdajr

vVJLBH.png

54820761cfbe942624befe13a2f36a00.gif

Wilsongt

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/13/polit...ign-wikileaks0631AMVODtopLink&linkId=29924450

In the email, Halpin wrote that 21st Century Fox Chairman Rupert Murdoch and NewsCorp Chairman Robert Thomson, who are both Catholic, are attracted to the faith because of "systemic thought and severely backward gender relations."

Palmieri responded: "I imagine they think it is the most socially acceptable, politically conservative religion -- their rich friends wouldn't understand if they became evangelical."

The religious leaders said in the statement, "Podesta's refusal to raise any objection makes him equally party to this bigotry. It is inexcusable. It is shameful. It is un-American."

A lot of truth in the email and a lot of prosecution complex by religious leaders.

Xis

I hate how we are all waiting for more awful news to drop. We are essentially betting that he is even worse than has already been revealed. In a sane world, the stuff that is already out there should be enough!

marrec

Banned
It is amazing how fast I soured on Greenwald

That whole crowd never once cared about the American people, it was always about this anarchistic desire to destroy the pillars of the US Government with no plan to replace it with anything else. A desire likely rooted in some long held grudge.

I've been beating this damn drum since the NSA leaks, Greenwald doesn't care about Snowden or you or me or anyone else but his revenge.

Um, the Podesta leaks happening right now?

It's funny because he brings up FOIA as an example of why powerful officials shouldn't expect privacy but you wouldn't have been able to do a FOIA request for Podesta's personal gmail account and he knows that. He's just muddying the waters and deflecting. Dude does not care about anyone's privacy as long as it furthers his goals.

He's 100% a shit.

Barzul

I hate how we are all waiting for more awful news to drop. We are essentially betting that he is even worse than has already been revealed. In a sane world, the stuff that is already out there should be enough!

I think most of us just want to bury any chance of Trump winning. I wasn't terrified of a McCain presidency, I wasn't terrified of a Romney presidency. Heck even Bush looks extremely competent compared to Trump. It's terrifying what Trump could actually do with that mantle. He's Nixon to the nth degree, think he will legit attempt to steer America towards a dictatorship. I'm Nigerian by birth I know what a dictatorship looks like, that reality is scary and with him plus a Republican congress I do not doubt that some rights we currently have will be eroded.

So my mother and I got into it yesterday - she doesn't like Trump but the she doesn't like Clinton either. However she's being told that Hillary is going to allow abortions for those who carrying up to term - 8 to 9 months and now due to this the election has come down to a single issue matter for her (and is trying to make that one for the rest of us - hence our argument). Is there anything on Clinton's actual stance to rebut this?

Damaniel

Banned
I'm also guessing that, due to the way this is being released to the news, this case would most likely be 1- much more recent 2- and have more substantial evidence than just the testimony of the accuser.

Who's giving the press conference? Is it just the accuser, or will her attorney be present? I have a feeling that you're right in that there may be something other than he said/she said in this case. I guess we'll know in a couple hours.

rjinaz

Jesus MSNBC has a Trump supporter that says she was sexually assaulted claiming these women coming forward are trivializing sexual assault. But she believes everything the Clinton accusers says of course.

So RABA Research did a poll of 18-29 year olds:

http://www.rabaresearch.com/documents/RABA-Simpson-College-Millennial-October-2016.pdf

Hillary: 49
Trump: 26
Johnson: 11
Stein: 5
Unsure: 10

This is a lot lower for third parties than what we've seen in other crosstabs. Because millennials are sometimes hard to reach in most traditional polling operations and you're extrapolating small samples, we could be seeing the overstatement of Johnson and Stein support.

I'm fucking stoked. If Gloria Allred is the one representing her then Donald is fucked. Donald is fucked, so bad.

When would the case begin if this happens? I assume after the election?

So my mother and I got into it yesterday - she doesn't like Trump but the she doesn't like Clinton either. However she's being told that Hillary is going to allow abortions for those who carrying up to term - 8 to 9 months and now due to this the election has come down to a single issue matter for her (and is trying to make that one for the rest of us - hence our argument). Is there anything on Clinton's actual stance to rebut this?

Clinton presumably supports late term abortions in cases of severe birth defects (often nonviable or severely low chances of survival). The reasons given in such cases are mental distress of the mother, and anti abortion groups spin that into a free pass for late term abortions.

Should I vote for Misty Snow (Dem candidate, trans woman, super progressive) or Bill Barron (friend of mine, single issue climate candidate) for Utah's Senate seat?

Neither candidate has any possibility of winning.

Funny, Colorado also has a trans Dem candidate named Misty as well. Gonna vote for her over our (R) turd who does nothing in office, and won't even show up to debates.

Blader

Something like 95 percent of abortions happen in the first trimester. The idea of women having abortions the day before they're due to deliver is a fiction invented by pro-life advocates. That shit doesn't happen, at least in any meaningful capacity (I don't know the stats off hand so the number of abortions performed 8-9 months in may not be literally zero).

Grief.exe

Something like 95 percent of abortions happen in the first trimester. The idea of women having abortions the day before their due to deliver is a fiction invented by pro-life advocates. That shit doesn't happen, at least in any meaningful capacity (I don't know the stats off hand so the number of abortions performed 8-9 months in may not be literally zero).

And most that would occur during that period are likely due to life of the mother concerns.

Cyanity

Banned

Do you even really need to ask? Of course she doesn't support abortion at 8 to 9 months.

edit - although her stance on late term abortion in the case of severe or life-threatening birth defects may involve legality. I don't see how people would be outraged at that though.

Boke1879

When would the case begin if this happens? I assume after the election?

Yea this probably wouldn't go to court for a long time but I assume this woman alongside Gloria will give her account of what happened. I'd assume it's recent as well and this could also give other women the courage to step forward as well

I don't get jifts on Christmas, I certainly don't look at at animated JIFs.

Also, I realized I was old one day when I realized that "animated GIF" is essentially redundant now, and for most people always was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom