• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump refusing to accept the results is going to bring out a LOT of establishment republicans against him.

Yep. Lindsey Graham's already putting him on blast:

CvLZuU-WAAEWDVM.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Steve Schmidt had had it, and is calling for Republicans to stand up against Trump.

Tamanon

Banned
I just don't know how Putin keeps being the thing that breaks him.

How does he not have witty responses built up yet to deflect that of all things?

Bowdz

Trump's refusal to say he'll recognize her victory if she wins is a non-issue. It's as stupid as when candidates say they'll endorse the winner in the primary. You can't say that in advance because the next day something could be said or done that would force you to go back on what you said. Imagine if Cruz said yeah I'll support Trump if he wins, and the next day Trump says Cruz is a pedophile.

You make that decision at the end of the race. I think this is overblown, they can make a big deal about it on november 8th based on what he says and what happened then.

Dude, this is THE story, the media is covering. They are floored by his answer.

I'm tipsy from a debate watch party, but holy shit, Trump refused to say he would accept the election results.

Does he not realize that now that rhetoric is associated with his bullshit, which means democrats are MORE likely vote?

kadotsu

Banned
Honestly at this point. The debates are done. We are just over two weeks out. Everything is baked in. Nobody is sitting on the fence because of the Foundation.

I think the campaign will regardless because (and this may shock you) Hillary Clinton is detail oriented and wants everything wrapped up nicely.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Dude, this is THE story, the media is covering. They are floored by his answer.

Of course they are, and it's dumb, always was, even in the primary, for both the Democrats and Republicans. You don't give an endorsement before the end of the race, no one should ask any of the candidates for it.

xeris

C-SPAN is showing the room still as they schmooze with the crowd. Hillary is all smiles and jokes, Trump looks like he just wants the hell out of there.

teiresias

Steve Schmidt on MSNBC calling the elections results answer a clear and present danger and that all GOP members of character should be speaking out against this and have some political courage.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Conway's response basically is 100% pointing to a new news network.

This is why I put Trump's Putin response at only 3:1 odds at the time.

It got passed by "I'll tell you at the time," and "such a nasty woman."

Yikes.

Of course they are, and it's dumb, always was, even in the primary, for both the Democrats and Republicans. You don't give an endorsement before the end of the race, no one should ask any of the candidates for it.

It's not asking for an endorsement but a concession.

You know there's a difference eh?

Trump's refusal to say he'll recognize her victory if she wins is a non-issue. It's as stupid as when candidates say they'll endorse the winner in the primary. You can't say that in advance because the next day something could be said or done that would force you to go back on what you said. Imagine if Cruz said yeah I'll support Trump if he wins, and the next day Trump says Cruz is a pedophile.

You make that decision at the end of the race. I think this is overblown, they can make a big deal about it on november 8th based on what he says and what happened then.
Maybe it won't stick as an issue but it kind of is a big fucking deal!

If Trump said Cruz was a pedophile that would be a very understandable rationale for switching. Who the fuck would try and turn that around on Cruz? Likewise if there was recording of Clinton saying "Haha my minions have totally rigged this and here's how" that would justify any change of position regarding the fairness of the election.

The fact is that Trump's refusal to say whether he'll bide by the election results is very illuminating of his cynicism and lack of faith in our American democracy. Don't kid yourself for one second if you think Trump would be complaining about rigged elections or a biased media if he were ahead in the polls by the margin Hillary is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom