• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Trump's refusal to say he'll recognize her victory if she wins is a non-issue. It's as stupid as when candidates say they'll endorse the winner in the primary. You can't say that in advance because the next day something could be said or done that would force you to go back on what you said. Imagine if Cruz said yeah I'll support Trump if he wins, and the next day Trump says Cruz is a pedophile.

You make that decision at the end of the race. I think this is overblown, they can make a big deal about it on november 8th based on what he says and what happened then.

Nobody on worth on either side of the political aisle feels this way

Of course they are, and it's dumb, always was, even in the primary, for both the Democrats and Republicans. You don't give an endorsement before the end of the race, no one should ask any of the candidates for it.

This isn't about endorsements, this is about accepting the voice of the American public.

Lo-Volt

Trump fucking cooked himself, this prick. Asshole. Good job, Donald.

But this ensures an ugly epilogue. On the way out, Donald cast a final curse on us by "keeping us in suspense" about this election. A pox on us for even entertaining a man like him.

Boke1879

Of course they are, and it's dumb, always was, even in the primary, for both the Democrats and Republicans. You don't give an endorsement before the end of the race, no one should ask any of the candidates for it.

It's not an endorsement.

It's saying if you lose will you accept the results. It's a legit question considering all of Trump's "rigged" talk. There's a reason even the GOP is coming out now making statements about it. It undermines democracy.

Tarydax

Banned
Hillary tore him apart. It wasn't even fucking close.She would have been absolutely perfect if not for that one bad answer. A-

Trump was more or less the same. He should have taken stronger tranquilizers. Provided a fuck ton of ad material for Hillary. F

Chris Wallace was surprisingly great. Honestly, I think he was better than Martha Raddatz and Anderson Cooper. He meant it when he said he wasn't going to be a potted plant. He even did a bit of fact checking, even though he said he wouldn't. He did give some leading questions, though, but he works at Fox, sooooooo. . . A-

sazzy

AVw0HL.png
AVw0HL.png

Trump's refusal to say he'll recognize her victory if she wins is a non-issue. It's as stupid as when candidates say they'll endorse the winner in the primary. You can't say that in advance because the next day something could be said or done that would force you to go back on what you said. Imagine if Cruz said yeah I'll support Trump if he wins, and the next day Trump says Cruz is a pedophile.

You make that decision at the end of the race. I think this is overblown, they can make a big deal about it on november 8th based on what he says and what happened then.

Uh, saying whether or not you'll support a particular candidate is not at all the same fucking thing as saying whether or not you'll accept the results of a democratic election.

A concession of defeat and admitting the election was proper and fair is not giving an endorsement

Amir0x

Banned
What a debate.

So far the lead for the news stations:

1. Won't concede the election
2. "Nasty Woman."
3. Russia/Putin Puppet

Then there's so much more Hillary did good at to pick apart. Abortion, Aleppo, Chinese Steel. The "undocumented immigrants paying more in taxes than a billionaire." Just an astonishing performance. Every weakness he has she meticulously picked at, and the rest of the time Trump was just fucking himself over with Wallace's concise questioning.

If one were scoring this debate, it'd be so lopsided in Hillary's direction you would have to feel shame for the opponent. Just an awful performance from Trump.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People need to realize how dangerous Trump refusing to accept the election is. His supporters won't, either.

Strimei

I started out the evening saying "I'm not gonna watch the debate, I'm burnt out."

I watched the whole thing. Of course I did. And I feel more burnt out, though in a good way. That was quite the show.

That might have been one of the best debate performances I have ever seen. Wallace finally gave Clinton room to operate and she fucking knocked it out of the park.

So pleased.

I'm an even keeled human being but I literally cannot control my physical need to punch Jeffrey Lord in the throat. What a complete and utter useless waste of space.

Sibylus

Banned
  • This was the enemy Hillary was born to knock down. I wouldn't have pegged it as a populist fascist.
  • Wallace had the best performance of all the moderators. Most pointed questions, most prepared for the unruly crowd, and best followups.
  • Donald 0/3 by a wide margin. His best didn't even come close to making him palatable or presidential.
  • He delivers Hillary yet more rounds when her armory is still flush. He's outgunned, outwitted, outspent, and outlasted. Sad!

Link

The Autumn Wind
Van Jones: "You cannot polish this turd."

Anderson Cooper: "Technically, you can't polish any turd."

Quality television.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
A concession of defeat and admitting the election was proper and fair is not giving an endorsement

I meant concession, english isn't my first language :p

It's a dumb question, you can wait on november 8th to make a big deal about it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom