• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Here are some Georgia numbers
CvLkuE5UIAEadHF.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In the same vein of the "nasty woman" comment, I think Trump stopped himself from doing something like that earlier

He caught himself in time.

I am so annoyed she couldn't get him to call her a bitch or cunt on live TV. She goaded him into literally everything else in the time she had. If she had one more debate she could do it, just one more...

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Trump has set himself up here.

I wonder how many pundits will refer to him as a sore loser off the back of "I'll accept the results if I win"?

Nairume

Banned
In the same vein of the "nasty woman" comment, I think Trump stopped himself from doing something like that earlier

He caught himself in time.
I could have sworn there was a moment during the discussion on Obamacare where he started to say that "I'm glad premiums are going up" so he could boast about being on the right side of that discussion before realizing how awful that was going to sound in clips and hastily tried to change course.

You think he's going to be able to give up the cult like following he's amassed? He feeds off it, can't see him not easily ditching it.

This is the story. It's a cult. I'm not sure anyone can know what's next, but it's clear that Trump has gone full cult leader. I'm not sure if he knows it, or if he thinks this is how it must be for Obama, but his narcissism and personality flaws have him addicted to the power and rush of not so much just the adulation, but to the feeling of control he has over them. He couldn't live without this level of adulation now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Judging by that gif of Trump destroying his notes and containing his rage, I think it's pretty obvious he knew he lost that debate. At least he is smart enough to realize that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Judging by that gif of Trump destroying his notes and containing his rage, I think it's pretty obvious he knew he lost that debate. At least he is smart enough to realize that.

I mean, Daffy Duck always knew when Bugs Bunny wrecked him. Why should the real life equivalent be any different.

If the SNL skit doesn't end with Hillary going, "Ain't I a stinker," after a crazy Trump remark I will be disappointed.

Piecake

Even Paul LePage, the controversial governor of Maine who has drawn comparisons to Donald Trump for his loud rhetoric and habit of disparaging the press, is harping on the Republican nominee for his refusal to commit to conceding if he loses the November election.

“Not accepting the results, I think, is just a stupid comment,” LePage said on a Maine radio station on Thursday, responding to Trump’s comments at the third presidential debate. “I mean, c’mon. Get over yourself.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/paul-lepage-trump-election-results-230099

You know you fucked up when even Le Page thinks you're acting like a narcissistic sore whiny loser

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
GOP is screwed

yQGHXrR.jpg

Pence is most likely the guy for the establishment in 2020, then. He can somewhat appear reasonable, although I do feel like he's Scott Walker 2.0.

I mean, look at those numbers. Trump and Cruz together pull in over 40%. That's insane.

Pence is most likely the guy for the establishment in 2020, then. He can somewhat appear reasonable, although I do feel like he's Scott Walker 2.0.

I mean, look at those numbers. Trump and Cruz together pull in over 40%. That's insane.

He's still going to spend lots of time trying to defend he's ties to Trump.

Bowdz

Pence is most likely the guy in 2020, then. I mean, look at those numbers. Trump and Cruz together pull in over 40%. That's insane.

It's kind of stupid to predict the 2020 nominee based off of feelings in 2016. I'm sure if they polled this in 2012, the respondents would have said Paul Ryan by droves.

I do agree that the combined Trump/Cruz/Pence number should be terrifying for establishment Republicans though. It seems like one of rhe largest, most vocal, and most active parts of their base is basically Trump's core constituencies. I honestly don't know how you right the ship if you are a moderate Republican.

Plinko

It's kind of stupid to predict the 2020 nominee based off of feelings in 2016. I'm sure if they polled this in 2012, the respondents would have said Paul Ryan by droves.

I do agree that the combined Trump/Cruz/Pence number should be terrifying for establishment Republicans though. It seems like one of rhe largest, most vocal, and most active parts of their base is basically Trump's core constituencies. I honestly don't know how you right the ship if you are a moderate Republican.

I edited it because I meant that was who I thought the establishment would go for. It makes sense--he was tied to Trump, so he could bring in the crazies, but he has a pre-Trump record that establishment types like.

I wouldn't put Pence in with Trump or Cruz, though. Pence can at least appear sensible at times.

Loxley

Hell back in 2012 a lot of folks were thinking Christie would be the front-runner for 2016, but then of course BridgeGate happened and he pretty much kissed his political career goodbye. Only by latching himself onto the bloated whale that is Trump, like a lamprey, has he managed to extend it any further.

Pence doesn't have what it takes to front run. He's just an errand boy.

I think they'll rally around Cruz. Some R's are pissed at Cruz right now, but give it a few years after Donald's resounding defeat.

He spouts similar bullshit as Donald, but he's actually smart and clean (as long as the Zodiac killings go unsolved).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hillary should be having a drag them party instead of what they're doing with her now (recharging her batteries)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I think they'll rally around Cruz. Some R's are pissed at Cruz right now, but give it a few years after Donald's resounding defeat.

He spouts similar bullshit as Donald, but he's actually smart and clean (as long as the Zodiac killings go unsolved).

Cruz killed himself by endorsing Trump after making a whole big scene about how he wouldn't. The dude literally tied himself to Trump just as the grenade he was holding went off. He might win the primary, but he'll be toxic in the general.

A us solider died in Iraq :/

I never know what to say in situations like this, I do hope his family will be ok though.

Plinko

Cruz's likability was around Trump's in the most recent poll.

Diablos

How can Trump even get away with saying these things?

I just feel so disgusted. I think no matter what the result, if he loses, he will cite some alt right conspiracy-ish inspired bullshit about something that he will lie about happening in some precincts, or exaggerate the importance of alleged fraud and use it as a means to sue. He will not let people just go to bed knowing Clinton won. He's going to drag this out for as long as possible.

De Blaiso also seemed to acknowledge that this is really scaring/upsetting lots of young voters he watched the debate with. If nothing else he's trying to scare people into thinking he can't be stopped. It's just so fucked.

I never know what to say in situations like this, I do hope his family will be ok though.
Just means there are US soldiers in the ground fighting ISIS and Trump is going to say sonething horrible.

I mean he said last night they were only fighting in Mosul to help Hillary. That is so disrespectful to everyone fighting and this soldiers family.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How can Trump even get away with saying these things?

I just feel so disgusted. I think no matter what the result, if he loses, he will cite some alt right conspiracy-ish inspired bullshit about something that he will lie about happening in some precincts, or exaggerate the importance of alleged fraud and use it as a means to sue. He will not let people just go to bed knowing Clinton won. He's going to drag this out for as long as possible.

De Blaiso also seemed to acknowledge that this is really scaring/upsetting lots of young voters he watched the debate with. If nothing else he's trying to scare people into thinking he can't be stopped. It's just so fucked.

There's been a few reports of Trump literally giving kids nightmares and making the election unteachable in schools.

I have a feeling that when Trump loses the entire nation is let out the breath it's been holding in since his convention speech.

Just means there are US soldiers in the ground fighting ISIS and Trump is going to say sonething horrible.

I mean he said last night they were only fighting in Mosul to help Hillary. That is so disrespectful to everyone fighting and this soldiers family.

That I get and it's totally disgusting. I mean when people die I never really know what to say because no matter what I say it'll be so hollow compared to what just happened.

He needs to get his teeth kicked in on election day.

gaugebozo

That I get and it's totally disgusting. I mean when people die I never really know what to say because no matter what I say it'll be so hollow compared to what just happened.

Nobody really can say "the right thing". The best thing to do is offer what you really feel, even if it's as simple as, "I'm so sorry."

He needs to get his teeth kicked in on election day.

The most fitting punishment for Donald Trump is to be half submerged in the frozen lake in Hell while demons force him to watch people laughing at him, with no ability to talk.

Zukkoyaki

No polling today. Kinda Zzzzz

Only two I could find...

Data Orbital - Arizona (502 LV, 10/17-18)
Clinton: 41
Trump: 41
Johnson: 5

Mitchel Research - Michigan (1102 LV, 10/18)
Clinton: 51
Trump: 38
Johnson: 5

The Michigan poll is landline only so straight garbage. But it's funny how badly Clinton is destroying Trump is such a poll given their significant conservative skew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom