• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Biden would take Donald behind the gym and Trump Sr would be standing there with his arms out and say "I'm sorry for ignoring you, son, but I am here to stand beside you at the science fair."

Father and son would embrace and Trump Sr would give a thumbs up to young Joe, forever preventing the Trump candidacy.

Joe Biden is one of the nicest politicians I know of, even if he's a bit overly grabby himself at points. But atleast with him, it's because he's an extremely friendly guy, or atleast that's the sense I get.

What Biden is talking about is assault basically and it's not a good thing, but this level of disgust is just the natural human reaction to encountering someone like Trump, so I atleast understand it.

Basically I think every decent guy thinks "what if this guy said this about my sister" and the answer is that those would be fighting words. As an adult getting into a fight has a totally different meaning though. That stuff is for keeps, generally speaking.

I don't support his comments per se but I sure as hell understand them.

The ultimate bedwetting to take until the 8th is to assume everyone will assume that Donald lost and then everyone forgets to go out and vote.

plz plz don't do this

I don't think there could be a bigger wakeup call to the GOP then losing one of their hard safe states.

They would really have to think about their 2020 map

This happened twice in 08. No one saw Indiana or NC going blue.

There was no wakeup call, they only got worse

Joe Biden would take Donald behind the gym and Trump Sr would be standing there with his arms out and say "I'm sorry for ignoring you, son, but I am here to stand beside you at the science fair."

Father and son would embrace and Trump Sr would give a thumbs up to young Joe, forever preventing the Trump candidacy.

Whoosh.

Joe steps out of the effervescent portal carefully. It crackles while it shrinks, becoming quieter and quieter until it is gone altogether. Joe turns to his boot-donning partner, whose smile is brimming wider than ever. The boot almost falls off as he laughs heartily.

"The time machine really does work!" Joe boasts. Vermin Supreme nods affirmatively.

"There wasn't a chance it wouldn't. I don't make empty promises," he asserts.

Joe guffaws and thinks to himself for a moment. "Who's next?"

Vermin Supreme says nothing but hands Joe a photograph of a young woman who had her dreams crushed when she lost a beauty pageant. Her youthful eyes beam of aspiration.

Joe's eyes are still on the photograph when Vermin Supreme suddenly throws the intentionally oversized lever down boyishly.

"Good luck!"

Chumley

Banned
Curt Schilling on Hardball just now made a total idiot of himself trying to fight with Matthews over something Matthews didn't say. And that he's proud of not practicing in politics.

Just... jesus fucking christ. Why does anyone listen to this man.

Nafai1123

Banned
Curt Schilling on Hardball just now made a total idiot of himself trying to fight with Matthews over something Matthews didn't say. And that he's proud of not practicing in politics.

Just... jesus fucking christ. Why does anyone listen to this man.

He used to throw a ball gud.

kcp12304

Banned
One of the bad effects of Trump after this election may be him inspiring loudmouth fools like Schilling thinking that they are qualified to run for office and that its totally ok to say whatever ignorant thing that pops in their head.

Rubio used to be reasonable on immigration. Which was the thing that made him scary because he could better appeal to minorities. He got crushed by Trump and Cruz during the primaries though. As such, he even shifted rightward on this because the GOP has been overtaken by white nationalists. He's absolutely awful.
So the National Review writer who was harassed by Trump supporters? He was pro-Gamergate. How ironic.

I'll reserve my empathy for his wife and daughter alone then

mclem

I have to imagine they confirm Garland in a lame duck session because it's the best they'll get and it removes an opportunity for the hated Clinton to get the spotlight appointing one on her first day in office and then being able to campaign on it in 4 years.

The thing that bothers me about this scenario is the cognitive dissonance; the entire premise for the obstruction was the idea that 'the people should decide who gets to pick the next SC justice', and then when the people effectively say "...we don't want you to make up the committee", they override that in a lame duck session.

If that does happen, there absolutely need to be people shouting from the rooftops about the hypocrisy in that contradiction.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think there could be a bigger wakeup call to the GOP then losing one of their hard safe states.

They would really have to think about their 2020 map

Nah, the 2020 strategy is to run whoever has the most folksy charm.

chadskin

Oklahoma voting officials have denied a request from the Russian consulate in Houston to monitor the Nov. 8 general elections in the state, saying foreign delegates are not allowed into polling stations, an official said on Friday.

The consul general made similar requests to officials in Texas and Louisiana, local news reports said, and was rebuffed in both states.

It's rigged. It's all rigged. Believe me.

johnsmith

remember me
I still remember the first time I saw Rubio on the daily show. I was playing a DS game and wasn't really paying attention but thought he sounded like a nice friendly guy. But I remember pausing at something he said and made myself go back and listen to the interview and once I listened to the actual words coming out of his mouth I was like holy shit, this guys is a far right nutjob but more dangerous because he came off so likeable if you weren't paying attention.

Was this posted? Hillary's campaign is pouring salt into the wound.

Zeke Miller ‏@ZekeJMiller 22 hours ago
Clinton campaign trolls Trump in FEC report

CvQlyagWgAQ_YQJ.jpg:large

The saddest part of that Reuters article being posted in OT is their own damn poll is showing Clinton +9 in the latest update. There's always an uninformed sucker waiting to be had by a clickbait headline somewhere.

Holmes

The saddest part of that Reuters article being posted in OT is their own damn poll is showing Clinton +9 in the latest update. There's always an uninformed sucker waiting to be had by a clickbait headline somewhere.
If it spurs Democrats to bedwet their way to the polls then whatever

mclem

So here's something that struck me, kind of an uncertainty principle thing:

Has there been any research into whether the act of polling a person has any inherent GOTV effect on that person? That is, whether actively engaging them to think about their choice pushes them more into the LV column?

I'm not quite sure how you'd go about researching that, mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom