• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
How we're going to have to talk about the origins of the modern American right-wing movement.

"Independent game developer Zoe Quinn once slept with a game journalist who never covered her game. This lead to Nazis stalking her and driving her from her home and starting the new white nationalist movement in American politics."

What the fuck happened to America.

It's just missing the that these people always existed, but now have a way to communicate with each other and fester into a basket of fucks.

The problem is that it's not going to be enough to grab attention unless she has allegations more serious than the other women gave.

There needs to be a new Oppo dump. Something worse than the Bus tape needs to come out before November.

Only way another woman will get attention is if she's famous or her story is Trump raped her or beat her. Seems like the media has moved on just adding another + to the sexual assault allegations.

Boke1879

Only way another woman will get attention is if she's famous or her story is Trump raped her or beat her. Seems like the media has moved on just adding another + to the sexual assault allegations.

Whether it gets a ton of play or not. Women coming forward is good regardless

Same thing happened with Cosby. Media grew tired of steady stream of women coming up and saying the same stuff as others about being drugged and raped.

Okay, so I'ma drop some tea. And I'm not being shady, or maybe I am, but you know...

The "need more oppo" thing. Come on. We are winning. Bigly. We are going to win based by not being a shitty ass candidate who rapes and assaults women. We are going to win because our ideas are better. We are going to win because our candidate isn't a literal fucking Nazi. We are going to win because we are sane and competent, not because of Access Freaking Hollywood.

Look, the tape helped, but Hillary's numbers moved when she stood on stage and dismantled the orange turd. Every day we do not need call after call for stuff to drop. It's just ridiculous.You know which candidate wants to make a freaking spectacle of the election and the electorate? Hint: It's not Hillary Clinton!
Damn that Jill Stein

And, while we're on the subject, the women who have come forward are not pawns or props to be used to drive our numbers up here and there. These are women who were abused by this orange fuck, and god knows how many more of them are out there. So, like, I think that's something we should remember, you know?

Do I think there is more disgusting shit out there that this orange shitstain has done? You better believe it! Do I think it would help us? Sure, maybe? I guess, but, seriously, we are at a point where....this is as good as it's going to get for us. We need our ground game, we need our volunteers, we need our surrogates....not some white whale of a tape or something.

When they go low, we go high!

This is mainly the overwrought hot-take from Daily Caller. I'm not going to link to that crap-box, but a Google search for "Diversity" + "Obama Admin" + "whites only" from yesterday will get you the story

Oh is this the time of the election when the Daily Caller just decides to be racist shits again?

Okay, so I'ma drop some tea. And I'm not being shady, or maybe I am, but you know...

The "need more oppo" thing. Come on. We are winning. Bigly. We are going to win based by not being a shitty ass candidate who rapes and assaults women. We are going to win because our ideas are better. We are going to win because our candidate isn't a literal fucking Nazi. We are going to win because we are sane and competent, not because of Access Freaking Hollywood.

Look, the tape helped, but Hillary's numbers moved when she stood on stage and dismantled the orange turd. Every day we do not need call after call for stuff to drop. It's just ridiculous.You know which candidate wants to make a freaking spectacle of the election and the electorate? Hint: It's not Hillary Clinton!
Damn that Jill Stein

And, while we're on the subject, the women who have come forward are not pawns or props to be used to drive our numbers up here and there. These are women who were abused by this orange fuck, and god knows how many more of them are out there. So, like, I think that's something we should remember, you know?

Do I think there is more disgusting shit out there that this orange shitstain has done? You better believe it! Do I think it would help us? Sure, maybe? I guess, but, seriously, we are at a point where....this is as good as it's going to get for us. We need our ground game, we need our volunteers, we need our surrogates....not some white whale of a tape or something.

Screw that noise. I want the damn House, and the only way that happens is if Republican turnout is driven into the damn ground. Winning the presidency is all well and good, and is happening for the reasons you outlined, but the same can't be said about all the down ticket races. DROP OPPO.

Veelk

Banned

Damn that Jill Stein

My main hope for more oppo to drop is less to drive hillary's numbers up (as you say, we are comfortably ahead), but because I'm hoping some kind of evidence finally comes out that we can charge this fucker with actual crime.

It's not enough that he simply lose. He's a tax evader, sexual predator, and has shown to have no empathy for other people. People like him belong in jail. So I want something that will actually end him once and for all.

Paches

Do we know that Trump is a rapist? I mean, yeah, it is pretty clear he has committed sexual assault, but rape? I know there is the one underage accuser, but I am hesitant to label the accused a rapist without evidence.

Unless there is physical evidence then please educate me.

Do we know that Trump is a rapist? I mean, yeah, it is pretty clear he has committed sexual assault, but rape? I know there is the one underage accuser, but I am hesitant to label the accused a rapist without evidence.

One of the accusers accused him of rape but that's about it.

Edit: on second thought I think that was one of bill clintons actually so maybe not

Screw that noise. I want the damn House, and the only way that happens is if Republican turnout is driven into the damn ground. Winning the presidency is all well and good, and is happening for the reasons you outlined, but the same can't be said about all the down ticket races. DROP OPPO.
That's not happening no matter what drops. People are already voting. There's been no evidence that the far down ballots have been moved bigly. We'll gain quite a few seats, but I just don't see a path where we take the House no matter what. But, there are, you know, better more likely ways to try and fight for the House than waiting on some magical version of the 2016 whitey tape to drop.
My main hope for more oppo to drop is less to drive hillary's numbers up (as you say, we are comfortably ahead), but because I'm hoping some kind of evidence finally comes out that we can charge this fucker with actual crime.

It's not enough that he simply lose. He's a tax evader, sexual predator, and has shown to have no empathy for other people. People like him belong in jail. So I want something that will actually end him once and for all.
I would love for there to be proof that would lock the asshole up.

Oh is this the time of the election when the Daily Caller just decides to be racist shits again?

It's the Narrative spin from the Conservative puke-funnel. Not much difference from anything they write about.

WL and Assange know the email dump is benign office politics. They assumed it would be enough cat-nip to keep the TMZ political media busy talking about the right-wing spin for thw entire election. What they didn't count on was Trump being a giant tire fire and sucking up all the available oxygen, leaving their BS discarded in a corner. Sad!

wutwutwut

This is mainly the overwrought hot-take from Daily Caller. I'm not going to link to that crap-box, but a Google search for "Diversity" + "Obama Admin" + "whites only" from yesterday will get you the story
Eh it seems to be an email they released. Doesn't appear to be something a rep said unless I'm missing something.

Iolo

The problem is that it's not going to be enough to grab attention unless she has allegations more serious than the other women gave.

There needs to be a new Oppo dump. Something worse than the Bus tape needs to come out before November.

tCr79gU.jpg

Ivana Trump accused him of rape. The details of the account have been posted online in various places, including her deposition, I believe. His lawyer argued that he couldn't have raped her because they were married. Then the case of him with the 13 year old.

Paches

Ivana Trump accused him of rape. The details of the account have been posted online in various places, including her deposition, I believe. His lawyer argued that he couldn't have raped her because they were married. Then the case of him with the 13 year old.

Oh shit, I forgot about the Ivana one, thanks.

Damn that Jill Stein

First off, I'm sorry but we need Trump to sink lower so that the house can come into play. We have so much we need to fix and that's only happening if we take back the house.

Second, fuck that "when they go low we go high" crap. Look at that national review article. The deplorables are deplorable because they no longer feel they will face consequences for being openly deplorable. FUCK THAT. I want these deplorable fuckers to learn some goddamn fear of retribution. I don't care what it takes, the deplorables CANNOT feel like their hate is tolerated. If they do, then that hate becomes the new normal.

I refuse to tolerate these fascist bigoted pieces of shit. They think they can bully us liberals and when we respond by being nice to them they just feel more justified. We liberals need to start responding in ways that make them start going back into hiding.

Eh it seems to be an email they released. Doesn't appear to be something a rep said unless I'm missing something.

To believe they didn't go through them and know what was in the dump is naive. They're trying to affect our elections, and they knew their new right-wing friends would spin BS out of them.

They're marching with fascists now, so they can be painted with the same brush Rush, Hannity and David Duke are subject to.

First off, I'm sorry but we need Trump to sink lower so that the house can come into play. We have so much we need to fix and that's only happening if we take back the house.

Second, fuck that "when they go low we go high" crap. Look at that national review article. The deplorables are deplorable because they no longer feel they will face consequences for being openly deplorable. FUCK THAT. I want these deplorable fuckers to learn some goddamn fear of retribution. I don't care what it takes, the deplorables CANNOT feel like their hate is tolerated. If they do, then that hate becomes the new normal.

I refuse to tolerate these fascist bigoted pieces of shit. They think they can bully us liberals and when we respond by being nice to them they just feel more justified. We liberals need to start responding in ways that make them start going back into hiding.

That is not how this works. There comes a tipping point at which we're going to get diminishing returns. We are not going to take the House back. Like, I want it, you want it, fine. We all want it. But the idea that the only way this happens is by some mystical SOMETHING is just....that's not how you politic! We're not going to win the House because we're gerrymandered to hell and back. We're not going to win the House because, a lot of times, we have shit level candidates. Another Donald tape is not going to magically give us the House.

And, look. I like rough politics as much as the next person. I have no problems with hitting people on the issues over and over again. But, the deplorables aren't going back into their basket out of shame of losing. They've been losing for quite a while. They're not going to be guilted into shutting up. They've been drawn into the light, and we have to figure out what in the heck to do about it, sure. But, another mystical tape 18 days before the election is not going to solve our deplorable problem.

And the thing is...it's a problem. It's a problem when they do this shit real quiet, and it's a problem when they do it in the light of day. So, we need to figure out what we can do...but, again....a tape of Donald Trump doing something else racist/sexist/deplorable is nothing more than a band aide.

From a purely political perspective, hanging one's hopes on some mythical "oppo" is just bad strategy. Like, just not good! Sad! (Whatever other Trumpism we want to put there..

Veelk

Banned

I mean...it's hard to think what else we can release that will make people go "Wow, that guy is a piece of shit, we can't elect him or any republican.

If a tape of him using the word "nigger" surfaces, it'll hurt him because it's publically inadmissible to use that word, but many republicans are indeed racists.

The only thing I can think that would be worse than what we already have available is stuff that would be literally criminal. Like if evidence of him raping a 13 year old came out. Then the republicans would indeed abandon him, but at that point it wouldn't matter because he'd be jailed.

And this is all ignoring that many republicans have admitted that Trump is reprehensible, but still believe in the Republican Party itself. Even if you convince them that Trump shouldn't be voted for, that won't convince them Congressman Christfuck shouldn't represent them in Red Neck, Georgia.

Trump should be in jail for the things we arleady know he did and more oppo could help with that. But it won't win us the house.

kevin1025

Banned
Sopan Deb on Trump's speech tomorrow:

Senior Trump aides say tomorrow's speech in Gettysburg is going to be about Trump's first 100 days in office. He gave one on that in June.

Trump aides said in a call there will be "brand new details" in tomorrow's speech, & "a closing argument." Wouldn't give specifics.

So tomorrow has a closing argument. Get ready...

And this is all ignoring that many republicans have admitted that Trump is reprehensible, but still believe in the Republican Party itself. Even if you convince them that Trump shouldn't be voted for, that won't convince them Congressman Christfuck shouldn't represent them in Red Neck, Georgia.

Trump should be in jail for the things we arleady know he did and more oppo could help with that. But it won't win us the house.

This is my argument right here. If you think the House is winnable (I don't, but I'm a negative Nancy anyway!) there are way better strategies (even at this late game) than hoping there is some 2016 whitey tape out there. GOTV, analytics, etc are all more likely to move the needle than just hoping every Republican stays home.

I mean...it's hard to think what else we can release that will make people go "Wow, that guy is a piece of shit, we can't elect him or any republican.

If a tape of him using the word "nigger" surfaces, it'll hurt him because it's publically inadmissible to use that word, but many republicans are indeed racists.

The only thing I can think that would be worse than what we already have available is stuff that would be literally criminal. Like if evidence of him raping a 13 year old came out. Then the republicans would indeed abandon him, but at that point it wouldn't matter because he'd be jailed.

But it's not really about convincing people to dislike him or dislike the Republican down ticket candidates, it's about demoralizing them to the point they just stay home on election day. You're not going to sway hearts and minds by exposing yet more terrible Trump scandals, but you might just dishearten them to the point they decide it's not worth the gas it'd take to drive to their polling place.

But it's not really about convincing people to dislike him or dislike the Republican down ticket candidates, it's about demoralizing them to the point they just stay home on election day. You're not going to sway hearts and minds by exposing yet more terrible Trump scandals, but you might just dishearten them to the point they decide it's not worth the gas it'd take to drive to their polling place.
See, I disagree with that strategy. This is still resting on the hope that there is something else out there. And if there's not? We're still boned. Instead, let's focus on the things we can actually have control over--such as GOTV. We have a huge, huge, huge advantage there. That is far more likely to flip a congressional seat than hoping the GOP has massive amnesia and forgets to vote.

The idealist in me kinda doesn't like the idea of people not voting as a winning strategy. Like, the GOP does this all the time. They enact policies to make it so we give up and go home. (Long lines, voter ID, etc.) So, while I 100% appreciate the reality of the situation, I still would prefer to win by just being better. But, you know, a win is a win, I guess.

Holmes

Damn that Jill Stein

adam dropping that oppo

Yes! Time to drop that hammer

See, I disagree with that strategy. This is still resting on the hope that there is something else out there. And if there's not? We're still boned. Instead, let's focus on the things we can actually have control over--such as GOTV. We have a huge, huge, huge advantage there. That is far more likely to flip a congressional seat than hoping the GOP has massive amnesia and forgets to vote.

The idealist in me kinda doesn't like the idea of people not voting as a winning strategy. Like, the GOP does this all the time. They enact policies to make it so we give up and go home. (Long lines, voter ID, etc.) So, while I 100% appreciate the reality of the situation, I still would prefer to win by just being better. But, you know, a win is a win, I guess.

I'd love to be able to take the high road and win, but right now the GOP effectively owns the lower chamber of the legislative body of the federal government by virtue of engaging in deeply ethically dubious bullshit, so... there's a time and a place, is what I'm saying. Fight dirty today so we can fight again tomorrow.

And I feel like you're conflating two different things? I'm still donating, I'm canvassing for Hillary next weekend, and wanting the oppo to drop (if it exists) doesn't preclude that. Like, waiting for it to drop as the campaign would be a bad play, because maybe it doesn't even exist, but calling for it as a voter isn't so bad.

Paskil

If we manage to regress to OT15 prior to election day, posts in PoliGaf will consist only of one or more repetition of "OPPO."

I don't think it matters what Trump does now, because nothing he does will change the election this close to the actual day. Everything would need to be a Hillary-side fuck up, or something from her side that is so terrible that it scares off her supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom