• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

if you watch CNN right now:

-wikileaks is having a devastating effect on the clinton campaign
-cliniton is struggling to win white working class voters and hence is pretty much losing

-cliniton is struggling to win white working class voters and hence is pretty much losing

I knew I should have signed up for Prime's two-day delivery. I don't know if my rubber sheets will show up on time. Sad!

Pixieking

Banned
So, from a non-US perspective, the next 2 weeks are mostly quiet, right? The debates are gone, so unless there's some grand fuck-up by Hillary, or Trump does some even crazier shit, it's now just ground-game/GOTV. Which, as a non-US citizen, is mostly invisible to me.

Right?

Holmes

I wasn't sent a normal absentee ballot. Had to print out my ballot and use a normal envelope to send it from South Africa. I didn't even know there was a special envelope for it until after the fact. I sent my ballot using the address provided on the absentee form.

I'll see if I can fax it, but last time, my county board fax number was not working, so I was forced to skip the state primary.
Call the Florida board of elections asap on Monday.

So, from a non-US perspective, the next 2 weeks are mostly quiet, right? The debates are gone, so unless there's some grand fuck-up by Hillary, or Trump does some even crazier shit, it's now just ground-game/GOTV. Which, as a non-US citizen, is mostly invisible to me.

Right?

Pretty much.

Unless you enjoy watching polls and rallies there won't be much to catch your attention.

Pixieking

Banned
Pretty much.

Unless you enjoy watching polls and rallies there won't be much to catch your attention.

Meh... I'll keep one eye on Upshot's polls, but I guess I'll just start getting used to staying-up late, getting-up early, in preparation for the day-and-night of the election. :)

Right?

Well, now that we don't have actual events to worry about, everything will revolve around dueling OPPO and tales of this, or that cohort showing up, not showing up, will suburban moms who want to be NASCAR dads respect Clinton's family leave policy? EMAILZ! Locker Room Talk! HORSE RACE! RASSSSSSSSS!

You'll hear about Dixville Notch...or is it Nixon's Ditch? Who knows, but you'll be made to care about their plucky, and politically engaged population of 12. Do you like process? Fuck it, you're gonna LOVE process, from such great political minds as Chuck Todd and Sean Hannity. Speaking of Hannity, has anyone called him? I hear he gets lonely this time of year.

Kill.Us.Now
Do it from space. It's the only way to be sure

The statue of limitations has likely expired on his rape trial for criminal charges so he wouldn't go to jail if evidence for that was revealed.

I don't recall the specifics, but part of that case is arguing that the statute of limitations didn't apply because the victim didn't feel she could come forward.

thebloo

To: CNN

CoTI1M6WAAEB__V.jpg

Dierce

Well at least we now know what the news national CNN poll is going to look like. They like you have polls reflect their own narrative.

fantomena

Just read about the "Paul Ryan Bernie budget comitee senate" case. Now the Bernie or Busters folks have an even better reason to vote Hillary.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

No one is watching CNN right now except you because it's 7:30 on a Saturday.

Have yall considered you have mania

cause yall have mania

No one is watching CNN right now except you because it's 7:30 on a Saturday.

Have yall considered you have mania

cause yall have mania

I watch virtually no cable news.

I just read a thread about it all day.

Oh, and regarding the constant calls for OPPO: people on the thread fill the time. I'll take calls for oppo over bedwetting.

Hamilton references are preferred over both, though. I watched Hamilton's America last night, it was great. Even Paul Ryan.

Pixieking

Banned
Well, now that we don't have actual events to worry about, everything will revolve around dueling OPPO and tales of this, or that cohort showing up, not showing up, will suburban moms who want to be NASCAR dads respect Clinton's family leave policy? EMAILZ! Locker Room Talk! HORSE RACE! RASSSSSSSSS!

You'll hear about Dixville Notch...or is it Nixon's Ditch? Who knows, but you'll be made to care about their plucky, and politically engaged population of 12. Do you like process? Fuck it, you're gonna LOVE process, from such great political minds as Chuck Todd and Sean Hannity. Speaking of Hannity, has anyone called him? I hear he gets lonely this time of year.

Kill.Us.Now
Do it from space. It's the only way to be sure

Fuckkit! There's a reason Civ VI was released just after the last debate. :p

Taniel Verified account
‏@Taniel

Early voting turnout is up by 63.3% in Northern Virginia (over 2012); it's down 0.4% in the rest of the state. http://www.vpap.org/visualizations/early-voting

Y2Kev

Two weeks is a long ass time to have to report "donald trump still losing by 8 points and no candidate has ever come back from that margin"

so instead we go with "NEW "LEAKED" EMAILS REVEAL HILLARY CLINTON AIDE HUMA ABEDIN DOES NOT LIKE AL GORE"

no one cares

#podestaemails16

Grief.exe

🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔CLINTON CAMPAIGN STAFFER DOESN'T LIKE COB SALAD🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔

#PODESTAEMAILS16

Diablos

🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔CLINTON CAMPAIGN STAFFER DOESN'T LIKE COB SALAD🚔🚔🚔🚔🚔

#PODESTAEMAILS16
More oppo now pls

It's too bad VA doesn't have like 10 more EVs but I do wonder after the next census if it will increase to 15 or something

Necrovex

You need to contact your county election supervisor ASAP. You may have to fill out a new ballot, but the feds did us a solid, so hopefully we don't have a replay of 2000

https://www.google.com/amp/s/miamih...ics-government/election/article108735512.html

Call the Florida board of elections asap on Monday.

Truly appreciate the heads up. I'll give them a call when it's Monday morning in the states. Thank god for Google Voice.

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 11m11 minutes ago
While the media swears by "scientific polling," none of them are reporting the most "scientific" (accurate) poll of the last 3 cycles, IBD.

Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 5m5 minutes ago
Folks, let me be clear. IBD, the most accurate pollster of the last 3 elections, has Trump +2 in a sample that has more D's than 2008.

Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 4m4 minutes ago
Hillary will NOT EXCEED Obama's 2008 turnout but Trump will blow out all prior numbers just as he did in the Primaries.

Bill Mitchell ‏@mitchellvii 3m3 minutes ago
Even with the Bernie excitement, Democrats had 7 million FEWER Primary voters than 2008, YET Pollsters are sampling higher 2016 turnout!

Really fucking that chicken.

More oppo now pls

It's too bad VA doesn't have like 10 more EVs but I do wonder after the next census if it will increase to 15 or something

I believe they will. States in the West, along with Texas, Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina are expected to gain more seats and electoral votes, whereas many states in the Midwest and Northeast are expected to lose seats and votes.

In a few decades, Virginia, NC, and Georgia will likely have more points than most of the Midwest and states in the Rust Belt. It'll also make states like Ohio and Pennsylvania less influential in future elections.

Woah Pat Buchanan is still alive and on Smerconish. Had completely forgotten about him. All those years on MSNBC arguing with Matthews, brings me back.

Brinbe

Smerconish not having any of Pat's bullshit.
KuGsj.gif

He's killing him. And Pat doesn't get the fucking point. If they want change, win elections.

Are any of you planning your post-election conversations with your Trump-supporting family members who were or still are 100% certain of a landslide victory for their favorite fascist?

Y2Kev

I took the 9th through 11th off but I didn't take the 8th. I figure the 8th would just crawl if I was home.

HylianTom

Banned
Are any of you planning your post-election conversations with your Trump-supporting family members who were or still are 100% certain of a landslide victory for their favorite fascist?

Right now, the plan is to just smugly smile at Thanksgiving whenever the topic comes up. I warned them wellllll in advance that a Trump gambit was foolish, but most of them are in a GOP bubble where 90% of the people they know are voting Trump, so it's throwing their perception of reality off quite a bit.

The Louisiana poll showing that about 90% of whites in the state are Trump voters.. it reinforces this. Hillary is going to get most of her white votes in this state from New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and a few college towns.. which means that once you leave our cities, the white vote for Trump approaches 100%.

It's pretty easy to see how that GOP bubble forms, but one would think that maybe they would've learned from 2012.. nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom