• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is /r/the_donalds "proof" from wiki leaks that the DNC planned these "fake" scandal in advance. lol what? How does this prove anything? A saecastic joke about trump groping people means that they knew this would happen?

My mind is melting

hrelkndxdirx.jpg

rjinaz

This is /r/the_donalds "proof" from wiki leaks that the DNC planned these "fake" scandal in advance. lol what? How does this prove anything? A saecastic joke about trump groping people means that they knew this would happen?

My mind is melting

They see what they want to see. But honestly, I'd be fine if they sat on this video and were the ones responsible for it coming out. I mean, they are trying to win this thing and keep this monster out of it.

But none of this proves anything was fake lol. keep trying harder The_Donald.

Paul Ryan saying he's a "classical liberal" today while trying to get Trump elected on a platform of Trump imprisoning women that try to limit his political power is really something.

jtb

Banned
If there was a woman that lied, it's going to put in question all of the claims and that's a damn shame.

in a way, the lowest (most effective?) tactic of all would be planting a fake accuser, then having her retract the story. cast chaos and confusion on the whole thing, like the UVA case. would be a very bannon/putin move.

My mind is melting

The Donald are crazy and will attribute a conspiracy to anything.

Why are the DNC creating fake joke craigslist job postings? What a bizarre thing.

rjinaz

Look at the last sentence.

What a brother!

"You are causing us to lose business with Trump supporters! (I find that hard to believe) so I hope you both go jail for coming forward!"

Ah Trump supporters continue to prove to be the worst of people.

rjinaz

in a way, the lowest (most effective?) tactic of all would be planting a fake accuser, then having her retract the story. cast chaos and confusion on the whole thing, like the UVA case. would be a very bannon/putin move.

Maybe so, but I refuse to go The_Donald level of conspiracies.

Edit: Kudos though, I didn't even consider something like that.

Boke1879

These stories aren't going away guys, and more women will no doubt be coming forward. He'll be playing defense on this and host of other things probably right up until election.

And while I think the "uncle tom" thing will end up being nothing. I hope someone asks him about it or I hope he openly references it simply because I know his ass would say something stupid.

btw yall. "Show Up" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p6Y4_6iVts

They could do whatever they want. There is still straight clear tape of Trump saying he sexually assaults women. More women will come forward and there is more "stuff" to come out from the public and from the Clinton camp.

Hearing Freeman never gets old.

rjinaz

Lol some guy just brought that email up on fox news

It's like clockwork

It's a rough situation. Because even if it is true, it doesn't mean this didn't happen. But what it does prove is that this is an opportunistic move when just months ago she was paying him compliments but got upset when he wouldn't help her out.

So yeah, I mean, if this is all true, she needs to be called out on it because there is a bigger scandal here going on.

Paul Ryan saying he's a "classical liberal" today while trying to get Trump elected on a platform of Trump imprisoning women that try to limit his political power is really something.
Paul Ryan is the biggest cuck in washington. All those randian thoughts he held dear, all those conservative values, all the memorization of rightwing bullshit theories, Catholic moral stuff, all of that he gave it away because Trump. But he still wants it both ways. Spineless worm.

newjeruse

Apropos of nothing in particular, Hillary has a really smart staff working for her campaign. That's not entirely self-evident since she's not beating the worst candidate of all-time by 15 or 20 points. But I'm just very impressed with a lot her strategy.

And I so hope that some election post-mortem reveals whose idea it was to drop Alicia Machado's name at the end of the first debate. That really was the beginning of the end for Trump. It was an absolutely brilliant move.

It's a rough situation. Because even if it is true, it doesn't mean this didn't happen. But what it does prove is that this is an opportunistic move when just months ago she was paying him compliments but got upset when he wouldn't help her out.

So yeah, I mean, if this is all true, she needs to be called out on it because there is a bigger scandal here going on.

What in the world are you talking about?

You can still have a working relationship with someone who sexually abused you, lots of women have this.

So, today, fiance, my mom, the kids and I went out for dinner. There were Trump people trying to get people to agree to vote for him out front. My fiance can 100% pass for "straight, white male in his early 30s." Like, without question. I've got a little more lemon in my cocktail, so like, I don't think I could pass for straight. (Maybe? Probably not).

Anyway, what's interesting to see is how other straight, white males always assume that my fiance is one of them, and also that he's also going to agree with racist/sexist shit they spew. These people trying to get him to support Trump completely 100% ignored me and my mom. (My mom mainly because she still carries a Hillary purse. Which, is not something she bought in a store. She just safety pinned a fuck ton of Hillary bumper stickers to a purse....)

Colt told them "Naw, you can't count on my vote. I'm voting Hillary, but, lemme just tell you, you say this shit to my fiance or his mom, I recommend the fetal position."

It's kinda interesting for me to see how the Deplorables really, really only want to find people who they categorize as "one of them."

The only thing I think negatively affects me as a white man is that all of the fucking racists and sexists think I'm part of their damn club. When I worked retail with mostly black coworkers, I'd get customers all the time walking up to me and saying "Man, how do you work around them all day?" and other shit like that. I had one woman come up to me to ask me to check her purchases and her receipt because she "didn't trust those people to ring her up correctly."

Felt good to tell her to piss off. My bosses weren't going to let their staff get shit-talked like that.

The deflection campaign is already working. Despite literally admitting all of this when she made her claim you're acting like she withheld this information and now Trump is going ah-ha!

Totakeke

Just because she may be opportunistic, and really, that neenja woman shows how self-delusioned one can be, means that her claims of sexual assault would be any less true.
What are we saying here? That it's okay as long both sides benefit from it?

We cant judge her situation and nothing is disproven. Who wouldn't want Trump and his free publicity express coming to your restaurant? Regardless, Trump's comments on Sunday's debate might have had an impact on her that changed her. Asking a famous media personality to come visit your business doesn't mean what she said is disproven.

Boke1879

Apropos of nothing in particular, Hillary has a really smart staff working for her campaign. That's not entirely self-evident since she's not beating the worst candidate of all-time by 15 or 20 points. But I'm just very impressed with a lot her strategy.

And I so hope that some election post-mortem reveals whose idea it was to drop Alicia Machado's name at the end of the first debate. That really was the beginning of the end for Trump. It was an absolutely brilliant move.

The first debate murdered Trump. That Machado moment IMO started all of this. After that moment Trump never recovered publicly.

You can still have a working relationship with someone who sexually abused you, lots of women have this.

You are very right unfortunately will the public at large see it that way? I mean you can look at the Roger Ailes situation and have proof of what you're saying.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

The thing is, Machado is small fries compared to what has come out in the past week.

I mean, that's the entire point on why predatory men in powerful positions use their power to sexually assault women who work for them or under them: that it will be business like usual after the act or several acts.

Zukkoyaki

I'd imagine that email defense won't gain any traction out of the Trump camp because she herself admitted she attempted to contact Trump in April... Plus it isn't like there are countless other women who have come forward and likely more in the way. The Trump camp is on perpetual defense.

rjinaz

I'm saying that, in that email, she was paying him compliments."of the same cloth". Besides that, she didn't have a working relationship. She emailed him months ago and wanted him to help her with her business because they worked together in the past.

I'm sorry to say that it looks bad and because of this people are going to assume her intentions are malicious. It sucks but it is what it is. You can disagree with me on that, that's fine. I hope I'm wrong. I still think she's telling the truth mind you.

The deflection campaign is already working. Despite literally admitting all of this when she made her claim you're acting like she withheld this information and now Trump is going ah-ha!

No one in the media is going to care about this. Every journalist sees that Trump is so obviously guilty that he is relying on the witness of a British conman who claimed to traffic children for pedos.

rjinaz

We cant judge her situation and nothing is disproven. Who wouldn't want Trump and his free publicity express coming to your restaurant? Regardless, Trump's comments on Sunday's debate might have had an impact on her that changed her. Asking a famous media personality to come visit your business doesn't mean what she said is disproven.

You are right. When I said "prove" that was a mistake on my part. I was more thinking about in the minds of what some will end up thinking.

I mean, that's the entire point on why predatory men in powerful positions use their power to sexually assault women who work for them or under them: that it will be business like usual after the act or several acts.

I'm not disagreeing with this.

You are right. When I said "prove" that was a mistake on my part. I was more thinking about in the minds of what some will end up thinking.

Those people will never ever leave Trump. They are already defending Trump through thick and thin and you even have one woman who admitted that Trump kissed her but she still support him. These people will just find any excuse to defend Trump.

rjinaz

Those people will never ever leave Trump. They are already defending Trump through thick and thin and you even have one woman who admitted that Trump kissed her but she still support him. These people will just find any excuse to defend Trump.

Right. I guess I was thinking more larger picture where the people that have suddenly changed their minds as apparently evident in polling, will start to trickle back to Trump looking for any confirmation these claims weren't true.

But yeah, he's finished anyway. I'm not even sure why I'm worried or what my larger point is really.

johnsmith

remember me
I was listening to the politico podcast earlier today and they were interviewing someone from planned parenthood on what they were doing this election. PP has better analytics and ground game than the Trump campaign.

master15

Jack Kingston

I have a TON of respect for him. Even though he's still a Trump supporter/advisor, he seemed very genuine. He didn't do any victim blaming and he actually stood up for the accusers. How he became a Trump advisor is beyond me. It was nice to see a human Republican on TV.

Jack Kingston is an ignorant, obtuse nut bag. He's many times defended Trump's awful rhetoric with the same nonsense talking points. His last Maher appearance was painful trying to defend the indefensible.

kevin1025

Banned
I'd imagine that email defense won't gain any traction out of the Trump camp because she herself admitted she attempted to contact Trump in April... Plus it isn't like there are countless other women who have come forward and likely more in the way. The Trump camp is on perpetual defense.

It sort of fits her narrative, that even though he did those things in the bungalow, she still spoke to him after and hoped to get a job. She was trying to move past it, and then saw how many other women had been affected by similar situations.

rjinaz

It sort of fits her narrative, that even though he did those things in the bungalow, she still spoke to him after and hoped to get a job. She was trying to move past it, and then saw how many other women had been affected by similar situations.

I mean I guess you could even reason that in her mind (given what he did to her and that she never said anything) he should help her out. I would feel that way I think.

Jack Kingston

I have a TON of respect for him. Even though he's still a Trump supporter/advisor, he seemed very genuine. He didn't do any victim blaming and he actually stood up for the accusers. How he became a Trump advisor is beyond me. It was nice to see a human Republican on TV.
liberals love heaping praise on garbage people when they do one decent thing lol.

I was listening to the politico podcast earlier today and they were interviewing someone from planned parenthood on what they were doing this election. PP has better analytics and ground game than the Trump campaign.

I would say most people outside of the Trump campaign can do a better job at campaigning at this point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yea, Kingston is usually pretty bad

Same with Navarro when she isn't attacking Trump

Half the time I feel like Navarro is stuck defending shit she doesn't want to, outside of this cycle I mean. I feel like if the party was closer to her we'd be in a better position. At least she knows some things just can't, and shouldn't, be defended. I mean, shit she said she'd go Hillary if Florida is close on the Daily Show last night.

Joeytj

Banned
That email proves she did try to contact Trump in April, something she said in her original statement, but obviously it's not "good" optics that she was trying to get Trump to come to the restaurant for publicity.

It doesn't disprove her story of course, but again, it just shows how much Trump actually gives a damn about victims of sexual abuse.

And yeah, it's not like they will be the only ones.

Joeytj

Banned
Look at the last sentence.

JFC. Has the world gone mad?

EDIT:

LOL, is that really something Trump supporters are passing around as real? Not as a joke? Love the Lawrence Sinclair (why would the Clinton Foundation pay them for something?) and Tony Rezko references. That shit is old school Obama smears.

Now that I think about it, there were about the same amount of rancid smears against Obama but they got way less traction in mainstream media and amongst voters because social media was still in its infancy. Now, every single conspiracy gets coverage on people's walls. Ugh, Zuckerberg, bring curated trends back, the hell with the whiners.

That email proves she did try to contact Trump in April, something she said in her original statement, but obviously it's not "good" optics that she was trying to get Trump to come to the restaurant for publicity.

It doesn't disprove her story of course, but again, it just shows how much Trump actually gives a damn about victims of sexual abuse.

One (Or two?) of the Jian Gomeshi accusers in Canada had her credibility destroyed in the trial after e-mails were revealed showing she kept sending provocative e-mails to him after he allegedly sexually assaulted her........but that doesn't mean the assault never happened

Giving 1/3 of a million dollars to the six (6) people in the New Black Panther Party is such a waste of funds, can't believe Hillary is running such a terrible campaign, smh.

rjinaz

Half the time I feel like Navarro is stuck defending shit she doesn't want to, outside of this cycle I mean. I feel like if the party was closer to her we'd be in a better position. At least she knows some things just can't, and shouldn't, be defended. I mean, shit she said she'd go Hillary if Florida is close on the Daily Show last night.

I feel like she would be a hypocrite if she didn't. Slinging all those things at Trump supporters but not doing what she can to stop Trump.

This is what I should have said instead of what I did say at first, because it's more what I was thinking. It's bad optics and may cast doubt on all the claims by those looking to cast doubt.

Of course it happened though. Donald Trump said he does these things himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom