• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Banned
This is two weeks old, but I just found it and laughed my ass off:

2c5rRjF.png

Clinton's presidency is pretty much a done deal at this point, absent some major catastrophe that can be laid solely at the Democrats' feet and one that voters would better trust Trump to take care of (what would this even be?)

And actually even then maybe not because of how significant early voting has been this year. Hillary already has plenty of votes baked in.

Let's be honest, the Presidency was a done deal the moment Trump won the nomination.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ok, this cracked me up:

Don Lemon: I want to get Corey's side of this.

Corey Lewandowski: Just two important things...

Don: You know what, we'll get you in the next spot. We'll be right back

Let's be honest, the Presidency was a done deal the moment Trump won the nomination.
I agree that Hillary has always been the favorite (I'd never say there was a point where she wasn't), but there were moments of uncertainty. And the further out from an election you are, the less you can account for black swan events ruining everything.

But yes, in hindsight this is absolutely true. Trump is a disaster as a candidate. Setting aside his views and personal scandals, you still have to deal with him not doing any debate prep whatsoever, completely ceding the airwaves to Clinton and not setting up any GOTV efforts. Just total clown shoes for a campaign.

I agree that Hillary has always been the favorite (I'd never say there was a point where she wasn't), but there were moments of uncertainty. And the further out from an election you are, the less you can account for black swan events ruining everything.

The uncertainty was over how big Hillary's win would be, she was never seriously threatened and the polling has had her consistently ahead the entire time.

But yes, in hindsight this is absolutely true. Trump is a disaster as a candidate. Setting aside his views and personal scandals, you still have to deal with him not doing any debate prep whatsoever, completely ceding the airwaves to Clinton and not setting up any GOTV efforts. Just total clown shoes for a campaign.
No hindsight required, we knew this would be the case last Winter.

Debirudog

they were...moments of barking up how inept the Clinton campaign was. How she disappeared and didn't show up in August. Race tightening and shit.

Slayven

william_stryker.png

August was stressful as fuck

Newsflash. The media covers Trump more because nearly everytime he opens his mouth he says something that would have sunk any other presidential candidate.
Hot take: "sunk any other presidential candidate" is a misnomer because Trump is already sunk. He's polling at like 38. There's not much lower he can go in a general election.

Hot take: "sunk any other presidential candidate" is a misnomer because Trump is already sunk. He's polling at like 38. There's not much lower he can go in a general election.

I know but these fools "believe" he is not sunk, and wonder why they are talking about these things.

I hope Hillary wins a landslide victory and the Republican Party is left in ruins. Maybe a legitimate third party could rise out of this.

Boke1879

This is going to be the longest 2 weeks ever. The deplorables are just going to be even more irritating as we get closer.

It's going to be long because barring any other tapes or scandals it's just going to be boring as fuck.

I promise you the hype in these threads will be about polls and early voting numbers and percentages

Link

The Autumn Wind
CNN needs to send a Trump surrogate down a trap door Varuca Salt-style each time a state is called for Clinton on election night.

It's going to be long because barring any other tapes or scandals it's just going to be boring as fuck.

I promise you the hype in these threads will be about polls and early voting numbers and percentages
December will be about TPP and Garland and Adam's search for inauguration tickets.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
CNN needs to send a Trump surrogate down a trap door Varuca Salt-style each time a state is called for Clinton on election night.

My personal drinking game is a shot every time a state is called for Clinton and a beer for every Trump state.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Not that it's going to help Trump any since he's a moron, but this Obamacare news could hurt downballot races.

CNN has become unwatchable, specifically after the Access Hollywood tapes came out.

Nothing can be salvaged from those conversations...

Is it just me or do I remember the 2008 election version of CNN being a lot calmer. Like they would go to the liberals and they would say their piece go to the conservatives and they would say their piece, have a little discussion and be done with the segment? I remember when I used to actually agree with Republican surrogates at certain points.

Also I'm getting wasted that night. I don't care if I have clinic the next day. The gay bars are going to be amazing.

Revolver

I was happy to see Charles Blow call out Corey for working for Trump AND CNN and telling him he doesn't know what he's supposed to be. I've never seen him go off like that.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/p...s-clinton-adding-lead-over-trump-nevada?test=

NV
Queen-48
Trump-41
Johnson-6

Trump’s favorability has taken a hit, too. Thirty-eight percent of surveyed voters had a very or somewhat favorable opinion of Trump, down from 42 percent in September. Meanwhile, 59 percent had a somewhat or very unfavorable opinion of Trump, an increase from 56 percent in September.

Clinton’s favorability ratings have trended upward. Fifty percent of voters had a very or somewhat favorable opinion of Clinton, up from 48 percent in September. Forty-eight percent had a somewhat or very unfavorable opinion, a decrease from 51 percent in September.

FL
Queen-44
Trump-41
Johnson-4
Wifi-1

Rubio +5

https://t.co/DiCON824Co

Hot take: Hillary's favorables are improving because people think she is going to win, and people like a winner.

Debirudog

I wonder if Debate 3 had something to do with Hillary's favorables. Samantha Bee mentioned how Hillary slid her "mask" and became really compassionate when Trump bullshitted about ripping babies from the womb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom