• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

By all that is space and the infinite cosmos I will do my part to make NC blue

Well, if all else fails...
INHGaur.jpg

mclem

I was poking around 538's updates and found Gravis' latest national poll!!

Clinton - 50
Trump - 50

... Registered voters.

I don't want to be that guy but I almost want to say they completely made this one up :p

"I can't be arsed doing this poll. What about you?"
"Nah, not really"
"Tell you what, here's an idea. I'm a registered voter, you?"
"Yep"
"Okay, I think you see where this is going. 'I'm voting for Clinton'."
"Uh... oh! Yes, I get it. 'I'm voting for Trump'"
"Job done. Pub?"
"Pub."

mclem

Was Newt telling the truth about the early vote numbers in that Megyn Kelly video?

The Republican standby of "true, but not honest". Republicans are ahead in early voting in Florida, yes - but they're nowhere near as much ahead as they have been in previous years, it's very nearly neck-and-neck; Obama carried Florida in 2008 and 2012 and had a much lower proportion of the early vote at this stage than Clinton does.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The Republican standby of "true, but not honest". Republicans are ahead in early voting in Florida, yes - but they're nowhere near as much ahead as they have been in previous years, it's very nearly neck-and-neck; Obama carried Florida in 2008 and 2012 and had a much lower proportion of the early vote at this stage than Clinton does.

And Pennsylvania?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Clinton gets 51 percent of the Sunshine State’s Hispanic vote and 49 percent of those under age 35 in the two-way contest,

Isn't this low for hispanic vote (and millennial vote), even in Florida?

Isn't this low for hispanic vote (and millennial vote), even in Florida?

The final Des Moines Register poll was just released, showing Donald Trump leading the Republican field in Iowa with 28 percent, Ted Cruz with 23 percent and Marco Rubio with 15 percent. Hillary Clinton was ahead of Bernie Sanders, 45 percent to 42 percent, on the Democratic side. The political world — us included — was eagerly awaiting this survey, as Ann Selzer, who has conducted the Register’s polls since the 1988 caucuses, has a very good track record.

Chumly

what happens if you cast your vote early, and then die before the actual election day?

does your vote get counted?
Yes and post election there will be some republican governor or Secretary of State launching an investigation into why a thousand dead people voted. A year from now there will be a 5 sentence blurb in the smallest newspaper that says 999 of those dead people voted validally but we found one fucker who cheated the system

FL Senate poll:

SurveyUSA ‏@surveyusa 22m22 minutes ago
Florida, @surveyusa for @BN9 and @MyNews13:

Rubio 45
Murphy 41
Man if we just whiff this one I'll be so mad.

It would be one thing if Rubio were consistently up double digits but to quote an earlier article how stupid is it going to look if Rubio wins by 80,000 votes and the DSCC didn't spend a cent?

sazzy

Nicolle Wallace talking about Arizona, "He doesn't have any field offices, but look how close it is"

Hey Nicolle, IT'S ARIZONA!!

The first 30 minutes today were basically:

If Donald wins every state he's supposed to, and every state he's close in, and every state he's within margin of error in, he can get to 266! And then all he has to do is win New Hamphshire and he can win this thing!

Where does she get these numbers!?

She has the Hispanic vote over 4% down from 2012.
She has the over 65 vote at 31% of the electorate, up 7 points from 2012.
She has us with only a 2 point party advantage
She has Trump getting 10% of the African American vote, and 36% of the Hispanic vote.

How do you do these things?

Watching the Gingrich Kelley showdown from last night, one thing became clear to me...

The Newts must really think Trump still has a good chance, because really it's all or nothing for them to continue defending Trump.

When he, and his ideas, are soundly defeated, they will have their support of Trump around their necks for the rest of time. Maybe they will be able to continue to be politically relevant, but it will never, for the rest of their career, not be something working against them and hurting them.

Where does she get these numbers!?

She has the Hispanic vote over 4% down from 2012.
She has the over 65 vote at 31% of the electorate, up 7 points from 2012.
She has us with only a 2 point party advantage
She has Trump getting 10% of the African American vote, and 36% of the Hispanic vote.

How do you do these things?
I feel the broadest problem with the mainstream media (and this extends to many pollsters) is they take 2004 as the "normal" of American politics, where Republicans are the reasonable, serious party compared to the liberal weenie Democrats who always trip on their own feet. There's always something to rationalize a Democratic win as an aberration - Obama won in 08 because Bush screwed the pooch royally. Clinton's victory will be strongly portrayed as Democrats lucking out with Trump as the nominee.

2012 tried to be pigeonholed into this and the media seemed to be bracing for a Romney win (back to "normal") but Obama won anyway and fairly comfortably. There's not really an obvious explanation there that the media wants to admit to, only that an increasingly extremist GOP and a rising minority electorate will produce easy Democratic wins. But that completely turns things upside down.

lyrick

Damnit.

Kellyanne Conway has infected my Today Show.

Trying to equate Hillary's Debate prep to Trump taking a day off to advertise real estate.

Savanah asking why Trump talks about a rigged system instead of telling Trump followers to get out and vote.

sazzy

Damnit.

Kellyanne Conway has infected my Today Show.

Trying to equate Hillary's Debate prep to Trump taking a day off to advertise real estate.

on twitter she's saying hillary went to adele's concert and no one freaked out about that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom