• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

So Podesta composed an email called "Needy Latinos and 1 easy call." Yikes. I'm reading it now. It has Bill Richardson's phone number!

So Podesta composed an email called "Needy Latinos and 1 easy call." Yikes. I'm reading it now. It has Bill Richardson's phone number!

At this point Podesta could compose a 5 movie series called "Fantastic Needy Latinos and where to find them" and it would make zero difference in hispanic turnout for the Don.

Diablos

Outside of the title, it's a super normal mail.
Yes but the subject's choice of words is very poor. We live in a headline world

Fuck Wikileaks and Assange. I wish someone would just bust through his balcony window and scoop up the little fucker already.

Could you imagine the Trump campaign emails?

It's so embarrassing that the press are digging through Clinton's Russian hacked emails. Really unfair to the Clinton campaign and the media is just playing along as if there is no problem here. Trump likes to complain that Clinton gets special treatment but in my view she is severely disadvantaged due to crap like this which is outside her control. All of Trump's problems are self-inflicted.

And this is just encouraging hacking and theft in the future. Just irresponsible.

Just to be clear:

The only reason the election is rigged is because he is losing. Bigly. Not for any other reason. What a giant, orange man-child. If one of the boys acted like this, they'd be in time-out. Actually, when we were watching Drag Race and one of the queens acted like this, the 5 year old went on a lecture about how that's not being a good sport. So, I'm pretty sure the boys aren't this immature.

Also, I would give my left arm to see Trump's internals. I mean, assuming they have something other than the LA Times poll, of course. The beautiful and talented Kellyanne Conway knows polling...or she did, before she jumped into the basket. So, who knows....but, I'd still love to know what they're modeling.

I assume it's in crayon.

Grief.exe

Campaigns will use WhatsApp in the future.

If they break into the phone, where they are stored unencrypted, then the result is the same.

Just to be clear:

The only reason the election is rigged is because he is losing. Bigly. Not for any other reason. What a giant, orange man-child. If one of the boys acted like this, they'd be in time-out. Actually, when we were watching Drag Race and one of the queens acted like this, the 5 year old went on a lecture about how that's not being a good sport. So, I'm pretty sure the boys aren't this immature.

Also, I would give my left arm to see Trump's internals. I mean, assuming they have something other than the LA Times poll, of course. The beautiful and talented Kellyanne Conway knows polling...or she did, before she jumped into the basket. So, who knows....but, I'd still love to know what they're modeling.

I assume it's in crayon.

Kellyanne is not even involved with the campaign at this point, this is Donald and Steve Bannon all the way to the finish line.

Makai

Obama - "You can't wait until that finally happens and then say... that's enough. And think that somehow you are showing any kind of leadership and deserve to be elected to the United States Senate. You don't get points for that."

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow only like half a page overnight. Clinton is going to lose unless she drops an OPPO BOMB that she might not have RIGHT NOW

I'm surprised we aren't talking more about the Summer Zervos email praising Donald and asking him to come to her restaurant. Obviously the existence of this letter has nothing to do with whether or not he sexually assaulted her, but it definitely reduces the impact of the accusation and portrays Summer as opportunistic.

Then again, maybe that's all there is to say about it.

Bowdz

I'm surprised we aren't talking more about the Summer Zervos email praising Donald and asking him to come to her restaurant. Obviously the existence of this letter has nothing to do with whether or not he sexually assaulted her, but it definitely reduces the impact of the accusation and portrays Summer as opportunistic.

We talked about it last night bro. You gotta keep up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I think it's not uncommon that victims of abuse remain trapped in the power dynamic that leaves them infatuated with or seeking attention from their abusers. But I also don't think it's like yay~

KingK

Obama - "You can't wait until that finally happens and then say... that's enough. And think that somehow you are showing any kind of leadership and deserve to be elected to the United States Senate. You don't get points for that."
Why do I feel like Obama has criticized the GOP more in his limited campaign appearances than Hillary has the entire fucking election?

I really hate her campaign strategy of coddling congressional republicans and distancing them from Trump. I think it's gonna contribute to costing us the Senate.

Even with all the crap flying out of Trump's mouth, i've been enthralled with the dick-wagging coming from Russia and the US over the hacking. We've got Lavrov calling American politicians pussies, not so subtle sabre-rattling over nuke war games, and now the 2x4 upside the head from Obama about our intent to retaliate.

Putting on my 'go-deeper' head-gear leads me to one inescapable conclusion: the US hacked/stole something very important to Putin or one of his inner-circle, and they're freaking the fuck out about it. The fact that US intelligence would embarrass the Russians w/ announcing they "intend" to do something, is to rub their nose in something. The announcement also serves as internal propaganda to show Americans and our allies' citizens we have retaliatory power. But to me, this mainly serves to highlight that Putin and his 400lb hackers aren't unnoticed, and that they need to be less overt in their fuckery, lest we drop a bucket of our own purloined info to make Putin, or his close allies squirm.

Cyanity

Banned

As a victim of sexual abuse for years, who worked with my abuser and said all sorts of nice things about them all while retaining a seething inner hatred of said person, it really bothers me that people would be so quick to throw out a sexual assault allegation on the basis of "She said something nice about her abuser AFTER the abuse happened! Illuminati confirmed!!!"

edit - and I understand why you brought it up though.

Why do I feel like Obama has criticized the GOP more in his limited campaign appearances than Hillary has the entire fucking election?

I really hate her campaign strategy of coddling congressional republicans and distancing them from Trump. I think it's gonna contribute to costing us the Senate.

Hillary's goal has pretty clearly been to work with Republican leadership after getting into office. She doesn't want another 8 years of stalemate. Insulting them doesn't do her any good.

Boke1879

She can't go as hard on Obama on this as she may want to. Obama has the luxury of having a high approval rating. She doesn't. I can promise you the minute she goes after the GOP like Obama did that would result in a negative cycle for her and the GOP at large would attack her thus taking the spotlight off Trump.

ampere

His continuous cries of 'rigged' elections is making me furious. He undermines our democracy even as a losing candidate

Ugh. Hope dude gets slammed in an investigation of his foundation or Trump U

thebloo

She said she had contacted him in her statement last night.

Watch her full statement. She's really rattled.

SexyFish

Banned
Cuz_6TFXgAEIvns.jpg:large

Fucking deplorables.

Like it or not, she's going to have to pull some tertiary support from GOP in marginal/purple districts to get anything in her agenda done. Even the expected SCOTUS noms will require major charm offensives in the Senate, because I have very little trust in Schumer nuking the Filibuster in the Congress' next term.

Surrogates are the vicious attack dogs. This may seem anachronistic and naive, but these institutions really do work on stroking eachothers' (ahem) egos.

IMO, there are relatively small groups of not-entirely bat-guano GOP crazies who just want tax-cuts and roads named after themselves, which can be cajoled into working with Dems, at least for certain goals. But, the seemingly passive tone is not what any partisan wants in a campaign, especially after 8 years of the near-total intransigence Obama was afforded.

I'm not so worried about the election results by this point, but I'm deeply concerned about the rhetoric Trump's throwing out. I can see a horrible situation when he loses.

Pixieking

Banned
So, how likely is it that some of these people (including Trump) are contacted regarding seditious or treasonous talk? When Joe Numbnuts talks about a coup against a democratically elected government, that's surely treason, right? And when Trump eggs on such talk, it's sedition. Neither of which, I thought, the federal authorities would look kindly on?

royalan

She can't go as hard on Obama on this as she may want to. Obama has the luxury of having a high approval rating. She doesn't. I can promise you the minute she goes after the GOP like Obama did that would result in a negative cycle for her and the GOP at large would attack her thus taking the spotlight off Trump.

I disagree.

Watch the early primary debates, Hillary was lobbing massive bombs at the entire GOP over Trump.

The strategy didn't change until it became clear that Trump wouldn't be able to pivot and the campaign thought they could win over soft Republicans.

It's the only disappointing thing about the the Clinton strategy to me at this point, because it suggests that not even Hillary fully sees how polarized our country has become.

ampere

I'm not so worried about the election results by this point, but I'm deeply concerned about the rhetoric Trump's throwing out. I can see a horrible situation when he loses.

Not to mention how many people have guns : /. It's terrifying

It's the only disappointing thing about the the Clinton strategy to me at this point, because it suggests that not even Hillary fully sees how polarized our country has become.

I think she gets it, her deplorables comment indicated that she knows a lot of his supporters are a complete lost cause, but she may have been winning over some folks. Wonder what their internals suggest

Cyanity

Banned
So, how likely is it that some of these people (including Trump) are contacted regarding seditious or treasonous talk? When Joe Numbnuts talks about a coup against a democratically elected government, that's surely treason, right? And when Trump eggs on such talk, it's sedition. Neither of which, I thought, the federal authorities would look kindly on?

Which do you think would be more likely to incite riots from Trump's base:

Trump losing fair and square on November 8th
or
Trump being charged with treason and dragged out of the race before it's over?

It's not treason nor sedition and this is not an organized group of people.

She is winning over formerly Republican-won blocks, namely white married women and white college educated.

So, strategy huge succeed.

She doesn't need to appease the dumb hipster millennial. They don't vote anyway.

rjinaz

Yeah, I don't see anything on happening on a large scale. But a handful of lunatics wanting to do something? I can see that easily happening.

I'm surprised some lunatics haven't killed somebody in his name yet. I have watched his speeches lately, he is not hiding that he is trying to incite a mob. I do fear what will happen after the election.

Totakeke

Unless Hillary has a clear strategy to influence the down ticket races there's really no reason for her to rock the boat. She doesn't want to do something that would change the current course that we're in. Her destroying Trump woukd be something we all want to see but if it doesn't affect the races then why do something potentially risky?

Yeah, I don't see anything on happening on a large scale. But a handful of lunatics wanting to do something? I can see that easily happening.

Group Psychology is at work here. I can guarantee many of these armchair warrior shrimp-dicks are getting a release they're not afforded at home/work. This is their equivalent of Burning Man. Most will stuff their rage and feelings of impotence deep down. It will unfortunately explode on their close relationships, and I fear for the safety of children and pets in their vicinity, but an organized, violent response is VERY unlikely. Perhaps many of these 'revolutionaries' don't realize it, but half of the accounts they're circle-jerking with are FBI. The assholes in Kansas are proof of that.

Fucking deplorables.

I'm afraid letting the rigged rhetoric and the lock her up chants go unchallenged will be the worst thing the GOP has done this cycle. I just want to vote and disconnect from the news for awhile. The damage Trump has done to this country is worse than 99.99% of the criminals in prison and all due to his fragile little ego.

rjinaz

LA Times guy on CNN describing their polling method. It's basically based on "passion".

I think the problem here is, while they got it right in 2012, this is an entirely different kind of election and they are going to come out looking poorly here. I don't think there are many Trump supporters not passionate. I think there are many more Clinton supporters less enthusiastic but I don't think they are less likely to vote, because of Trump.

As of today they have Trump ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom