• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaniel

Banned
Oh I was talking about a Trump tweet from this morning. I figured it would've already been posted here, but guess not!

I know that the left/Daily Kos crowd was huge on the rigged voting machine conspiracy back in 2004, and I'm sure that there were people online insisting that there was widespread voting machine fraud in the subsequent elections, but I don't ever recall the candidate himself crying 'CONSPIRACY!', especially in states that normally lean far, far right.

Anyone seen this yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3OkhF_VNj0&feature=youtu.be&t=1636

Not sure if it's an old story that the reporter is talking about, or something with new information. I searched and everything that came up was Clinton Foundation related. This appears to be more in line with campaign contributions. Kirby's answer makes sense, about the process still being rigorous and involving more people than Clinton. The timing of the lobbyist-contractor relationship still looks bad for Clinton.

I am in no way saying that this will impact the election in any way, just wondering if anybody in this thread has a different take on this, or if it's an old story that I just didn't manage to find.

dramatis

In the NYT Run-Up's part 2 of Trump's interview videos, they talk a story about how Trump constantly sent flowers to Princess Diana, to the point where she had to ask someone what to do with the flowers from "the crazy guy".

There are no limits to who you try to "go after like a bitch", I guess.

I know that the left/Daily Kos crowd was huge on the rigged voting machine conspiracy back in 2004, and I'm sure that there were people online insisting that there was widespread voting machine fraud in the subsequent elections, but I don't ever recall the candidate himself crying 'CONSPIRACY!', especially in states that normally lean far, far right.

In fairness, the CEO of Diebold did say he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year." If they are the only people delivering the machines, it seems easy to make the leap to rigged voting in Ohio where the vote was crucial.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I heard Chuck Schumer likes putting ketchup on well done steaks.

No, but he does water down his OJ so it's not as acidic. You can see him do that, and get other diner tips, in the interview he did on the Iran deal with MSNBC. I still can't believe they were dumb enough to take that man to a diner.

For what it is worth he was behind the recruiting and fundraising that led to a lot of wins in 2006 and 2008.

Chuck knows how to win as a party. That's most of his upside, because plenty of elected Dems in the DSCC/DCCC history didn't even get the basics of winning.

In everything else he's kind of meh.

He gets that all issues are local and you need to be a good fit for the seat you want to hold or capture.

NeoXChaos

Nick RiccardiVerified account
‏@NickRiccardi
New Colorado early ballot numbers. 224,914 Ds; 196,082 Rs; 143,866 UAFs #copolitics

Nick Riccardi ‏@NickRiccardi 29m29 minutes ago
Nick Riccardi Retweeted Nick Riccardi
Finally: You'd expect Rs to catch up. Ds normally outperform Rs on Election Day in CO. GOP'd better close the gap or have boffo 11/8 turnout

Question about the whole Ds doing better on election day.

During the primaries, Sanders typically did better on election day, due to early voting/voting by mail operation that Hillary had and because she was a classic Dem. Is it just different in the GE?

mclem

latest circle jerk on r/donald is that the amish are voting for donald, and they aren't included in the polls because they don't use telephones/internet/cell phones, hence donald wins!!!
I don't know much about the Amish, but it strikes me that they'd react even worse to Pussygate than women.

Actually, that does send me down a mental path I've not followed before - how do the Amish community inform themselves about everything relating to an election? I assume newspapers are permitted?

In the NYT Run-Up's part 2 of Trump's interview videos, they talk a story about how Trump constantly sent flowers to Princess Diana, to the point where she had to ask someone what to do with the flowers from "the crazy guy".

There are no limits to who you try to "go after like a bitch", I guess.

When I first saw the Access Hollywood tape, I was unclear what he meant by that exactly. Now that we know more about how he... goes after... women, it makes perfect sense.

shiba5

My mom just came back from early voting in Maryland and said the lines were really long. Said she'd never seen anything like it. We're in the bluest of the blue so Dems are turning out.

Maledict

Regarding Ohio, I only recently read the Christopher Hutchins piece that made me question what I thought (that people complaining were left wing nuts).

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2005/03/hitchens200503

Assuming the numbers he refers to are correct, there were a number of extremely weird things going on in Ohio's voting numbers on the evening. They might be all completely fine (like the Philadelphia districts not voting for Romney) but on the surface of it something looks rotten in Denmark.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Actually, that does send me down a mental path I've not followed before - how do the Amish community inform themselves about everything relating to an election? I assume newspapers are permitted?

The Amish don't vote. At all. It's just not something they do.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Redistricting won't happen till 2021-2022 they'll all have to win reelection and van ostern has to win twice NH is 2 years and has an Executive council which limits power and I believe is GOP held

I was thinking incumbency bonus, although that said I had no idea NH is 2 years. That's terrible, why would you ever make terms for an executive position that short?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
No, but he does water down his OJ so it's not as acidic. You can see him do that, and get other diner tips, in the interview he did on the Iran deal with MSNBC. I still can't believe they were dumb enough to take that man to a diner.

He gets that all issues are local and you need to be a good fit for the seat you want to hold or capture.

Bingo. Too many times people want xyz candidate that looks like they could be a national contender or progressive bastion of awesomeness; except they then run in a state where that's not what the people want. Someone like Kander in MO is how you win elections.

dramatis

When I first saw the Access Hollywood tape, I was unclear what he meant by that exactly. Now that we know more about how he... goes after... women, it makes perfect sense.
The funny thing about the Trump interviews is that the guy who did the interview, D'Antonio, thinks that Trump seems to use movies and tv and media as a template for how to approach relations with women.

Which is an incredibly bad idea.

Also, I didn't know this before, but apparently Paul Manafort had been living in Trump Tower since 2006. He's on floor 43.

Blader

Maybe Schumer thinks he has to run up his victory margins to give him a more commanding mandate as majority leader? I don't know.

shiba5

These comments from Republicans about more obstruction if they keep Congress show that they will learn absolutely nothing from this election. I fully expect them to embrace Breitbart as the only unbiased media outlet and nominate an open white supremacist in 4 years.

Will Jordan ‏@williamjordann 11m11 minutes ago
Will Jordan Retweeted YouGovUS
New YouGov/Economist (national) among likely voters

Clinton 46
Trump 41
Johnson 4
Stein 2

Rassssss

Both major party candidates are creeping up in the closing weeks of the presidential campaign, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports White House Watch.

The new national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters still finds Democrat Hillary Clinton with a one-point lead over Republican Donald Trump – 45% to 44%. Libertarian Gary Johnson remains at a low of four percent (4%), and Green Party nominee Jill Stein earns just one percent (1%) of the vote. Two percent (2%) like some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Yesterday, it was Clinton 44%, Trump 43%. Clinton started the week down by two points to Trump but edged ahead on Tuesday. Given the survey’s +/- 2.5% margin of error, however, the race remains anyone’s call.

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 21m21 minutes ago
GOP Senate strategist on Roy Blunt's precarious fate in MO: "1% race. think he wins"

RAZOR THIN

kadotsu

Banned
These comments from Republicans about more obstruction if they keep Congress show that they will learn absolutely nothing from this election. I fully expect them to embrace Breitbart as the only unbiased media outlet and nominate an open white supremacist in 4 years.

They can do what they want as long as the dem base don't realize there is more than the GE.

YlcsNJg.png

Iolo

He has spent nearly $6m from the dscc coffers running his reelection ads in the expensive NY market. A race he's winning by 30+ points. And he's not sending any funds from the coffers to Patrick Murphy's bid.

Glad I have been ignoring all DSCC demands for money then.

lyrick

NPR ran that piece on Trump putting up Billboards in Amish country and a dozen Amish appearing at Trump Rallies.

That report did say that they do read print newspapers, and do tend to vote R anyway due to government intervention attitudes.

Maybe Schumer thinks he has to run up his victory margins to give him a more commanding mandate as majority leader? I don't know.

I think he also wants to be a power broker in NY state between the many democratic factions. Put his stamp on NY as much as Cuomo.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Putin wants to divide the USA and create doubt on the democratic process. He is achieving just that with his puppet orange turd.

Yep, and the vast majority of elected Republicans are not fighting back against the rigged claims.

He has spent nearly $6m from the dscc coffers running his reelection ads in the expensive NY market. A race he's winning by 30+ points. And he's not sending any funds from the coffers to Patrick Murphy's bid.

Got a link for that because I think you are mis-reading the story. Schumer has given $6M to the DSCC. Some people think he should give more but I haven't seen anything to suggest that the DSCC is doing buys in NY.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/chuck-schumer-senate-democrats-228384

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom