• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Goddamn, CNN is going hard on the race tightening narrative today. Everyone glosses over the fact that their own fucking map has Clinton at 272 with their own lean/safe states and dives right into "Well, Trump's nipping at her heels and he could really put this thing away" diatribes. I expect this sort of behavior from the surrogates, but hearing it from Bergen is just sad.

Honestly I'd say this is a good thing. Pushes potential Clinton undecideds aka Bernie or Busters who are waning, NeverTrumpers and everyone in between to actually show up at the polls. Also gives Clinton supporters an extra push.

Actually Dems should push redistricting anytime they flip a state House/Senate. TX did it mid term. Nothing against it and the courts also do it.

Just don't do reverse gerrymander make it fair

Goddamn, CNN is going hard on the race tightening narrative today. Everyone glosses over the fact that their own fucking map has Clinton at 272 with their own lean/safe states and dives right into "Well, Trump's nipping at her heels and he could really put this thing away" diatribes. I expect this sort of behavior from the surrogates, but hearing it from Bergen is just sad.

At least they are making it entertaining. Coverage was getting stale.

Or, it actually is tightening up, which I thought would happen, really. The last debate being 3 weeks from election day I always thought would hurt Hillary, because she goes off into hiding and people don't see her, which has a tone in the air. Probably not enough to swing it, but it does effect a little.

Though, I wouldn't doubt they have something that will get out next week that will ramp up the hate on trump even more.

shiba5

And the first thing I see on Facebook is this dumb shit:

We're seeing more and more 1st hand reports and video on FB of electronic voting machines defaulting to the Democrat Candidate after the Republican Candidate was selected in early voting states. Here's one reason why this might be happening:
In 2010, Dominion Voting Machines (Canada) bought the rights to own voting machines in 22 different states. This company is also a big-time donor to the Clinton Foundation. Around the same time Hillary was set to retire as Secretary of State to focus on her campaign, this company purchased around half the voting machines in this country. But that’s not all. One of the owners of Dominion Voting is George Soros.
Avoid casting your one and only vote for the opposition by requesting a PAPER BALLOT! It is the law that all precincts/polls must honor your request.

Bowdz

Man, Trent Frank is borderline incoherent. It's becoming a theme with the Freedom Caucus crew that they assume everyone knows all of the most recent details about various scandals while they proceed to just drop keywords.

It's pretty amazing seeing a presidential candidate of a major party tweeting about the dumb "machine changing votes" posts you always see on Facebook around election time. Even more amazing that he's saying Texas or all states is rigging the election for Hillary.

We're seeing more and more 1st hand reports and video on FB of electronic voting machines defaulting to the Democrat Candidate after the Republican Candidate was selected in early voting states. Here's one reason why this might be happening:
In 2010, Dominion Voting Machines (Canada) bought the rights to own voting machines in 22 different states. This company is also a big-time donor to the Clinton Foundation. Around the same time Hillary was set to retire as Secretary of State to focus on her campaign, this company purchased around half the voting machines in this country. But that’s not all. One of the owners of Dominion Voting is George Soros.
Avoid casting your one and only vote for the opposition by requesting a PAPER BALLOT! It is the law that all precincts/polls must honor your request.

Caught wind of this yesterday. Has anyone actually seen this happen? I've seen a bunch of online posts about it and it's always "My relative's friend's relative's acquaintance".

This is literally mirror-world Diebold/2004 hahahahahaha

shiba5

It's pretty amazing seeing a presidential candidate of a major party tweeting about the dumb "machine changing votes" posts you always see on Facebook around election time. Even more amazing that he's saying Texas or all states is rigging the election for Hillary.

The person who posted that one is in Virginia. She can ask for all the paper ballots she wants and it still won't turn VA red. She's actually a good friend, but she's a Tea Partier so no sense in arguing with her at all. I just never talk politics with her.

Yes to clarify for those too young (ugh)to remember the 2004 election, DailyKos etc were rife with posts about Bush-connected Diebold voting machines flipping votes from D to R.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
But he doesn't. Looking at what his forecast was predicting on 27th Oct 2012, he had it as Obama 73.6%, Romney 26.4%. So, he has Clinton about 11 percentage points more likely to win than Obama at the same stage. That seems pretty fair to me.

Shhh...they can't hate Nate if they pay attention to facts like that. :p

Geg

I remember some story I think it was in 2012 about votes being changed from Obama to Romney. I guess in years when the election is relatively close everyone does it lol

shiba5

Yes to clarify for those too young (ugh)to remember the 2004 election, DailyKos etc were rife with posts about Bush-connected Diebold voting machines flipping votes from D to R.

I remember it was stupid then too.
I feel like that Facebook post needed a diagram done in MS Paint to truly shine.

I remember Kerry -> Bush vote changes in 2004.

The losers always make these excuses before they lose

Playing along with that kind of game is so unfathomably irresponsible, especially as a presidential candidate. Voting fraud is super serious, and some people may very well become violent if they actually believe it's going on.

johnny956

This happens every 4 years to whatever party thinks they're going to lose, so they start making excuses.

Yup I remember during the democrat primary election where a Sanders vote would select Clinton. It's just terrible calibration on the touchscreens which honestly shouldn't be happening either but that's on the state

shiba5

Imagine if one day we all use the microchips implanted inside us to cast our vote... and the long dead hand of George Soros forces your hand away from Trump Jr and over to Chelsea Clinton.

Yup I remember during the democrat primary election where a Sanders vote would select Clinton. It's just terrible calibration on the touchscreens which honestly shouldn't be happening either but that's on the state

All it takes is some critical thinking.

Either this touch screen is fucked up

or

They are rigging the election right in front of my face instead of doing it in the back end of the system where I cant see it!!!

The person who posted that one is in Virginia. She can ask for all the paper ballots she wants and it still won't turn VA red. She's actually a good friend, but she's a Tea Partier so no sense in arguing with her at all. I just never talk politics with her.

Oh I was talking about a Trump tweet from this morning. I figured it would've already been posted here, but guess not!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
A lot of call-ins about vote flipping at the voting booths in Texas. People are not happy. BIG lines. What is going on?

All it takes is some critical thinking.

Either this touch screen is fucked up

or

They are rigging the election right in front of my face instead of doing it in the back end of the system where I cant see it!!!
It's because they have so much power, and who's going to believe us?! The touch screen isn't messed up, because my touch screen on my new idevice17 isn't messed up, and I can't conceptualize touch screen tech that's as old as I am because the state refuses to pressure the vendors who built it!

It's a conspiracy BURN IT DOWN

mclem

If Trump truly believes he's going to win, then he may have a cameraperson in his war room on election night to capture him on his way to glory. The only question then is, if everything goes south as expected, whether that person can make it out alive with the tape.

That'd be good to see... because the Hitler rant video from Downfall is somewhat overused, we need new material.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What.

This is like using money as fuel for your fireplace when you are middle class.

What in the world is Schumer doing?

No idea. Could be he's worried about millennials, judging by the content of some of the ads. Or he could be trying to run up the numbers and scare the GOP off any future challenges, not that he needs to do that given he always wins by like 30-40 points.

What.

This is like using money as fuel for your fireplace when you are middle class.

What in the world is Schumer doing?
He has spent nearly $6m from the dscc coffers running his reelection ads in the expensive NY market. A race he's winning by 30+ points. And he's not sending any funds from the coffers to Patrick Murphy's bid.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why is this guy next in line for the Democratic senate leadership? He seems like a horribly choice.

Thinking about it, he may not have embraced modern campaigning like Clinton and Obama have. Dude's probably still using old school consultants since he's never seen a competitive race in his life. Someone needs to explain to him that he shouldn't be listening to those fools.

I like Schumer as my senator, but he makes some weird choices sometimes

Agreed. He's a weird dude for sure.

shiba5

Oh I was talking about a Trump tweet from this morning. I figured it would've already been posted here, but guess not!

What is going on?! People are saying!
Typical Trump. Yes, the red state of Texas is very openly flipping your vote right in front of your face - because reasons.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I think Donald goes off on twitter by the sixth or so.

As for the MODELz - the biggest change was that they removed the CVoter state polls since they were using modeling based on national data rather than state by state data (so Clinton running up the margins in California was giving her a better chance to win in Ohio). So I suspect a good chunk of state "polls" (since CVoter was a daily tracking) were removed.

Why is this guy next in line for the Democratic senate leadership? He seems like a horribly choice.

For what it is worth he was behind the recruiting and fundraising that led to a lot of wins in 2006 and 2008.

Chuck knows how to win as a party. That's most of his upside, because plenty of elected Dems in the DSCC/DCCC history didn't even get the basics of winning.

In everything else he's kind of meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom