• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITS VOTING DAY (for Georgia at least, early voting)

CHECK UR BALLOTS YAAAALLL

https://ballotpedia.org/Georgia_2016_ballot_measures

My take on the 4 statewide ballot measures:

State intervention in this case means the governor appointing a person who can go around the elected school superintendent. This sounds pretty bad because making an appointed official able to go around the decisions of an elected official doesn't bode well for accountability. Also, our governor is a fucking idiot
I recommend voting against this amendment

More penalties for those charged with sexual exploitation of children. I can't find any arguments against this measure. I recommend voting for this amendment.

One of the sponsors of this bill was previously investigated by this commission for making sexual comments to a female attorney. He wants to replace the commission. I recommend voting against this amendment

Seems fine in principle, and I can't really find anything bad about this one. I recommend voting for this amendment.

That's exactly how I voted.

Also, if you're in Georgia, your county might have SPLOST proposals for 1% sales tax increase.

Bowdz

¡Ay, caramba!

MEGATON

California, New Mexico, Nevada, and Colorado are like the Borg. Arizona, we will add your electoral and societal distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Can't wait to see Obama and Hillary swinging through AZ.

Really, Trump should just buy One America or NewsmaxTV instead of standing up infrastructure. And those stations have probably viewers in the tens of thousands, so, I have no idea how a TNN actually survives.

DasRaven

Fuck yeah!

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/obama-holder-redistricting-gerrymandering-229868

TLDR, Obama's main post presidential action is going to be helping Dems take back the House and state legislatures.

Excellent, absorb the best folks from Bernie's stillborn "Our Revolution" group and we have a message for the GOP house majority...

tumblr_m7lcjrq9Xe1rt2h44o1_500.jpg

Bailing out Bayh sucks but has to be done.

Really, Trump should just buy One America or NewsmaxTV instead of standing up infrastructure. And those stations have probably viewers in the tens of thousands, so, I have no idea how a TNN actually survives.

What he actually will want is for some existing outlet to license his brand and then they can make the business successful while he just gets revenue for the brand usage. Anything more elaborate than that will require one of the kids getting involved (or Roger Alies).

mo60

If McMullin really is that high in Utah it's going to cause all kinds of problems for Trump in NV/AZ.

That poll looks decent, but maybe a bit to high for McMullin. We know McMullin is hovering around the low to mid 20's right now in Utah and that trump and I think Hilary are hovering around the high 20's and low 30's

Boke1879

Come on, Kaine! What's the point of you even being here?!

It's Bernie in AZ tomorrow? Chelsea will be there wednesday. Michelle will be there thursday post debate. Barack and Hillary should make a pass there themselves and I think she will after the debate. Them spending money is good.

expanding your map is the sign of a wining campaign.

That poll looks decent, but maybe a bit to high for McMullin. We know McMullin is hovering around the low to mid 20's right now in Utah and that trump and I think Hilary are hovering around the high 20's and low 30's

I don't think anything about the Utah polling situation is clear enough for these "we knows."

mo60

I don't think anything about the Utah polling situation is clear enough for these "we knows."

We know McMullin seems to be picking up steam now in that state, but the question is if his support has increased from were he was sitting at late last week in that state.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Off-topic, but didn't there used to be a TNN? Maybe "The Nashville Network?"

Clinton also spending $6 million on downballot candidates in the normal swing states plus $1 million for Bayh and Kander. Mook concedes Hillary isn't as strong in MO and IN as AZ or GA.

North Carolina margins being small goes against recent polling, no? I thought Hillary was doing pretty well there.

Could be a few reasons:

- He is not just talking about POTUS race but also the Senate race that will likely be a very thin margin of victory.

- He is doing the standard line of "high turnout, close race" to encourage more people to vote.

- Internal data is showing a decrease in Hillary's lead.

Iolo

All I wanted Obama to do after his presidency was begin to repair the neglect of the Democratic bench and downballot candidates. Thanks, Obama.

Mook was being honest in the primaries when he said it was close, so I assume it is truly close in NC.

There needs to be a coordinated grass roots effort by Utah dems to vote McMullin. It's the only way he can beat Trump. He also needs that damn Romney endorsement already.

Bowdz

Is this new FBI -State dept. thing really a thing?

Or just really intra dept arguments on classification?

From what I read, it was something that took place early on in the investigation (May 2015) and sounds like it was the actual communication between the FBI and State Department over classification. I'm not sure if I just misread it, but the use of "quid pro quo" in an actual email sounds bad and will certainly be used by Trump and company to make a point, but I think this is just the actual conversations concerning over classification.

IF YOU"RE A DEM VOTE FOR MCMUFFIN IN UTAH!

Said this before but I still disagree with this. Trump doesn't need Utah as he wins if Hillary doesn't get 270. So it doesn't matter if he wins the state or not. Hillary is also close enough where she could win it. People who are voting for Hillary are more likely to turn out than people who are voting for McMullin as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom