• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT13| For Queen and Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I read, it was something that took place early on in the investigation (May 2015) and sounds like it was the actual communication between the FBI and State Department over classification. I'm not sure if I just misread it, but the use of "quid pro quo" in an actual email sounds bad and will certainly be used by Trump and company to make a point, but I think this is just the actual conversations concerning over classification.

The most frustrating thing are statements like this that show the media isn't doing a good job telling people what these things actually are. These were interview notes not an email.

This has been a common thing through this whole ordeal.

(not on you but the media for not making it clear and intentionally making everything seem like wrong doing)

I just still can't believe this email thing is so big. It just feels absurd like everything else about 2016. We have a candidate destroying our consitutional order, a global catastrophe not mentioned in any debates (climate change) and we're spending so much time and effort into interoffice communications and reporters are all so gaga becuase they feel like they're living out all the presidents men or something

bananas

Banned
GVFbI3L.gif

Emarv

The Texas thing is either that they know another oppo dump is coming, or more likely that they're gonna make a slight push, play some mind games, and set things up for 2020. Like nature boy said, without a surrogate tour or massive GOTV, it seems odd.

The Texas thing is either that they know another oppo dump is coming, or more likely that they're gonna make a slight push, play some mind games, and set things up for 2020.

It's the end of the fourth quarter and you're letting your second string guys play to get some experience.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Texas thing is either that they know another oppo dump is coming, or more likely that they're gonna make a slight push, play some mind games, and set things up for 2020. Like nature boy said, without a surrogate tour or massive GOTV, it seems odd.

Given its only a week odds are its a test to see if they can actually win the state. If the number move expect a much larger push.

Grief.exe

Can someone explain this quid pro quo thing for me like I'm a child?

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/788034152142692353

This is my understanding.
Someone at State negotiating with FBI to reduce classification rating on some of Hillary's emails. Negotiation was the FBI would be allowed more agents in certain countries.
The guy at the FBI discussed it, but ultimately shot down by people within the FBI. Seems he has since retired, whether that be forced or not is not yet known.

So it was nothing, but could be bad optics all around.

Probably targeting districts that they think they can pick up congressional seats.
Tall order - there's only one that's really competitive, TX-23.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if in a lot of these safe R/D states most incumbents/political trends get entrenched simply because no one has ever challenged them.

Can someone explain this quid pro quo thing for me like I'm a child?

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/788034152142692353

The allegation is that Undersecretary of State Patrick Kennedy pressured the FBI to unclassify certain emails from Hillary Clinton's private server that were previously deemed classified, with the acknowledgement there would be a return favour down the line.

Said declassification did not end up happening.

Blader

Which is a problem and a mistake by the campaign. He should have been on Spanish speaking television at least once a week for the past two months.

What a bizarre miscalculation. Am I wrong or could you count the number of Spanish-speaking interviews Kaine has given on one hand?

If Hillary is +7 nationally, I dont know why she's +2 or 3 in BG states. Remember in 2012 when national polls showing Mittens leading Obama? Black mamba showed they were bunk because they heavily weighted south, a traditionally strong GOP region. I hope nothing of the sort is happening with Hillary.

mo60

If they're making a play for Arizona anTexas, what does South Carolina and Georgia look like? What does the campaign like in those states?

I don't think trump is leading by much in either SC and GA right now.Trump's probably leading by 5 points right now in SC and around 3 or 4 points in GA.

Grief.exe

Ohio is going to be a tossup either way due to Trump's inherent advantages in the state, but I think it will lean Hillary on election day.

Zukkoyaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom