• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

The campaign is signaling through its actions that Iowa is completely gone but Ohio is still possible.

Slacker

If I never hear Kellyanne's voice again it'll be too soon. I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more.

Slacker

I saw a LOT of diversity, emotion and smiles. ❤️❤️❤️

Now, let's see the Trump version with all the above listed.

Trump's videos actually feature quite a bit of diversity if you count people committing crimes against white people.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
KellyAnne Conway was a well respected pollster. I assume she will be unscathed here because even if he loses she can say I kept this highly flawed candidate close in the polls.

It amazes me how people let her get away with everything in interviews.

Teggy

Every screenshot of Kellyanne has her staring directly into the camera with that creepy smile on her face.

Syncytia

Losing Ohio doesn't matter that much when it looks like we're definitely getting NV/PA and probably getting NV/FL.

Still hoping for AZ. Gotta represent. If we don't this year I don't see 2020 happening even with demo changes. Even if AZ goes to Hillary this year I'd expect a pretty hard reversal for next time.

sazzy

KellyAnne Conway was a well respected pollster. I assume she will be unscathed here because even if he loses she can say I kept this highly flawed candidate close in the polls.

She's Kellyanne.

She'll find a way to spin it in her favor.

She's already been parroting the line that, Hillary has all these superstars stumping for her, why isn't she winning by bigger margins?

No doubt she's going to take credit for keeping the race close.

Lewandowski on CNN trying to pivot to Bill Clinton's 'philandering' when they're discussing Trump's twitter getting taken away was maybe the most pathetic moment on any surrogate panel this election.

Makai

Manmademan said:
it's not as close as the last one at all. Obama was up less than a point vs. Romney in 2012.

Clinton is up by about 5.

Obama won by 7 vs. McCain in 08 and that was a blowout.

Turn off CNN.

go take a walk.
Popular vote doesn't matter and Iowa and Ohio are possible losses with NC being the only maybe pickup.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Still hoping for AZ. Gotta represent. If we don't this year I don't see 2020 happening even with demo changes. Even if AZ goes to Hillary this year I'd expect a pretty hard reversal for next time.

You think the Republicans won't nominate someone with virulent anti-Latino sentiments?

Well, I mean, yes, that is going to happen. However, in some states, such as NC and FL, she is poised to win same day voters too. In FL, the GOP is cannibalizing their same day voters a lot more than we are. So, yes, the margins will narrow, but with EV turnout being what it is, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to chip it below a win in some places.

In NC 20% of voters who voted early this cycle voted on election day in 2012. That, combined with the fact that we have 3.1 million votes in out of a likely 4.6-4.7m or so, makes me hopeful that the Republican uptick in total votes is mostly due to voting early. That doesn't explain why Dems lagged a bit (though we're a less % registered of the electorate this time around and most of our friendly regs go NPA), but it does make me hope that this isn't some untapped white "silent majority" turnout.

HRC's teams in Wake/Mecklenberg/Guilford have a lot of work to do on the next few days.

Losing Ohio isn't a shocker, it would have been more of an icing on the cake deal at this point.

Said it before, winning Ohio but losing the election is going to be Trump's evidence that it was somehow rigged, because of the "Ohio votes with the winner!" lore or whatever.

sazzy

Under budget! Ahead of schedule!

Bloomberg:

gLZ4PG.png

HTupolev

I only wish. We need to talk more about e-mails though. That's where there real story is. Clearly. /sigh
I'm actually a little nervous there; this last Wikileaks dump is enormous, and there's quite an army churning through it. The probability of a couple real-ish stories being generated isn't that low. OTOH, Wikileaks may have nothingburgered itself and emails into irrelevance.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Because Jeff Zucker is an inhuman opportunist fuck.

Apparently. He contributes nothing to the conversation other than to shout over anyone that does anything short of fellating Trump. Even the hosts blatantly get annoyed by him. He flatout out admits he's still in constant contact with the guy that used to (still?) paid him.

I'm actually a little nervous there; this last Wikileaks dump is enormous, and there's quite an army churning through it. The probability of a couple real-ish stories being generated isn't that low. OTOH, Wikileaks may have nothingburgered itself and emails into irrelevance.
If there was actually something big in there, it wouldn't be dropped in a batch of 8000 emails. It would have been released on its own.

With the FBI doing what it did today, no one is going to give a shit about any emails for a while.

BadRNG

They got nothing left. Their last big leak was fucking satanic food rituals.

Syncytia

You think the Republicans won't nominate someone with virulent anti-Latino sentiments?

They probably will, but still hard to tell who will be left standing after the fallout from this election I think. The problem is that dems haven't increased their vote percentage here really, the past 4 elections have been D 44._%.

Maybe they'll focus here more in the future and that will help?

Popular vote doesn't matter and Iowa and Ohio are possible losses with NC being the only maybe pickup.
Maybe not in terms of who actually becomes the winner, but it sure means a fuck ton to me personally regardless:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=223312859&postcount=929

And NC isn't the only viable pickup. Arizona's definitely also still doable and maybe Georgia if we're super-lucky though that one's less likely. In addition, while we won't actually win states like Texas or Alaska in all likeliness, it's going to be super close this year and while that won't matter in terms of the winner, that will show up in the popular vote and while that doesn't effect the winner that nonetheless means a lot to me personally, re: the above linked post of mine.

The media already blew their load on emails for the last week . They aren't picking up a new story this close to the election when it could be a dud. And by the time they could verify something it will be too late. Also, I'm half convinced the campaign is in contact about these emails so they would know if they had something to work with. Conway knows this over.

shiba5

Senator Frothy says Obama and Clinton are both traitors.
Also, I learned that we are the highest taxed country in the world. (Brought to you by the Big Book of Trump Bullshit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom