• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if she can make up this margin in Florida.

Everywhere else is just too much anxiety.

I've never been nervous until the last hour.

Friends are texting me shitting themselves.

Thaedolus

Jesus Fucking Tap Dancing Henry Christ the Fourth I need to log out of NeoGAF and just drink myself into a coma and see what happens in the morning

Gorger

A fascist is 50 % in chance of winning this election. This is unbelievable for USA in 2016. I was so positive a few hours ago.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I had to close that NYT live tracker. I can't deal with that shit right now.

I just reached Baltimore. What the fuck is happening? I can never tell if this thread is being sarcastic or not I'm terrified by the few posts I've read.

Drek

What this really comes down to is if all the historic turnout talk we heard extends to urban areas as well as the quick to report rural areas. Polls indicate that both sides were getting substantial turnout. if that was true then the counting of urban areas should break normal convention on catching up in key states.

My bet is that Florida is down to the wire and a total coin toss. NC and VA with maybe an Ohio surprise are where Clinton can deal before we get into early tomorrow.

This also is not on Hillary Clinton. Don't blame her for latent sexism, a constant barrage of false equivalence fueled reporting from the media, a deep,seated racist streak through rural America, GOP led voter suppression with decades of history, or the sheer laziness of the left when it comes to accepting and acting upon a pragmatic choice.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Just got back from voting. +1 Ric Flair.

kmfdmpig

That projection is "dumb" in the sense it doesn't consider what counties are still out. Sort of like most people shitting themselves right now.

It also shows Clinton likely to earn over 270 EC votes, but yet predicts Trump to win, which is obviously a bit odd.

I think Clinton will still win this. That said: it's a stain on America that the fascist candidate isn't going to lose in a landslide, and that it will only give democracy a tepid mandate. Ashamed of my fellow white folks. You fuckers.

2016 is the only beginning for mainstage authoritarianism in America.

Yep, that's what's scary. Even if she wins tonight, she'll get rocked in 2020 by the most vile human being that the GOP can put up.

Again, Republicans eviscerated election infrastructure In Democratic areas in the wake of the 2010 elections. So you had huge lines even when turnout was normal. Extra turnout is hard to capitalize on because there's no capacity to take it in and the lines get even longer.

Conversely, in rural areas that had their polling infrastructure preserved or expanded, there were never any lines so they had tons of excess capacity to take advantage of dramatically increased turnout.

Brinbe

That projection is "dumb" in the sense it doesn't consider what counties are still out. Sort of like most people shitting themselves right now.

The problem is that she may not have the numbers in every case to make up these deficits. Especially when HE'S overperforming. They are legit bricking it over at HRC HQ too, I guarantee it.

Get ready for a Trump Presidency, God fucking hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom