• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffy

As I recall, Trump had no path without Florida, but an unlikely path even with Florida. She doesn't need a big win because it's not like Trump's supporters were going to change their minds even if he got blown out, but a win by any means will be a big deal.

I need some advice. If Trump does win,should I pull monies out of my vanguard account?

No arguably you should put more money in at the bottom when the market over-reacts and crashes. You're betting on the long term market trend being up and since our global economy is capitalist we have bigger problems than Trump if that stops being true.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Cbs saying Michigan whites, college educated whites are voting for trump in big numbers. I don't get it

Brinbe

At least she should take VA... but what the fuck at MI. They were right to be confident about it and having that late rally in Grand Rapids.

Dems totally took it for granted.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As I recall, Trump had no path without Florida, but an unlikely path even with Florida. She doesn't need a big win because it's not like Trump's supporters were going to change their minds even if he got blown out, but a win by any means will be a big deal.

But the Midwest is FULL of angry white rural voters.

With Michigan, Trump very much has a clear path. And it's not looking as good as it should in MI right now.

Hazmat

VA is still looking safe, I think. I started getting nervous about FL after the senate race got called so quickly for Rubio, and I think it's gone.

I need some advice. If Trump does win,should I pull monies out of my vanguard account?

Well, markets gonna ridoncu-crash, so you miiiight wanna try to offload that asap. Lose the window and you might as well ride the storm until Something Tragic/Great happens.

إن شاء الله

Crocodile

Again, Republicans eviscerated election infrastructure In Democratic areas in the wake of the 2010 elections. So you had huge lines even when turnout was normal. Extra turnout is hard to capitalize on because there's no capacity to take it in and the lines get even longer.

Conversely, in rural areas that had their polling infrastructure preserved or expanded, there were never any lines so they had tons of excess capacity to take advantage of dramatically increased turnout.

Yeah, the fuckery involved with voting rights in this country is a shame and pisses me the fuck off >_<

Oh, they do. Clinton has more support in some traditionally red states but not enough to flip, Trump has more support in traditionally blue states with large rural populations.

Ok that kind of makes sense

People need to stop using that nyt upshot site and saying that Trump has taken something. Makes it sound like news organizations are calling the state for him when it's still going.

Makai

39Ou0Qm.png

Link

The Autumn Wind
Underestimating the white vote in Florida doesn't bode well for elsewhere.

kmag

It's what the vote in Florida in the rural areas represents which is the issue rather than the actual state. He's mobilised the white rural vote in really unprecedented numbers.

A blowout win for HIllary though meant that the GOP had to look at their damn tactics. If Hillary barely wins, then you know what happens? The Senate will keep blocking progress. The Republicans will keep peddling their hate because it works. And this country will remain a bipolar pile of trash that can't make up it's damn mind.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There's a plausible but unlikely map where she could win even if she loses MI if she takes VA back and also claims AZ.

Angry rural white voters are out en force. She isn't taking Arizona.

Jackson50

Trump is winning Wayne County (Detroit) with 8% reporting. Obama won Wayne 72-26 in 2012. Oakland County is the same margin (8%) though with 46% reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom