• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still too many white people in the US it seems. Republicans never get punished for shit because the electorate doesn't have long term memory.

XenodudeX

VA is Hilary. Fox called it.

MI may or may not be. The heave dem areas haven't come in yet. But another newspaper gave it to her

Nafai1123

Banned
Get home from work, read this last page.

WTF 40 minutes and now it's looking like Trump can seriously win? This is just bedwetting right?

Wag

There really was a silent majority pissed about losing their jobs that wasn't picked up on the polls. Hannity was right, all those conservative talk show hosts were right.

But they are wrong about why they're losing their jobs. It's not NAFTA, it's technological advances. That whole workforce needs to be retrained- Trump and the GOP isn't going to pay for that.

Slime

Banned
The is feeling so much like Brexit.

Close race with the almost smug expectation that people will make the right choice, but hate and fear end up motivating and turning out the deplorables.

This is definitely Trump's race to lose right now.

Averon

So, what will these rural white do when, after 4 years of Trump, their towns are still barely alive and their communities lost more jobs?

I need to go back in time and kill the me from yesterday who was 95% confident about things so I don't have to suffer through the rest of this.

As a Wisconsinite, I apologize for our failures. We are indeed all White and racist as hell, and, clearly, want to see the world burn.

Get home from work, read this last page.

WTF 40 minutes and now it's looking like Trump can seriously win? This is just bedwetting right?

Dude, NO. There is literally unprecedented rural white turnout, ALL going Trump. We passed bedwetting an hour ago, and frankly? All the "stop bedwetting" bullshit from the last few weeks/months looks corny as hell.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Well I am really speechless. Very sad. I guess the secret trump voter was real. Massive data failure. Incredible.

sphagnum

Banned
But how do you make things better? You're only answer is to move away from 'neo-liberalism' but that doesn't mean anything. Obama has been straight-jacketed for the last six years by the GOP house. He can't just press the magic 'Make Better' button in the white house.

Push for these things. Work on rebuilding relationships with unions and strengthening them. Don't just give them lip service and say "Oh well that's gone and it was inevotable, sorry." It doesn't matter if they get things done so long as people believe that they're trying.

STOP ever treating Republicans as colleagues. This is war.

I'm not saying this fixes the problem. It doesn't stop racism. But it helps the Democrats PR problem, which is that they don't care about the Rust Belt.

Whether we like to admit it or not the white part of the working class is still sizeable. People are always fine with Bill turning rightward due to Reagan, why can't any of you admit that the Dems have to adapt now?

Kusagari

Close race with the almost smug expectation that people will make the right choice, but hate and fear end up motivating and turning out the deplorables.

Polling was far more decisive here than Brexit. This a polling error of a far more unprecedented magnitude.

Drakeon

But they are wrong about why they're losing their jobs. It's not NAFTA, it's technological advances. That whole workforce needs to be retrained- Trump and the GOP isn't going to pay for that.

Yeah, you're not wrong. But he still promised them their jobs back. Obviously he can't deliver on that, but that doesn't change any votes tonight.

rjinaz

Fuck NO. Dude, you assured us for weeks that that goddamn oppo was going to drop any moment, and now you're here all "oh, MI is in the bag guys." Fuck that. Sources or GTFO.

If there were oppos and people decided to not use them because they felt the election was already won, I hope those people don't sleep another night for 4 years straight. So tired of Democrats playing soft ball with Republicans.

GutsOfThor

Yeah I have no faith that she wins anymore.

I've been preparing myself for this moment lol.

I'll be moving into the acceptance part of grieving and I think you all should as well.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Except, the race was not that close at all. The polling was wrong, the polling was within the MOE for Brexit. Please quit making this comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom