• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strimei

Yeah when I look at the actual precinct map I worry about Michigan a bit less

Exactly. As several people (myself included) have been saying, rural votes get counted faster, and the urban ones tend to take a long while. Sometimes it can not sway, yes (looking at you, Florida and Broward), and sometimes it can (looking at you, Virginia).

Just because its red tinted right now, don't lose all hope. I get freaking out, but remember this.

Trump's bid on the rust belt with a unique departure from the republican platform on trade worked and got him states no one would expect. If he wins, that departure from other republicans is what made the difference.

sphagnum

Banned
There is no savior. Those jobs are never coming back.

I know that. You are missing the point. They think Trump will restore things to the way they used to be, both racially and economically. If things were fine for them economically, it would TAMP DOWN the amount voting for him. Not destroy it, but make it harder for him.

Exactly. As several people (myself included) have been saying, rural votes get counted faster, and the urban ones tend to take a long while. Sometimes it can not sway, yes (looking at you, Florida and Broward), and sometimes it can (looking at you, Virginia).

Just because its red tinted right now, don't lose all hope. I get freaking out, but remember this.

We said the same thing about Florida. This is unprecedented.

I know that. You are missing the point. They think Trump will restore things to the way they used to be, both racially and economically. If things were fine for them economically, it would TAMP DOWN the amount voting for him. Not destroy it, but make it harder for him.
Basically they're just stupid

DOWN

Banned
How the fuck did it go from 90+% Hillary on most of the predictions yesterday to 60-70+% Trump tonight?

I'm truly baffled. Even if Trump loses this I don't even know what to think of this country. Everything is fucked.

Anyway, I'm going to try to go to sleep. It'll probably be impossible, but if I stay awake I'll just be refreshing online nonstop.

Hillary is outperforming 2012 Obama in Polk and Johnson by 4% and 10% respectively.

Would be shocking if Iowa goes blue on a night when the rest of the midwest turns red.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 27s28 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
We have Trump as a slight favorite in both Michigan and Pennsylvania, Clinton as a slight fav in WI. She needs all three.

Trump's winning both MI and PA?

Seriously, fuck this night.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How the fuck did it go from 90+% Hillary on most of the predictions yesterday to 60-70+% Trump tonight?

Polling ignored the galvanization of the rural white voter.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
How the fuck is this happening? Seriously fuck polls am I right? Seriously she was predicted to have a 70% of winning at her worst and now she is going to lose??

But how do you make things better? You're only answer is to move away from 'neo-liberalism' but that doesn't mean anything. Obama has been straight-jacketed for the last six years by the GOP house. He can't just press the magic 'Make Better' button in the white house.

I'll write this down just to see if it makes sense to me:

DONALD TRUMP COULD BE THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Nope, still the most insane thing I've ever seen.

Alright, I'm now just operating under the assumption Trump will win. Best case scenario: he'll be the most unpopular president of all time, he's fuck shit up for 4 years, we'll all say "We told you so", Dems will win easy in 2020.

Chase17

I don't even know what a Clinton concession speech looks like.

Does anyone know what the NH senate race is looking like? Still to early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom