• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what happens before 2020, what the polls are saying, experts, anything. I am going to fully believe that Trump will win and the Republicans will win every election from here on out until the results come in for a Democrat victory. Even then, I'm assuming the next election after that goes Republican.

Grief.exe

I think I'm done with politics.

We have a liberal state that voted for the Democrat president by one of the largest margins in the country represented in the House by a majority Republicans.

They've won. They broke me.

2iwIRZS.png

People wanted change we can no longer deny that. I never did. Washington has failed ultimately. It's going to be torn down. But we have to be apart of that by standing up for what we believe in. NOT running away.

America has to help itself. NO one person alone can fix this Trump already knows that if he doesn't well... he is going to find out quick.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This is bleak with Republicans controlling Congress. I can't believe Republicans are going to be rewarded for ignoring Obama's Supreme Court nomination.

Fuchsdh

At a high level:

US pulls out of the Paris Treaty
US pulls out of NATO
US fucks over trade partners
Invade foreign countries
Annex Canada for its oil and land
Bomb the shit out of anyone who tries to fuck with the US

Domestically:
Repeal Obamacare
Repeal Roe vs Wade
Repeal gay marriage
Ban muslims
Deport 11 million people
Repeal the 14th amendment
Rewrite the 1st amendment, remove freedom of religion

Like I said before though, I will sleep just fine...nothing I can do about it.

Go to sleep and maybe lay off the drugs. You are more deluded than a king Obama conservative if you really think we're going to invade Canada and get enough states to ratify a repeal of the 1st and 14th amendments.

I just can't at all. This is so shocking to me.

I've been glued to this for two hours... i'm in acceptance phase now. You'll hit it eventually :/

Note that I didn't feel this way when Bush was voted in twice, but that's because I was younger and much more naive to American politics. Kind of wish I was that young me again, this whole night has been way too goddamn stressful for me...

mo60

Soooo who runs in 2020? Booker? Castro? Gabbard? Anybody else look promising?

Someone probably from the Midwest or South. We need someone to take advantage of what hilary pulled off in AZ and GA in this election despite losing and someone to blunt trump's advantage in the MidWest.

Toxi

Banned

We have a liberal state that voted for the Democrat president by one of the largest margins in the country represented in the House by a majority Republicans.

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck

What is wrong with this country

What is wrong with my state

Bowdz

I've been glued to this for two hours... i'm in acceptance phase now. You'll hit it eventually :/

Note that I didn't feel this way when Bush was voted in twice, but that's because I was younger and much more naive to American politics. Kind of wish I was that young me again, this whole night has been way too goddamn stressful for me...

I feel like I aged 10 years in 2 hours.

PBY

Banned
Can we look internally for a second?

I'm pro data. And I'm fine believing it.

BUT. and this thread and myself were guilty of this - there was a smug insularity that walled off this group from the rest of the country (and vice versa).

Sides can't talk past each other - this needs to change.

Bowdz

Can we look internally for a second?

I'm pro data. And I'm fine believing it.

BUT. and this thread and myself were guilty of this - there was a smug insularity that walled off this group from the rest of the country (and vice versa).

Sides can't talk past each other - this needs to change.

Yep. I'm so damn guilty of this.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

And this is why I don't think any surge in 2018 or 2020 or any time is going to be enough. In the next two years the Republicans will stack things so hard that a 60% Democrat victory still isn't enough to flip the house

Sianos

We can't give up. The world is about to enter a tumultuous period, one that due to the immense power of developing technology will shape the future for a very long time. The white nationalists are desperate and struck back ferociously because they realize they are cornered. We've lost a battle, but we must still finish the war.

Popped open the vodka.

Tonight tells me that as a Mexican, I'm not gonna get anywhere. I already have a shit life. Tonight I learned that half the country hates people like me. A child of immigrants. I'm not the most stable person financially or mentally. Tonight sucks. I have a fucking mexican friend who denies what he is, and thinks he's white. I fucking hate him right now. He's probably happy that Trump won. Fucking Jarhead.

Half the country hates people like me. That is what tonight is telling me. Fuck your 'But I'm conservative for economic reasons'. Fuck Republicans tonight. They elected a hatemonger. They elected someone who is working with a party of obstruction.

Where do we go from now? I don't fucking know. I just don't fucking know. I don't have alot of options. I will never have alot of options that alot of white people do. I'm stuck here in the pits. Hillary being elected gave me hope that hey, this country wasn't going to shit. But it being this close fucking wrecks me.

I don't know. I just want to sell everything I have and bail out of this country. I just don't fucking know.

From my cold dead motherfucking hands

President Trump can arrange that.

Go to sleep and maybe lay off the drugs. You are more deluded than a king Obama conservative if you really think we're going to invade Canada and get enough states to ratify a repeal of the 1st and 14th amendments.

He won't repeal the first, but he wants to put a ban on one's rights to exercise their religion.
He wants to deport american born citizens, which is a direct infringement of the 14th.
Trump has openly talked about invading foreign countries and taking their land.

And I forgot about the wall.

Warren or Colbert. And yeah, I think running a comedian isn't the "smartest" move, but what the fuck is anything anymore. Entertainers apparently win over extensive political experience in this bizarro world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom