• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT15| Orange is the New Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Howard Dean? Really!?

The Clinton taint is all over him. No fucking way.

Its like Dems just dont want to learn anything from this disaster.

Yea, let's not allow the most successful head of the DNC in our life times to be the head of the DNC again

Good move

Maybe then we can run progressives in Tennessee and totally absolutely win all the elections, forever!!!

Wasn't he the chair during Obama's rise?

During the huge Dem waves in 2006 and 2008, yep.

Lol Howard Dean? Really!?

The Clinton taint is all over him. No fucking way.

Its like Dems just dont want to learn anything from this disaster.

Howard Dean was one of the most effective DNC chairs of all time and helped pave the way to Obama'a victory.

Or can no one who endorsed Clinton have a role in the party now?

Kusagari

I don't see how we could ever reach Labor irrelevance.

Bernie, regardless of his many flaws, is a far more rational actor than Corbyn.

Economically. Not socially. Because social issues aren't real issues, they are "identity politics". I heard that a dozen times this year from Sanders supporters. Looking forward to hearing it again from the DNC.

And to be clear -- if the next Democratic candidate abandons intersectionality, they won't get a dime or an hour of labor from me.

On top of that they won't get my vote.

The only thing I will vote for is #CalExit.

Edit: Simply put, calling social issues "identity politics" is a vote killer for me. Let me be perfectly clear on this. They are the single most reason why I vote Democrat.

He supported Hillary over Bernie, that's all these Bernie people care about

Now that is dumb. Dean oversaw actual real results and improvements for downballot dems. That's the critical part here. Having a competent national strategy/infrastructure does not muscle out millenials, progressives, etc. It actually allows shit to get done.

Yeah, here it comes. I cant at the absolute blindness of #StillWithHer people.

Why do you believe Howard Dean shouldn't be head of the DNC?

Use your words. Give examples. Explain in clear detail why Howard Dean cannot and should not be head of the DNC

Challenge: Do so without using the word "Clinton" or "Establishment" because those are empty meaningless words.

And it will bomb if badly if it succeeds. At that point I'd bail to the GOP to try and moderate that. Gulp.

It really doesn't need to be pulled far left. Policy doesn't really matter, this election proved it. We need someone who is likable, relatable, and someone who people believe actually gives a shit and will try to make things better for people.

royalan

Gurl, Bernie is too busy running away from the Democrats and being an independent again, so

tumblr_nmj12cknoH1qcjdp7o1_500.gif

Seriously. Bernie isn't even claiming Democrat anymore.

kirblar

Use your words. Give examples. Explain in clear detail why Howard Dean cannot and should not be head of the DNC

Challenge: Do so without using the word "Clinton" or "Establishment" because those are empty meaningless words.
Also "Neoliberal"

So you don't understand what made Dean effective and want to marginalize any Clinton supporters from any party role.

Cool, it's Movement now. Let's not even run Sherrod Brown in 2020 we have to be ~pure~

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

That's just mean, lol.

It's like asking a hipster why he likes vinyl over cd and dd, and not allowing him to say it sounds warmer.

Now that is dumb. Dean oversaw actual real results and improvements for downballot dems. That's the critical part here. Having a competent national strategy/infrastructure does not muscle out millenials, progressives, etc. It actually allows shit to get done.

Blah, blah, blah. What did he do for Bernie? That is literally how these people think. If you don't believe me go look at many of the replies to Dean's tweet on twitter

There's a difference between someone like Dean who was competent and knew what he was doing and also chose to support Hillary and DWS, who was terrible at her job and got it due to her ties to Clinton and supremely fucked us with her incompetence.

Crocodile

In the face of his resume and documented successes, maybe if you actually gave a reason to not like Dean other than he likes Clinton your viewpoints might garner some respect?

Blah, blah, blah. What did he do for Bernie? That is literally how these people think. If you don't believe me go look at many of the replies to Dean's tweet on twitter

Or the replies to this announcement on Reddit.

It's sad. Like, really sad. "Progressives" are terrible, terrible people. They have no clue how to do anything right.

Bernie Sanders was a mistake. I will continue to hold my grudge against him until the day he dies. If the Democrats have an identity crisis, I am directly blaming him.

Nice to see PoliGAF returning to the pre-election battle lines drawn between SandersGAF and HillaryGAF. I know it's a stressful time but this reads like a topic from early this year almost word for word. Get it together people.

Barzul

That's an awful attitude.

Awful? It's based on reality. The country just gave the most far right Republican agenda majorities in every branch of government. Step outside a bit, I want a Democratic party that can get people elected in Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, Georgia. The GOP seems to manage it well enough in blue states.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nice to see PoliGAF returning to the pre-election battle lines drawn between SandersGAF and HillaryGAF. I know it's a stressful time but this reads like a topic from early this year almost word for word. Get it together people.

Oh no, this is not some both sides bullshit right now. If you want to come in here you come in with an actual argument about something, Melkr has done nothing of the sort.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sanders said he'd continue to be an independent until he next ran because he was elected as an independent Senator and it would be unfair for him to do anything otherwise for the duration of what he has been elected for. He's already confirmed that when he runs for re-election in 2018, he'll be running as a Democrat.

But all of you know that, and are already retreating into the YAAS QUEEN bubble chamber that just got President Trump elected.

Joy, oh joy.

Yeah I've been responding to some lol. They don't seem to be interested in discussion. Just pushing/liking their petition. I'm just asking them how would you explain Dean's success and the fact Ellison would be part-time.

pigeon

Banned

Here's a claim: the Democratic Party should stand for and advocate equal rights for people of color.

It should be one of the largest points in their platform.

Who agrees with this, and who doesn't?

Fox318

The GOP was the most divided it has been in a decade and still won.

They all had a common enemy that was the center target for conservative media and news for 30-40 years with crazy and I'd argue some legitimate controversy always surrounding her.

BiggNife

Dean is not Donna Brazile and he's not DWS.

Dean isn't going to support a third Hillary campaign. Everyone knows it's suicide at this point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sanders said he'd continue to be an independent until he next ran because he was elected as an independent Senator and it would be unfair for him to do anything otherwise for the duration of what he has been elected for. He's already confirmed that when he runs for re-election in 2018, he'll be running as a Democrat.

But all of you know that, and are already retreating into the YAAS QUEEN bubble chamber that just got President Trump elected.

Joy, oh joy.

Yes because changing his party in the middle of his term to run for president is totally something he told his constituents he'd be doing.

Tulsi Gabbard looks good on paper but has a ton of skeletons in her closet courtesy of her family. For example, here's an article from 2015 out of Civil Beat, a fairly well-respected Hawaii political blog founded by Pierre Omidyar:

Krishna Cult Rumors Still Dog Tulsi Gabbard

She's not even that good on paper. She's one of those "Obama never said islamic terrorism" people.

Joy, oh joy.
But Dean as DNC chair oversaw Obama and massive downballot Democratic gains. He's proven to be effective at his job. With no obvious baggage.

Whatever, as long as they are full-time and can direct the DNC to get back on track nationwide.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a claim: the Democratic Party should stand for and advocate equal rights for people of color.

It should be one of the largest points in their platform.

Who agrees with this, and who doesn't?

When you say the largest points in their platform, do you mean the platform they govern on and try to implement, or the platform they campaign on nationally and forms the mainstay of their national message?

BiggNife

Joy, oh joy.
Look, I'm fine with Ellison. But I think we need a full time DNC chair.

jtb

Banned
Personally I'd rather not have someone doing it part-time, it does seem like a full-time gig.

Cannot be repeated enough. This is not some fucking patronage job to groom some up and comer and give them with national fundraising connections. (I mean, DWS has been a complete and utter failure, but Kaine was guilty of this too)

Joy, oh joy.

Thank you for knowing your facts and not spouting off the Anti-Bernie shit we've been hearing for the past years and a half. You are the revolution.

pigeon

Banned
When you say the largest points in their platform, do you mean the platform they govern on and try to implement, or the platform they campaign on nationally and forms the mainstay of their national message?

The two are not separable.

The fact that you ask that question pretty much clarifies exactly what I'm concerned about.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
This. People need to get over themselves.
Awful? It's based on reality. The country just gave the most far right Republican agenda majorities in every branch of government. Step outside a bit, I want a Democratic party that can get people elected in Missouri, Arkansas, West Virginia, Georgia. The GOP seems to manage it well enough in blue states.
So you'll try to make the Republican Party more moderate instead of working with people in the party you disagree with when they're losing? Just quit now then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom