• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys imagine the kind of party the Clintons are going to throw when they're back in the white house? It's going to be wild. Bill's gonna learn how to use a cell phone camera and Snapchat the whole thing.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
She resigned because Breitbart refused to support her. Not quite sure how it makes her look like a liar at all.

Combined with the video where it looks like almost nothing happened, she looks like a liar.

Can you guys imagine the kind of party the Clintons are going to throw when they're back in the white house? It's going to be wild. Bill's gonna learn how to use a cell phone camera and Snapchat the whole thing.
I don't think Bill needs to go on a platform where dick pics are not only accepted but required.

GutsOfThor

She hasn't won yet. Let's not get ahead of ourselves....

pigeon

Banned
I don't get this whole Breitbart reporter story. Now she resigned? Why? It just makes it look like she was a liar.

Because Breitbart threw her under the bus. They printed stories suggesting that she was lying, why would she stay and keep working there? Part of the conservative mindset is never thinking you could be on the outside until suddenly you're on the outside.

Didn't she say she was pushed to the ground when video showed that didn't happen?

I'll say at best she exaggerated this story it seems. A video came out showing that too much of nothing happened.

I have to say this stuff depresses me.

First Lewandowski says to another reporter that he did it, but he didn't know who she was. Then they start calling her boyfriend telling him to shut her up. Then they decide to say they don't know her and it didn't happen and she's just a crazy woman. Lewandowski even says he never met her!

Now there's a video of an interaction between Lewandowski and Fields -- not necessarily the ONE interaction they've ever had, just A video -- in which he does make physical contact with her, and suddenly everybody's decided that she's obviously a liar because it doesn't look like it hurt enough.

So, first off, I want to point out that the fundamental component of this argument is that women are irrational and make shit up about assault. There's no other way to make this story work -- like, nobody is suggesting Fields is crazy (yet), or that she got paid off, or whatever. In the Trump story she just decided to lie, to the extent of filing a police report, quitting her job, somehow convincing a Washington Post reporter to write an article saying they witnessed the event, and convincing other Breitbart employees to quit as well, just because she wanted to lie. She's a reporter for Breitbart! It's not like she was waiting around for the perfect anti-conservative moment. She has no reason to be making up stories about Donald Trump. So the only way for this narrative to work, and unfortunately it works for a lot of people, is to assume that sometimes women just decide to lie about you attacking them, because you know how women get.

Secondly I want to raise, again, the question of theory of mind. What did Michelle Fields done so far?

* She wrote an article.
* She talked to other friends and witnesses to corroborate her story.
* She filed a police report.
* When her workplace started suggesting she was lying, she quit her job.

If you think she's lying, she's gone to a ton of trouble and effort to do so and kind of fucked up her life, when she could easily have said "oh well, nobody's buying it" and gone back to work (which seems to be the primary thing Trump's campaign wanted from her). If she's telling the truth, she's just done what anybody unwilling to be gaslighted would do.

What has Corey Lewandowski done so far?

* He said "Oh, yeah, I did that."
* He said "Stop telling people I did that."
* He said "I didn't do that, I didn't touch you, I've never even met you."
* He said "Here's a video of us interacting, with me touching you, that shows that I didn't do that."

Just from those bullet points, does this guy really sound like the most reliable source to you? If somebody came out and said that you attacked them when you didn't do it, is this a reasonable description of the stuff you would do? Is this the mental model of somebody who didn't do anything? Why are you making the choice to prioritize his narrative and discount hers?

Cat

Didn't she say she was pushed to the ground when video showed that didn't happen?

I had never seen anything to suggest she had said that until a video supposedly came out proving it wrong. The version of her story I'm familiar with, said the campaign manager grabbed her arm really hard, that it really shocked her how much it hurt. There was a picture on her Twitter of her arm. Also, first the campaign's story was "well we thought she was with liberal media" (as if that would make it okay) and then outright denial that it happened, that it must have been someone else.

Boke1879

Because Breitbart threw her under the bus. They printed stories suggesting that she was lying, why would she stay and keep working there? Part of the conservative mindset is never thinking you could be on the outside until suddenly you're on the outside.

I have to say this stuff depresses me.

First Lewandowski says to another reporter that he did it, but he didn't know who she was. Then they start calling her boyfriend telling him to shut her up. Then they decide to say they don't know her and it didn't happen and she's just a crazy woman. Lewandowski even says he never met her!

Now there's a video of an interaction between Lewandowski and Fields -- not necessarily the ONE interaction they've ever had, just A video -- in which he does make physical contact with her, and suddenly everybody's decided that she's obviously a liar because it doesn't look like it hurt enough.

So, first off, I want to point out that the fundamental component of this argument is that women are irrational and make shit up about assault. There's no other way to make this story work -- like, nobody is suggesting Fields is crazy (yet), or that she got paid off, or whatever. In the Trump story she just decided to lie, to the extent of filing a police report, quitting her job, somehow convincing a Washington Post reporter to write an article saying they witnessed the event, and convincing other Breitbart employees to quit as well, just because she wanted to lie. She's a reporter for Breitbart! It's not like she was waiting around for the perfect anti-conservative moment. She has no reason to be making up stories about Donald Trump. So the only way for this narrative to work, and unfortunately it works for a lot of people, is to assume that sometimes women just decide to lie about you attacking them, because you know how women get.

Secondly I want to raise, again, the question of theory of mind. What did Michelle Fields done so far?

* She wrote an article.
* She talked to other friends and witnesses to corroborate her story.
* She filed a police report.
* When her workplace started suggesting she was lying, she quit her job.

If you think she's lying, she's gone to a ton of trouble and effort to do so and kind of fucked up her life, when she could easily have said "oh well, nobody's buying it" and gone back to work (which seems to be the primary thing Trump's campaign wanted from her). If she's telling the truth, she's just done what anybody unwilling to be gaslighted would do.

What has Corey Lewandowski done so far?

* He said "Oh, yeah, I did that."
* He said "Stop telling people I did that."
* He said "I didn't do that, I didn't touch you, I've never even met you."
* He said "Here's a video of us interacting, with me touching you, that shows that I didn't do that."

Just from those bullet points, does this guy really sound like the most reliable source to you? Why are you making the choice to prioritize his narrative and discount hers?

Not saying she's a liar and not saying she wasn't hurt. Just going off the initial story that I read about on Gaf that said she was thrown to the ground

Anyone see that new Illinois poll?

Hillary. 31
Bernie. 30
Undecided 39

Why release that shit a day before the election?

Pzbcu1Y.gif

pigeon

Banned

This is amazing.

They literally say that the reason the numbers are so high for "undecided" is that people wanted to say "Donald Trump" and refused to take no for an answer.

Which, first off, is just bad polling methodology, but secondly is kind of the story of this primary election so far.

edit: ALSO IT HAS HIS PHONE NUMBER AND JUST SAYS "CALL ME WITH QUESTIONS"

This poor guy.

Gotchaye

What happens if Trump gets a bunch of the delegates from the Illinois Democratic primary? Can they show up to the Republican convention and vote?

thefro

What happens if Trump gets a bunch of the delegates from the Illinois Democratic primary? Can they show up to the Republican convention and vote?

Trump will win the Democratic and Republican nominations in the same year after the Sanders delegates all vote for Trump

Brinbe

Is that from a real polling outfit or just some random guy who decided to call a bunch of people? What a shoddily written release. Holy crap this must be an elaborate joke.

This mythology allows voters who don’t usually vote in a Democratic primary to be counted

More than 36%of the interviews were conducted with cell phone usurers?

There was very low interest in both races. Many voters refused to take the survey because they were
not allowed to vote for or against Trump

Da fuck...

HILLARY GOING TO GET STEAMROLLED BY UNDECIDED
FUCK!!!!

OMG. My Berniebro and I took my mom out for breakfast. His mom ended up coming too. Some old guy at Denny's had a Trump hat on. Both moms were fuming the entire time. On the way out my mom tells him "Take that shit off you look a damn fool." Haha.

FUCK!!!!

OMG. My Berniebro and I took my mom out for breakfast. His mom ended up coming too. Some old guy at Denny's had a Trump hat on. Both moms were fuming the entire time. On the way out my mom tells him "Take that shit off you look a damn fool." Haha.

haha your mom rocks

Speaking of polls...I'm not working them tomorrow. They didn't have me down. Going to GOTV with my Berniebro. His mom is forcing him to drive people to the polls, and he's forcing me to go with him

NeoXChaos

36 hours until Rubio's campaign ends and RubioGAF lose the game. Cheebo was so adamant about Rubio too.

PD said Trump would not win a single primary. Cheebo said Rubio would be in the lead by December. I said Trump would not win keep a lead all the way into the new year. We all deserve to eat crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom