• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
CdjB9PFW0AAl8fV.jpg

Trump knows the best words.

Diablos

No way he wins Ohio tomorrow.
I hope
That is different. Kasich's appeal in PA would be solely in the west where the rust belt is; he still wouldn't carry Allegheny county, but likely drive up turnout in surrounding red counties. Philly will give zero fucks.

I think people have a hard time understanding PA. The east side of the state (Democratic stronghold) is significantly more influential than the west side (by Ohio, WV) when it comes to Democratic voter turnout in the GE. Also, if you didn't know any better you'd probably think you were in NJ or NY if someone blindfolded you and drove you over to a heavily populated town in Eastern PA.

NeoXChaos

Between Wednesday and NY:

Arizona
Idaho
Utah
Alaska
Hawaii
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Where is Hillary favored and where is Sanders favored?

RoKKeR

CNN still puts a token Trump supporter on every show? This blonde woman continues to be annoying as shit. A blind shill, nothing more.

NeoXChaos

Predictions for tomorrow

Democrats
Ohio-Hillary
Illinois-Hillary
Florida-Hillary
North Carolina-Hillary
Missouri-Bernie

Republicans
Ohio-Kasich
Florida-Trump
Missouri-Cruz
Illinois-Trump
Northern Mariana Islands-Trump

That is different. Kasich's appeal in PA would be solely in the west where the rust belt is; he still wouldn't carry Allegheny county, but likely drive up turnout in surrounding red counties. Philly will give zero fucks.

I think people have a hard time understanding PA. The east side of the state (Democratic stronghold) is significantly more influential than the west side (by Ohio, WV) when it comes to Democratic voter turnout in the GE. Also, if you didn't know any better you'd probably think you were in NJ or NY if someone blindfolded you and drove you over to a heavily populated town in Eastern PA.

actually confident Diablos and diablosing Diablos have both appeared this election cycle, this really is a weird year!

Gotchaye

Wall Street Journal just keeps raising the bar when it comes to vile op-eds.

The Political Stupidity of the Jews Revisited

The title is worse than the actual content, and I guess the title is based on an essay written by an actual Jewish Republican in the 90's, but fuck.

The ending:

I mean goddamn.

That's really weird, from the excerpts. I can't access the article but why does the writer think Jews vote for Democrats? At least in the related genre of "black people should leave the liberal plantation" there's a theory about freebies and the nonobviousness of why low taxes and few services are better for everyone including black people, and one can point to black people not doing really well right now to make an argument that they should try something politically different. You can talk about race hucksterism or whatever it's called now where black people are systematically misled by corrupt leaders.

But surely the idea isn't that Jews are really really pro-Israel in the Republican sense and just don't realize where the parties are on this. Like, Netanyahu has made pretty clear which party he likes better and where he stands on things like the Iran deal. Similarly Jews have I think the highest per-capita income of any group in the US, so it's not like they're just not seeing the appeal of low taxes. There really isn't much of a coherent Jewish political community with leaders who are plausibly benefiting by manufacturing Jewish anger at Republicans.

So I have a hard time seeing how anyone could see Jewish voting patterns as "voting our ethnicity". The usual arguments to try to get Jews to vote Republican are all about appealing to supposed Jewish self-interest, and not in any sort of hard-to-grasp way. Surely even most Republicans who are aware of the facts here get that what's going on is just that Jews are highly-educated and non-Christian with a history of supporting things like the Civil Rights Movement.

Arizona is a closed primary, with a large older and non-white population.

I highly doubt Bernie could take it.

Bernie has proven to be competitive with closer-to.west coast Hispanics, going by his Nevada numbers and his assumable good numbers in Colorado (he couldnt have won by that margin without wiinning the Hispanic demographic, which probably represented more than a third of the Democratic vote).

In Arizona, they most likely be close-to-over 50% of the electorate. And they are in average way younger too.

The closed primary format hurts Bernie, though. I still think he has a chance.

PBY

Banned
If you're in FL, IL, MO, NC, or OH, tomorrow is your day to vote. Make your plans now to vote for me tomorrow!

^Rubio Twitter. What.

I just got flashbacks about Obama Girl, Barack HUSSEIN Obama, Joe the Plumber, the fundamentals of the economy, and the JUNIOR senator.

MAVERICK MAVERICK MAVERICK

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If you're in FL, IL, MO, NC, or OH, tomorrow is your day to vote. Make your plans now to vote for me tomorrow!

^Rubio Twitter. What.

he forgot he told them to vote for kasich :mouthcover

Bernie has proven to be competitive with closer-to.west coast Hispanics, going by his Nevada numbers and his assumable good numbers in Colorado (he couldnt have won by that margin without wiinning the Hispanic demographic, which probably represented more than a third of the Democratic vote).

In Arizona, they most likely be close-to-over 50% of the electorate. And they are in average way younger too.

:mouthcover

Please don't tell me your referencing Nevada exit polls with your Hispanic assertion...

noshten

Democrats
Ohio-Bernie
Illinois-Bernie
Florida-Hillary
North Carolina-Bernie
Missouri-Bernie

Republicans
Ohio-Trump
Florida-Trump
Missouri-Cruz
Illinois-Trump
Northern Mariana Islands-Cruz

In 2008, Latinos made up 18% of the electorate in the Dem primary in Arizona. AA voters made up 8% and Native Americans made up 5%.

Latinos will not make up 50% of the electorate in Arizona.

royalan

Between Wednesday and NY:

Arizona
Idaho
Utah
Alaska
Hawaii
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Where is Hillary favored and where is Sanders favored?

Ugh.

Is it wrong that I thin Bernie should drop out if he doesn't do well tomorrow? I mean, if all that happens tomorrow is Hillary increasing her already substancial delegate lead, then all him staying in the race will be is a time and resource drain, not to mention making it even harder for his followers to accept that he lost after winning a string of smaller states.

In 2008, Latinos made up 18% of the electorate in the Dem primary in Arizona. AA voters made up 8% and Native Americans made up 5%.

Latinos will not make up 50% of the electorate in Arizona.

Latinos are close to be a third of the overall population in Arizona. I assumed they would be over represented in Democratic demos since most of them vote Dem.

Interesting to see they just made 18% of the vote in 08.

danm999

I'm gonna guess;

IL - Bernie
OH - Clinton
NC - Clinton
MO - Bernie
FL - Clinton

OH - Kasich
FL - Herr Trump
MO - Boogermaster
IL - Herr Trump

Ugh.

Is it wrong that I thin Bernie should drop out if he doesn't do well tomorrow? I mean, if all that happens tomorrow is Hillary increasing her already substancial delegate lead, then all him staying in the race will be is a time and resource drain, not to mention making it even harder for his followers to accept that he lost after winning a string of smaller states.

Something to keep in mind:

Hillary is ill poised to be the person to tell someone else to drop out. It would reek of hypocrisy. She'll have to let him run his course, whatever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom