• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably end up just selling the property to one of them. The entire house needs to be rewired. Repair the structural issues since I've been using it as storage, but I'm not about to pay to have it rewired (I'm okay at construction, but have a deathly fear of electricity).

I can't do any of that stuff. Totally useless. So was my dad, actually, but they were newer. We sold both of them to the people who rented them out for almost nothing. They were young families trying to make ends meet, so my dad took the loss.

Two, both small, two bedroom, one bath.

Bought by my father when he was alive for like $3000 a piece.

A steal, but not exactly in the best of shape. Currently doing some repairs. Thinking about selling one whenever I get it repaired.

At that price, it's a miracle that there was anything on those properties other than grass and trees. A 'steal' is a bit of an understatement.

You should be able to flip those bad boys for a hefty spread.

I can't do any of that stuff. Totally useless. So was my dad, actually, but they were newer. We sold both of them to the people who rented them out for almost nothing. They were young families trying to make ends meet, so my dad took the loss.
That's pretty damn awesome overall.

We rented ours out for as low as $100 a month, and ended up settling for "Well... at least do repairs."

That didn't exactly work out either. I've had no luck with renters. And the messes after they move have been the stuff of nightmares. Garbage bags filled with dirty diapers piled up in the kitchen. Dead animals under the floorboards. 15 years ago neither place was in perfect condition, but they weren't that bad off.

Until... the Renters...

Ad wars.

Sanders & Clinton
IL:
The top state for ad spending is Illinois, where Sanders has invested $2.8 million since March 1, compared to $2.6 million for Clinton.
MO:
Sanders has made a hard late push in the state, spending nearly $1 million on TV ads compared to Clinton’s $373,000. He also vastly outspent Clinton on radio.
In Missouri, Sanders’ spending advantage stands at $1.7 million to $900,000.
NC:
Sanders hasn’t conceded the state: He’s outspent Clinton by more than 3-to-1 on TV in the last week.
In North Carolina, it’s $1.8 million to $600,000.
OH:
Sanders’ commitment to Ohio is clear from its spending: The campaign spent $1,342,971 on TV advertising in the last week, while Clinton's campaign spent $730,984.
In Ohio, it’s $3 million to $1.9 million.
FL:
Even in Florida, where Sanders trails badly, the Vermont senator is spending nearly as much as Clinton, $680,000 to $810,000.

Anti-Trump groups vs Trump:
FL:
The roster of groups playing in Florida is considerable: Conservative Solutions PAC ($7.7 million), Our Principles PAC ($1.7 million), American Future Fund ($3.4 million) and Club for Growth ($1.8 million).
That doesn’t mean the outside attacks are going entirely unanswered: Trump is poised to spend $2.5 million in Florida over the same 15-day period.
OH:
The landscape looks much different in Ohio, where Trump ($1.5 million), Kasich ($800,000) and the pro-Kasich New Day for America ($1.1 million) are the top spenders. Our Principles PAC ($500,000) is also up in the state, but not to the same extent as in Florida.
IL & MO:
The anti-Trump forces have been active there, too, especially in Illinois: Spending from Trump’s rivals and outside groups totals more than $6.7 million in Illinois and $900,000 in Missouri.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-north-carolina-missouri-220637#ixzz42xtqUoWd
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...tting-him-harder-in-ohio-220658#ixzz42xuUGUro

Considering Bernie is running against someone with global name recognition, he damn well better be spending more than her in ads. He can never get enough exposure in such a relatively short period of time.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
2016 is the year rich old white neoconservatives waste 200 million for no reason in the primary and lose to a guy who lent his campaign 25 mil.

CCS

Banned
2016 is the year rich old white neoconservatives waste 200 million for no reason in the primary and lose to a guy who lent his campaign 25 mil.

The Republican primary campaign is a heartwarming underdog story of how a bunch of rich old tossers were defeated by a valiant and determined rich old tosser. Truly the hero of our age.

Cerium

It's not just the money. Trump took out a whole generation of the Republican "deep bench." Most of these dudes will never be heard from again.

CCS

Banned
It's not just the money. Donald "I don't want to use the word 'screwed', but I screwed him" Trump took out a whole generation of the Republican "deep bench." Most of these dudes will never be heard from again.

It exposed the problem with the deep bench: Having 100 useless fuckwits fighting for a position isn't really an improvement on having 4 useless fuckwits fighting for said position.

We're going to pickup a 91 year old lady to go vote. She wanted us there right when the polls open. Refused to vote early or absentee because "That's how they getcha" supposedly.

She now wants to know if we have girlfriends or wives.

CCS

Banned
We're going to pickup a 91 year old lady to go vote. She wanted us there right when the polls open. Refused to vote early or absentee because "That's how they getcha" supposedly.

Have a fun time :p

CNN seriously calling today Super Tuesday again with no irony.

To be fair when your head is as lodged up your arse as theirs are it's hard to keep track of time.

Ahhhh old people.

So cute and curmudgeonly.

North East Ohio about an hour from Cleveland. I told her guns aren't allowed. I don't know if that's true. She asked if I was a fancy man. Is that 90 year old speech for gay? She told kyle she could tell he wasn't but I might be. This woman is awesome. She's voting for Hillary because the old white man don't know her problems. Her words. Not mine.

She also still has her own teeth...something that brings her great pride.

North East Ohio about an hour from Cleveland. I told her guns aren't allowed. I don't know if that's true. She asked if I was a fancy man. Is that 90 year old speech for gay? She told kyle she could tell he wasn't but I might be. This woman is awesome. She's voting for Hillary because the old white man don't know her problems. Her words. Not mine.

She also still has her own teeth...something that brings her great pride.

The sparkly faaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous type!

Okay she's voting. Of course there's no one here at this time. I'm going back home and going to bed. The rest of the people we're taking aren't going until noon or later.

Holy hell she's 97! I thought she said 91. Jesus....Queen can call me anything she wants.

CCS

Banned
Okay she's voting. Of course there's no one here at this time. I'm going back home and going to bed. The rest of the people we're taking aren't going until noon or later.

Holy hell she's 97! I thought she said 91. Jesus....

Good stuff Adam. WERK it for our Queen :D

Yes... yes it is.

My grandma used it to explain my best friend when we were in High School.

"What the hell is a fancy man grandma?"

"You know... a queer... a gay. Like your cousin Vincent."

I love the old conservative style vernacular. My brother doesn't have boyfriends, he has "friends" "special friends".

It took until around 2005 before she stopped calling him a bachelor in public.

Yes... yes it is.

I love the old conservative style vernacular. My brother doesn't have boyfriends, he has "friends" "special friends".

My dad was older. Totally okay with the gay thing but lacked the vocabulary. When I was 13, he introduced my boyfriend of like six days as my life partner.
He'd heard it on Rosie or something.

CCS

Banned
Yes... yes it is.

This is hilarious.

I remember when my great-aunt found out I was bisexual because a family member told her. She was cool with it, but she just didn't understand. I spent about an hour at a family get together trying to explain to her that you can be attracted to guys and girls. Eventually managed to explain it to her using the dessert course.

My dad was older. Totally okay with the gay thing but lacked the vocabulary. When I was 13, he introduced my boyfriend of like six days as my life partner.
He'd heard it on Rosie or something.
HAHAHAHA!

Oh man. You gotta love it.

I mean my grandma didn't mean anything derogatory either, but it's hilarious watching an older person walk a tight rope like that. Trying to get their point across, but not quite having the right words for it.

My little bro also doesn't have a filter, so he occasionally blurts out things like "My little twinkie fuckbuddy."

That can't be good on grandma's heart.

HAHAHAHA!

Oh man. You gotta love it.

I mean my grandma didn't mean anything derogatory either, but it's hilarious watching an older person walk a tight rope like that. Trying to get their point across, but not quite having the right words for it.

My little bro also doesn't have a filter, so he occasionally blurts out things like "My little twinkie fuckbuddy."

That can't be good on grandma's heart.
I learned to develop a filter, but my mom never did. When your mom asks you and your boyfriend "Top or bottom?" you learn to die a little inside. Only made more awkward when I start to answer and she says "Not you, the writings on the wall for that one, dear."

CCS

Banned
I learned to develop a filter, but my mom never did. When your mom asks you and your boyfriend "Top or bottom?" you learn to die a little inside. Only made more awkward when I start to answer and she says "Not you, the writings on the wall for that one, dear."

Your mum is my favourite human being ever.

I think my mum would have been really disappointed if both me and my brother had been straight. She enjoys having a queer son.

That is fucking spectacular.

I'm seriously grinning ear to ear right now.

Saw the Morgan Freeman Hillary ad today when I was out with my wife. North Kansas City area.

Man, how many votes is that silky smooth voice going to produce?

Votes? That voice can produce babies.

The National Review reveals that their problem with Trump isn't the misogyny or the racism or the fascism, just that Trump says he won't let the poor die in the streets (even though his health care plan will allow that).

CdjxUcsUUAAZlBf.jpg

The National Review is full of horrible, sadistic, elitist scum.

I would love to know what Christie is getting for selling his soul to Trump. He looks so miserable every time you see them together.

People talk about how bad it looked when Christie hugged Obama. That man was trying to save his state.

But this? This is pure humiliation. Trump insults him to his face. Doesn't let him have an umbrella. And for what? He has to be gunning for a Cabinet position or Attorney General or something. Because otherwise, he's just a sad sack clown.

This election made me realize Obama was such a perfect husband you could potentially see some ugliness coming from Clinton/Trump supporters on their marriages/sexual advances etc.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He's definitely both gunning for something and a sad sack clown.

I mean the calculation on Christine's part isn't totally off. He's done in politics. His approval rating in NJ is loltastic. His only imprint on this campaign is sinking Marco Rubio. If trump wins, he will get a cush job. If not, he will go to the private sector and be a global affairs advisor for whatever bank his wife works at...just like Kasich, Orszag, and so many others. So in the scheme of things he can't lose. If he were Rubio, obliviously there is a lot to lose. But Christie?

thefro

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/republicans-nomination-trump-cruz-220757?lo=ap_a1

Cruz — Trump’s closest competitor — has been particularly aggressive, launching an ambitious, cross-country effort to influence local Republican Party meetings where delegates to the national convention are being selected. The objective: Ensure that individual states send Cruz-friendly delegates to Cleveland – people who would support the Texas senator in the event no candidate succeeds in reaching the 1,237 magic number on the convention’s first ballot. Under byzantine GOP rules, most of the national delegates are unbound and free to support any candidate following the first round of voting.

The nature of the delegate-selection process — a hyperlocal one that typically begins at the city or county level and is finalized at a state gathering — plays to the strengths of the Cruz campaign, which prides itself on its micro-targeting and number-crunching abilities. Chris Wilson, Cruz’s director of research and analytics, is helping to oversee the push, as is Saul Anuzis, a former Michigan Republican Party chairman who is steeped in the art of contested conventions. Joining them are a smattering of staffers who work the campaign’s political desk.

The campaign has begun screening potentially friendly delegates in Georgia, which will be holding county meetings on Saturday – one step in a multi-stage process in the state where delegates to the national convention are selected. In Virginia, which has already begun holding city and county delegate-selection meetings, former state Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli is helping to spearhead Cruz's activities.

"It's always important to elect conservatives to go to the national convention, but never more so than this year. So much of this process has been, and is still, being carried forward by folks locally,” Cuccinelli, who was involved in a 2009 contested state GOP convention, wrote in an email. “If no one wins on the first ballot, it's critically important that the people who go to Cleveland be strong supporters of Ted Cruz."

Increasingly looking like it'll either be Trump winning outright or Trump or Cruz winning in a contested convention. There will likely be enough delegates loyal to Trump and Cruz to prevent an establishment candidate sneaking in.

This election made me realize Obama was such a perfect husband you could potentially see some ugliness coming from Clinton/Trump supporters on their marriages/sexual advances etc.

That's pretty much certain to happen. We'll most lilely see it coming directly from at least Don, fwiw.

And to be fair, given that Bill is directly involved in the campaign, it is to be expected. You take the bad with the good, after all. Good thing Don is so ridiculously toxic.

CCS

Banned
I just don't see how someone either than Trump/Cruz can be the nominee. Between them they're on course for over 75% of the delegates. If you give it to someone else in that situation you're going to start a riot.

PBY

Banned
It's honestly impressive how they keep managing to get more disgusting.

To the mainstream media, Black Lives Matter’s claims and academic identity politics are not “divisive,” they are simple truth. But if you don’t accept those truth claims — and the data refute them — the vitriolic anti-cop rhetoric of the last year and a half, and its underpinning in academic victimology, easily match the alleged divisiveness of anything that Trump has said.

like come onnn

To the mainstream media, Black Lives Matter’s claims and academic identity politics are not “divisive,” they are simple truth. But if you don’t accept those truth claims — and the data refute them — the vitriolic anti-cop rhetoric of the last year and a half, and its underpinning in academic victimology, easily match the alleged divisiveness of anything that Trump has said.

like come onnn
That is some completely detached from reality bullshit.

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom