• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a damn good plan, and it scares the hell out of me. He could win BIG in Ohio today and be all over the news for the next several days. Maybe that would finally prompt Trump to shoot someone on 5th Avenue just for the headlines, who knows.

Nah it's basically an underpants gnome strategy.

He's somewhat favored to win in OH and he's still in last in PA. Sure maybe if he blew Trump out of the water but that would speak more to a late Trump collapse overall which probably isn't happening and would open the field up to everyone again anyway.

Grief.exe

Fingers crossed for Campaign Finance reform legislation in 2021.

XGtRaWn.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
That's a very politico article. Camp a says x. camp b says x. We won't add any analysis or editorial to tell you anything. Btw here's a quote from an insider we picked up off Twitter.

Splendor

So Hilary got at least one under 25 white male vote in NC. At the polling place I was at they had 3 girls of about my age (20) working at the polling station, but I did not see anyone young people actually voting besides me.
Maybe it is because they work normal hours, unlike me.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Actually, why DID Debbie stretch this out? It would seem to me that putting California late would leave things open to a potential challenger.

This year Super Tuesday seemed less super. I imagine it his has something to do with it.

Brinbe

It'll be super interesting to see if the polls are severely off once again. If not, and Mi's screwy result was a one-off/538's model is right, that kinda portends to a really good night for Clinton. It's petty, but I kinda want a sweep, just for the tears and angst.

Actually, why DID Debbie stretch this out? It would seem to me that putting California late would leave things open to a potential challenger.

This year Super Tuesday seemed less super. I imagine it his has something to do with it.
Perhaps it was that they figured the opposite of the Republicans and Obama benefited from a long primary?

NeoXChaos

Steven DennisVerified account
‏@StevenTDennis
Democrat in Ohio tells @cspan he & 172 other Ds in his county voting for Trump today to divide GOP.
Will vote Hillary/Bernie in November.

well atleast its trump.

pigeon

Banned
I won't comment too heavily on the plausibility of this plan, since we still haven't seen NY and CA polls as far as I know, except to note that it was just last week that Bernie's guy was pushing an entirely different plan about staying competitive and convincing superdelegates to cross over.

It's not a good sign when your plan is changing week to week!
The goalposts keep moving.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
It'll be super interesting to see if the polls are severely off once again. If not, and Mi's screwy result was a one-off/538's model is right, that kinda portends to a really good night for Clinton. It's petty, but I kinda want a sweep, just for the tears and angst.

I want a sweep just to see this thing finished up. All the money going into the Bernie vs Clinton fight could be so much better spent on the General. We've got a Trump to take down, a Supreme Court to secure, and a House and Senate to take back.

I want a sweep just to see this thing finished up. All the money going into the Bernie vs Clinton fight could be so much better spent on the General. We've got a Trump to take down, a Supreme Court to secure, and a House and Senate to take back.
Even if she sweeps, there is no way Bernie drops out. I'd say New York is the earliest that happens. Realistically, it's probably either California or the day she hits the target number.

Drakeon

Even if she sweeps, there is no way Bernie drops out. I'd say New York is the earliest that happens. Realistically, it's probably either California or the day she hits the target number.

California is the last state to vote (along with a few other states, all on the same day), so if Bernie waits til California, he's waiting until all states have voted.

Yup. Anyone who thinks Bernie is going to throw in the towel this week is just as delusional as the Bernie fans they despise.

Hello, everybody.

Guess I'm voting today for the first time in a primary. I don't really know how it works or what I need to do when I go in. I'm voting in Missouri for....one of the Democratic nominees, I guess. I mainly want to vote against Trump.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling

For sure. I know that today won't end it. I just want to see his momentum get crushed. We know she's got it locked up more or less, but I want it to be glaringly obvious.

PBY

Banned
Hello, everybody.

Guess I'm voting today for the first time in a primary. I don't really know how it works or what I need to do when I go in. I'm voting in Missouri for....one of the Democratic nominees, I guess. I mainly want to vote against Trump.

We had people talk about this last 2uesday; I think you should vote for your candidate. If you want to game the election voting for a Cruz or Kasich doesn't do much for you. Do you though.

Hello, everybody.

Are you registered to any party?

Do you like the Dems or GOP?

Do you like Obama?

For sure. I know that today won't end it. I just want to see his momentum get crushed. We know she's got it locked up more or less, but I want it to be glaringly obvious.

Why?

Do you want legal weed?

Hello, everybody.

Bring some form of ID. They'll ask if you want a D or R ballot.

I suggest voting for your candidate.

Hello, everybody.

It likely works just like your general election voting process. Realize it's not directly a vote against Trump (yet). But if you plan on voting Democratic in the general election then you should definitely express your preference for the Democratic nominee.

I don't encourage trying to screw around with the Republican primary if you're not going to vote Republican.

Are you registered to any party?

Do you like the Dems or GOP?

Do you like Obama?
No. I'm not registered to a party. I'll probably register register Democrat, if they register me. I hate the GOP candidates. They are, in the words of Indiana Jones Sr., the s-ch-lime of humanity.

I like Obama.

Do you want legal weed?
Sure.

But yeah, I probably won't try to game it then. It was on my mind, just as a desperate attempt to vote against Trump as hard as possible, but I'll just pick a Dem nominee.

Meowster

Just came back voting for Hillary in MO. There were only a couple of other people ahead of me, young mothers that told me they were voting for Hillary. Mess if you are voting for Bernie Sanders though, he's close to the bottom of the ballot while Hillary is at the very top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom