• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Voted for the Queen!! YAAASSS!!!

Am I doing this right??

Also number 50 for the dems at my polling place.

Hexa

Yo WTF.

GXB1NjD.jpg

https://twitter.com/JenniferEckhart/status/709727915131408387

If Trump doesn't win Florida...

fantomena

Not the point. You acknowledge the victories even if they're "small." You don't just shit on everyone and everything that isn't your definition of perfect. Not when you're trying to be President. If you're a backbench independent Senator, sure have at it.

I would support any agreement that does something with the climate. However, there will be problems if the agreement is too weak.

Meowster

So he's a free-rider.
What would happen to him, party wise, if he becomes President? I rather like him but it seems to him that the Democrats just aren't enough for him currently and he doesn't want to particularly claim them other than getting the momentum to run for President.

Bowdz

How does he expect to win over super delegates when openly saying stuff like that?

He doesn't and he won't.

Btw, I'm at the gym right now and one my co-workers is blasting the GoT theme just as I scrolled past the Hillary gif. Khaleesi's coming back to Westeros.

What would happen to him, party wise, if he becomes President? I rather like him but it seems to him that the Democrats just aren't enough for him currently and he doesn't want to particularly claim them other than getting the momentum to run for President.

He's never been a Democrat. He ran for the Democratic nomination for Senate in Vermont. When he got it, he refused to run as a Democrat. He did that so no one would run against him from the left.

He'd get token support for some of the things he wants to do, but not for others. House and Senate leadership have already said his single payer plan is DOA, for example.

Drek

He would sabotage down-ticket candidates, lose the democrats more seats in the congress and senate not to mention a bloodbath at the state and local levels.

If he managed to beat Trump in the GE he would be isolated from and by congress, achieve nothing, and probably get primaried off the democratic ticket in 2020, at which point he'd run as an independent and the GOP would take the White House due to a split vote.

In short, Sanders is a wrecking ball to the Democratic Party, but he doesn't give a shit because to him they're only marginally better than Republicans, so screw 'em.

PBY

Banned
Jennifer Eckhart ‏@JenniferEckhart 3h
@realDonaldTrump New reports of registered Republicans in Jupiter County being given Independent ballots causing even more voter confusion

Who is she

fantomena

I would assume that of the the reasons Bernie has really never seen himself as a democrat is because that the democrats and republicans were too much alike and he was too lefty for the democrats.

House and Senate leadership have already said his single payer plan is DOA, for example.

Source.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah this has Ted written all over it. I hope they link him to it and jail the fucker for the rest of his senate days.

Worst senator atm.

He's never been a Democrat. He ran for the Democratic nomination for Senate in Vermont. When he got it, he refused to run as a Democrat. He did that so no one would run against him from the left.

He'd get token support for some of the things he wants to do, but not for others. House and Senate leadership have already said his single payer plan is DOA, for example.
I could see him being the next Carter, idealistic but ultimately can't get shit done even with a friendly Congress.

Dem Congress under Bernie would probably take up his issues but ultimately pass stuff similar to what Clinton has proposed on equivalent issues. Single payer lol yeah right. Maybe a public option bill.

If anyone needed any more convincing that the tyler dude is our unskewedpoll hack,
Only one Bernie win in Missouri will not likely lead to any permanent change in the perception of Hillary being the candidate that is destined to win the nomination. Two upsets will likely change the narrative of the presidential race, and bolster Bernie’s image as a threat to the prospect of Hillary being the Democratic nominee. Three upsets tomorrow will likely transform Bernie from “challenger” status to “probable nominee”status,
Bidenthisguy.gif

Why take the chance this time right?
palmballot.jpg

Florida voting fuckery never ends.

:( I'm having flashbacks .Damn you dimpled chads.

I would assume that of the the reasons Bernie has really never seen himself as a democrat is because that the democrats and republicans were too much alike and he was too lefty for the democrats.

Source.

Then it takes a lot of grits to pretend to want to lead the party you secretly despise, and makes it even less likely that a single Superdelegate is going to support you when you've pretty much admitted you're pretty much here to take advantage of us instead of work with us.

Paskil

Source.

Source isn't needed if referencing Republican leadership.

I don't get why Bernie is so against just accepting the label of a democrat.
Runs against his schtick.

He's basically running as a third party candidate, just without being responsible for throwing the election if he loses the primary since he won't be on the ballot in November.

Imagine if Nader ran against Gore and just bowed out.

Katrina Pierson is God:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-sp...ts-those-were-made-as-a-television-character/

Republican Establishment okay with fascism they realize:

Then there was the group who blamed the violence on the the other side. “I just think it’s a poor reflection on the protesters,” said West Virginia’s Shelley Moore Capito. “I think you should be able to have your own political rallies, protest outside. We’ve done it for years like that, calmly and peaceably.”

Alabama’s Richard Shelby blamed the violence on “hard left wing instigators” who trained at “world trade” events.

Utah’s Orrin Hatch, who’s endorsed Florida’s Marco Rubio, came out surprisingly strongly for Trump. “I don’t think [Trump] did anything that caused the violence,” Hatch said. “The people who did it ought to be thrown in jail. We ought to allow presidential candidates whomever they are however much you disagree with them to be able to campaign.”

Even South Carolina’s Lindsey Graham ladled out some blame. “I think it’s an inevitable consequence of the rhetoric that he has used over time. And I think the people at moveon.org are anarchists, so it’s a bad combination.” Graham said.

http://time.com/4259104/donald-trump-violence-rallies-republican-senators/?xid=tcoshare

fantomena

Then it takes a lot of grits to pretend to want to lead the party you secretly despise, and makes it even less likely that a single Superdelegate is going to support you when you've pretty much admitted you're pretty much here to take advantage of us instead of work with us.

That's politics.

I would also say that Bernie is what the democrats are suppose to be.

Trump supporter on MSNBC (late 20ish?)

Q: Do you think Trump has good relationship with minorities?

Supporter: i wouldnt say its a good relationship, but its good for us

wait what sir?

shaking my damn head

Here's the source on Democrats refusing to support his plan:

Democrats are not on board with the tax hikes Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders has proposed to pay for his single-payer healthcare proposal, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Wednesday.

"We're not running on any platform of raising taxes," Pelosi said during a press briefing to launch the Democrats' yearly issues conference in Baltimore, Md. "We do want to have a fairer tax system, and … we hope that we can do that this year."

"He's talking about a single-payer, and that's not going to happen. I mean, does anybody in this room think that we're going to be discussing a single-payer?" she asked. "I've been for single-payer for 30 years, and it is a very popular idea in our country. But we have made a decision about where we're going on healthcare."

"We have a very realistic plan that's out there," she said. "Can it be improved upon? Everything can. But it's no use having a conversation about something that's not going to happen.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/267236-pelosi-distances-dems-from-sanderss-plan-to-raise-taxes

She also said this more recently before one of the debates. It's just not a fight we're going to reopen right now.

Armaros

That's politics.

I would also say that Bernie is what the demcorats is suppose to be.

Which is what bernie says he is above?

Not doing politics as Washington does it?

Also what is this shit about Bernie is the standard for what Democrats should be held against.

The non-democrat who is notable for not being able to work with anyone is held as the standard for nearly 40% of the country?

And with his idea that the democrats are just as bad BUT he wants their votes and support for his legislation? Laughable.

Establishment!

Yeah, an "I'm above both parties because they both suck" sort of statement seems to be the only purpose it serves.

It isn't like a Bloomberg scenario where his views on key wedge issues forced him out of both.

He's made his entire political career more difficult than it needed to be seemingly out of spite.

It's kind of crazy how much shit you can get away with because there's no way to undo anything once the election is over. If the results are always treated as sacrosanct, what's the disincentive to making "mistakes"?

Runs against his schtick.

He's basically running as a third party candidate, just without being responsible for throwing the election if he loses the primary since he won't be on the ballot in November.

Imagine if Nader ran against Gore and just bowed out.

Him not wanting to sacrifice the general and insisting that democrats winning is a necessity is what I think is what makes him not a real third party politician either though.

If its so obvious that beating republicans is the overall real goal, I don't think accepting the label works against his narrative or his identity. Ted Cruz is a Republican but has the same sort of anti-establishment, outsider cred that Bernie has. He didn't need to be an independent to get credibility there

It's kind of crazy how much shit you can get away with because there's no way to undo anything once the election is over. If the results are always treated as sacrosanct, what's the disincentive to making "mistakes"?

Its true that its wrong but its better than the alternative. If you could undo election results in a way that you are suggesting than every time anyone lost, they'd claim they were cheated, and demand a do-over.

Its kind of like in sports. Just because the refs made the wrong call, or if you find one individual player broke the rules or got away with something, you really can't retroactively hand the other team the win once its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom