• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the super high independent vote was factored into late-polling. Same stuff happened in Mich. I'm thinking polls are gonna be right this time.

Which was one of the reasons Kerry lost in 2004. They had exit polls on TV/radio at like 2 PM EST that day saying Kerry was way ahead. I am confident that cost him votes later on in the day.
I hope that doesn't happen this year but I think fear of trump will be too strong to stop that.

Which was one of the reasons Kerry lost in 2004. They had exit polls on TV/radio at like 2 PM EST that day saying Kerry was way ahead. I am confident that cost him votes later on in the day.

Which is why exit polls only ever "characterize" the race nowadays. They don't say who's gonna win, just who's voting. Less revealing. They also don't release information that early in the day.

PBY

Banned
Man 15.6% is no joke.

Anyway, just got back from dropping off one more vote for Glorious God-Queen Hildawg in Hamilton Country.

Yeah, if that 10-20% number is right, thats actually significant. This isn't interview-on-the-street stuff, its actual numbers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm pretty sure the super high independent vote was factored into late-polling. Same stuff happened in Mich. I'm thinking polls are gonna be right this time.

Keep in mind they might have also overcompensated after Michigan as well. We really have no idea at this point.

I doubt the democrats switching over are voting for Kasich. Maybe some of them, but I'd say the majority are voting for Trump.

These are likely people who are in the "Anyone but Hillary" camp or want an anti-establishment candidate in the white house/outsider and think Trump has a better chance than Bernie because hes so far behind

PBY

Banned
^From how I read his tweets, it seemed about half were back and forth R/D.

I doubt the democrats switching over are voting for Kasich. Maybe some of them, but I'd say the majority are voting for Trump.

These are likely people who are in the "Anyone but Hillary" camp or want an anti-establishment candidate white house/outsider and think Trump has a better chance than Bernie because hes so far behind

Naw dude. That makes way too much sense.

Didn't we go over this, how half of these people voted R in 2012 primary so they're probably actually Republicans that switched over in 2008?

Thank goodness. I was wrong about having not registered to vote. I registered in 2012 and forgot. Found my voter ID card. Turns out I didn't find it in the registry because they spelled my name wrong. Goddamn it.

tumblr_nrpmealQQT1qikmd1o2_500.gif

Crocodile

I did my part and voted. Voted for the candidate I think it best qualified to run the country (none of that troll/cross-over bullshit nonsense). Down ballot votes were harder because finding good info on a lot of the candidates was kind of hard.

CCS

Banned
Thank goodness. I was wrong about having not registered to vote. I registered in 2012 and forgot. Found my voter ID card. Turns out I didn't find it in the registry because they spelled my name wrong. Goddamn it.

tumblr_nrpmealQQT1qikmd1o2_500.gif

That's good! Who did you go for in the end?

pigeon

Banned
I called a friend of mine in Ohio and she told me that she rounded up every single Hillary supporter in Cleveland and convinced them to vote for Trump in the primary. Also she says Florida's old Jewish constituency is going to deliver that state for Bernie Sanders.

I called a friend of mine in Ohio and she told me that she rounded up every single Hillary supporter in Cleveland and convinced them to vote for Trump in the primary. Also she says Florida's old Jewish constituency is going to deliver that state for Bernie Sanders.

Ahhhh!!!!!!!!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
What evidence is there that people are voting kasich? Why are people losing their minds again?

I think it's an interesting possibility but there's as much risk in losing among less educated white men as there is reward in assuaging the concerns of the left.

Nate Cohn in response to "What about Warren as Hillary's VP?"

I like how political pundits now (probably correctly?) assume that most uneducated white men just hate everyone other than white men, lol. Warren focuses a tremendous amount on policies that would help uneducated white men, but, she has a vagina so....

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I did my part and voted. Voted for the candidate I think it best qualified to run the country (none of that troll/cross-over bullshit nonsense). Down ballot votes were harder because finding good info on a lot of the candidates was kind of hard.

Down ballot candidates are always a bitch to figure out, especially in a primary. Wish the local newspapers would just put out 100-word or so primers on everyone.

I adked Nate about crossover vote in Michigan's impact
BigDumbBear2:57 PM ETInvalid Date
Nate, how much of an effect did crossover voting have in Mich that adversely affected Clinton?

Nate CohnUpshot Correspondent2:58 PM ETInvalid Date

@BigDumbBear, I really don't know how much it hurt Clinton. I think the assumption is that it hurt her, and I can see why people assume that, but there isn't very much data to back it up.

Haven't gone yet. Waiting for my wife to get home from work and then we're going to go together and vote. I'll probably pick Sanders, but it's honestly an extremely difficult choice for me.

Do you have a moment to talk about our Queen? Perhaps I can sway your vote : holds out a $5 bill : I'ma just leave that right there. Maybe you pick it up. Maybe you don't Who's to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom