• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I highly doubt those 15% early voters are Bernie supporters. Bernie supporters know he needs every last vote to eek out a win against Hilary. it's Hilary's voters who are complacent. We already saw that 7% of democrats voted for the Republicans in the Michigan primary which came out to be around 87k votes. Hilary lost by 25k.

I dont think Hilary losing Ohio or IL by 25k votes will be a big deal in terms of delegates but winning them outright would've forced Bernie to exit the race leaving her with a big war chest to go after Trump in the Spring instead of summer or fall.

/Diablosing.

This guys is so the Trump Supporter I envision in my head:

enhanced-25077-1458009036-1.png

But then again, so is this one:
enhanced-13477-1458009273-8.png

But this one? This one MUST be a troll.

enhanced-29900-1458009228-1.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wearing that bolo and acting like he isn't already trying to get gay married. Girl please.

What evidence is there that people are voting kasich? Why are people losing their minds again?

Twitter speculation assuming people switching over would vote for the most moderate candidate.

That logic doesn't work for a few reasons. If you think Hillary is too conservative it doesn't make sense to jump over and vote for a republican. If you think Bernie is too liberal than it doesn't make sense to switch when you have Hillary.

These people are voting for illogical random reasons. They probably find the car crash just more appealing or they like Trump because he's unlike any other politician and like how out there and different he is.

And MSNBC just proved me right with a single dose of anecdotal evidence. Woman who switched over was asked and said "Trump is the only republican that will get my vote"

Businessman! He's good with money! Jobs!

Cerium

I'm hoping that crossover vote are those Bernie supporters from the Guardian article who stopped lying to themselves and decided to embrace their inner fascist.

And MSNBC just proved me right with a single dose of anecdotal evidence. Woman who switched over was asked and said "Trump is the only republican that will get my vote"

Businessman! He's good with money! Jobs!

Only thing I agree with Rubio on is that Trump is indeed a conman.

We elected one before. It didn't work out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How do people vote for school board heads and local judges? I can never find that much information online.

I can't remember the last time the school board had an election, but for judges there's usually only one guy running for each seat and that guy will take the nomination of both parties.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Is there any reason why they even offer the ballot for people running unopposed? Hell one position did not even have someone running.

And I still took adam's five.

Honestly, though, if you told me Hillary would steamroll Trump, whereas Bernie would just barely edge by in some kind of turtle and the hare race, I'd pick the one who would steamroll Trump.

I was messing with you is all. I like the fact that Sanders's campaign is the NWO for some reason. It entertains me . Good job for stealing Adam's five. He needs not to keep loose change because

A)he'll get PB vodka and we are helping out Kyle because he doesn't like that swill either

B)he needs to donate anymore to Hillary.. Looking out for you Adam. We care.

This guys is so the Trump Supporter I envision in my head:

enhanced-25077-1458009036-1.png

But then again, so is this one:
enhanced-13477-1458009273-8.png

But this one? This one MUST be a troll.

enhanced-29900-1458009228-1.png
Damn.. That's um.. Just damn.

How do people vote for school board heads and local judges? I can never find that much information online.
Star Tribune in MN usually has profiles of like every candidate.

For school board I just vote for anyone who wasn't endorsed by the GOP because SERIOUSLY SCHOOL BOARD IS A FUCKING PARTISAN OFFICE NOW? For the record the DFL does not endorse in school board elections.

User1608

Banned
This primary season has made me really uncomfortable with the friends and coworkers that I thought were cool. And I see we're diablosing.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I called a friend of mine in Ohio and she told me that she rounded up every single Hillary supporter in Cleveland and convinced them to vote for Drumpf in the primary. Also she says Florida's old Jewish constituency is going to deliver that state for Bernie Sanders.
265681d1398449745t-what-whaa-positive-blackberry-mr-burns-excellent-1.jpg

Nate CohnUpshot Correspondent
2:54 PM ET
Invalid Date
The Democrats picked up more newly registered voters, and more voters switched from "no party" to the Democrats. But more voters switched from the Democrats to the Republicans. In the end, it's basically a wash, with the number of Democrats increasing by 37,291 and the number of Republicans increasing by 37,217.

Wouldn't this favor sanders? I mean, "no party" people joining dems means independents joined for Sanders vote.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wouldn't this favor sanders? I mean, "no party" people joining dems means independents joined for Sanders vote.

Not necessarily. Keep in mind that a lot of registered independents are also ex-republicans who were embarrassed about what their party became. It's definitely not bad for him though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't agree it favors sanders. The old voters switching over to R wouldn't vote for Clinton anyway. IMO it's a wash.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But is it better for us? Would we rather have a Trump nomination or a contested convention where it is stolen out from under him?

In all honesty I am not sure. A contested convention would be hilarious in it's own special way, but watching the GOP elite give the nomination to Trump with tears in their eyes, knowing there's nothing they can do to stop him, would also be amazing.

Thing is those are tiny numbers. In '08, 2.3M votes were cast in the Dem primary. Even assuming lower interest this year, you'd expect 1.5M or so to come in.. A 30K swing is barely noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom