• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

Rp0CS5J.jpg

Remember when people expected more from rubio than minnesota and losing his home state?
I like how I and the two people who lost avatar bets to me are in the same post about candidates collapsing.

Crocodile

There's gonna be a Rubio kamikaze while Cruz tries to finish the job. Imagine Goku and Piccolo against Raditz, only instead of Raditz it's Freeza fucking with them.

This mental image is amazing <3

If I'm Trump's advisor, I say this - respond to every single attack, be it on Muslims, Trump steaks, Trump U - WHATEVER - like this:

"I know that Lil Marco and Lyin Ted are really desperate now that I'm coalescing support and clearly up in the polls, but they don't need to stoop to petty attacks like this. I am strong, and I have fired back before, but now is a time for healing. We should unite against Hillary instead of attacking each other. My policy on XYZ is _____________ - .

You know, with Chris Christie in his pocket, I would have thought Trump would have sharpened his debate skills. NOPE. Man, if Trump were even slightly less dumb/lazy/cheap/thin-skinned I would actually be scared of him.

I like how I and the two people who lost avatar bets to me are in the same post about candidates collapsing.
I would have beat you if ben didn't suddenly think it was a good idea to bring up attacking his mom with a hammer. Nostradamus could not have forseen that twist

I can't see him endorsing Rubio. Kasich would probably be his preferred choice, but he doesn't have a shot and a Jeb endorsement would do nothing for him. Lyin' Ted is the only plausible option.

He's not going to endorse anyone other than Cruz when his brother just started working for Cruz's campaign.

Diablos

Seriously?? That's fucking horrible. She's voting for Bernie but hates his Democratic challenger that bad? I'm sorry but that's just really poor. It's not like she was in a photo op with Donald Trump. Why would she even agree to it if she hates Hillary that bad?

Bernie fans are the absolute worst. If I were in a photo op with Bernie I wouldn't trash him after the fact.

This kind of attitude frankly tells me they won't be loyal in November if she gets the nom. There's being bitter but this is just pure sabotage. You don't do this unless you genuinely hate someone.

I don't think Hillary's Obama association will help her in Illinois as much as advertised. She should win the state but there are similarities to Michigan in terms of the manufacturing losses and anger over trade. Then you have Chicago and other cities where Clinton's previous positions on criminal justice are ripe for attack. If I was Sanders' people I'd be tying Clinton to Emanuel 24/7. Nearly half of blacks and Hispanics in the state want him to resign over the police shooting video fiasco/cover up.

If Sanders can run up the white vote while decreasing black turning by driving up Clinton's negatives? Maybe. But still I'd expect the democrat machine there to churn out a win, especially post-Michigan.

Makai

I would have beat you if ben didn't suddenly think it was a good idea to bring up attacking his mom with a hammer. Nostradamus could not have forseen that twist
I bet you AFTER he brought that up. That was the whole reason I knew he would drop!

Hillary lost due to 7% of democrats switching teams to try to stop Trump. As long as they smartened up it shouldn't happen again.

Isn't this debate focused on foreign policy and immigration? so it'll probably go pretty well for Clinton.

nah, it is going to go well for Sanders and his anti-interventionist agenda. That will appeal hispanics, which are the main target of this debate.

Hopefully Sanders talks about Nicaragua and stuff liek that.

All I know is that Clinton is totally getting muddled this time around.

RUTHLESS.

The NYT primary takeaways.
Hillary Clinton Is Shaken and Donald Trump Roars Back
Time to cartoon_soldier.
The Democratic race is stalled

If Mrs. Clinton had crushed Mr. Sanders in Michigan, their contest might have been over in all but name. But his narrow win there ensures the fight will go on.
Diablos away.

Yet in the bigger picture, the basic battle lines of the Democratic race have barely moved in weeks. In Michigan, Mr. Sanders dominated with young voters, independents and white liberals — his core constituencies all along.

Mrs. Clinton handily won partisan Democrats, low-income voters and black voters in Michigan, and routed Mr. Sanders in Mississippi with overpowering black support.

The outcome in Michigan showed how difficult it could be for Mrs. Clinton to knock Mr. Sanders cleanly out of the race, but Mr. Sanders has still not attracted the kind of coalition that would make him a genuine threat to win the nomination.
Oh wait nevermind, nothing has changed really.

I'm sorry but it's laughable to think all 7% were trying to stop Trump. Some of them probably support him.

Well 100k people switched sides roughly, so when you lose by 18k votes it is rational to correlate the 2 things and assume that more than 18k switched to try and stop Trump.

billeh

I don't think Hillary's Obama association will help her in Illinois as much as advertised. She should win the state but there are similarities to Michigan in terms of the manufacturing losses and anger over trade. Then you have Chicago and other cities where Clinton's previous positions on criminal justice are ripe for attack. If I was Sanders' people I'd be tying Clinton to Emanuel 24/7. Nearly half of blacks and Hispanics in the state want him to resign over the police shooting video fiasco/cover up.

If Sanders can run up the white vote while decreasing black turning by driving up Clinton's negatives? Maybe. But still I'd expect the democrat machine there to churn out a win, especially post-Michigan.
Her Rahm associations are what could do her in. His ass is grass in Chicago.

Also the financial troubles the city and state as a whole is having could very well play into the vote. Could play into the city's (mostly unreasonable) fear of going the same way as Detroit.

Diablos

Well 100k people switched sides roughly, so when you lose by 18k votes it is rational to correlate the 2 things and assume that more than 18k switched to try and stop Trump.
Possibly. But not entirely. Even if you're right that's just a dumb fucking tactic.

Everything is dead heat now.
It kind of is if the electorate ends up being like 30% independents like Michigan and he keeps winning like 70% of them.

It means she needs to win circa 60%+ of Democrats to win.

Polling is only as good as how representative it is. And they got it way off in Michigan.

That Bernie supporter bread picture is crazy. The post isn't even political really. fucking Bernie supporters need to class up.

Seeing lots of the bread photo on my FB feed. Really seems to hit a chord with Bernie supporters. I guess it plays right into his message of 'standing up' to the wealthy, entitled establishment.

But in reality she should be saying, "thanks for the compliment and the free publicity!" No one asked who she was voting for.

royalan

The RNC is suing Hillary? Really?

eyeroll.gif

Guess there's no more proof needed that this investigation is not going to lead to an indictment. But anything to keep it going, I guess.

It kind of is if the electorate ends up being like 30% independents like Michigan and he keeps winning like 70% of them.

It means she needs to win circa 60%+ of Democrats to win.

Polling is only as good as how representative it is. And they got it way off in Michigan.

This is a pretty salient point. What's going to matter more when looking at polls in the future is the proportions of the political parties that make up the electorate.

tmarg

That Bernie supporter bread picture is crazy. The post isn't even political really. fucking Bernie supporters need to class up.

It's really not. Her employer doesn't have the right to force her to help promote a candidate she doesn't support. Period.

Seeing lots of the bread photo on my FB feed. Really seems to hit a chord with Bernie supporters. I guess it plays right into his message of 'standing up' to the wealthy, entitled establishment.

But in reality she should be saying, "thanks for the compliment and the free publicity!" No one asked who she was voting for.

She's an employee and they didn't get her permission.

Hills fucked up man. its a minor thing. just accept it and let it go.

Holmes

I wonder if Independents in Ohio will instead vote in the Republican primary for their favorite son Kasich rather than for Sanders.

It's really not. Her employer doesn't have the right to force her to help promote a candidate she doesn't support. Period.

Is that what happened? Did she not know she was serving Hillary and being photographed doing it?

if so I understand that.

Honestly, considering that she widened her delegate lead even more yesterday...

This might be a good thing for Hillary?

Wait, wait, stay with me here. And stop laughing, dammit.

Think about how many Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican primary, or how many Hillary supporters stayed home in Michigan because they thought she had this? With the level of uncertainty surrounding her polling right now, the idea that every vote really does count is going to hold more weight, while at the same time, Sanders' position didn't actually improve measurably.

Wait, what? For what?
Because they allege she has not turned over the emails, text messages, etc to a foia request. They also want to see if mediamatters was in the tank for Hillary in that suit lol

I say this is the best thing that will happen to her. They politicized the fuck out of it now.
She's an employee and they didn't get her permission.

Hills fucked up man. its a minor thing. just accept it and let it go.
You're right. But his point was dont be stuck up. If that were me, and hell if Ted Cruz or Rubio even showed up (let alone Bernie), I wouldn't be a petty little fuck.

Gruco

Banned
You know nothing about Sander's motivations.

That's true. I wasn't trying to comment on his motivations. Only the predictable consequences of his campaign's decisions. There could be any number of reasons he's doing what he's doing.

Frankly, I find this attitude disgusting. Even without the 'I am voting for Bernie' qualifier, or the possibility that her political affiliation may be misconstrued, she has the right to ask for that picture to be taken down if they posted it without her permission.

This is just common sense and I'm frankly surprised that this is even being debated on a forum like neogaf.

Pastry

Banned
I haven't really been keeping up with it but is Michigan now being seen as an outlier and that explains the discrepancy between polling and reality? Or is everyone like who the fuck knows and freakinn out about polling in every other state?

I haven't really been keeping up with it but is Michigan now being seen as an outlier and that explains the discrepancy between polling and reality? Or is everyone like who the fuck knows and freakinn out about polling in every other state?

If other states have an electorate with a significant amount of independents who can vote in the primaries, Michigan may not be an outlier at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom