• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RNC is suing Hillary? Really?

eyeroll.gif

Guess there's no more proof needed that this investigation is not going to lead to an indictment. But anything to keep it going, I guess.

Sounds like the drip drip drip is about to end so they'll be extending it through bullshit litigation. Amazing that the media has played along with this.

I haven't really been keeping up with it but is Michigan now being seen as an outlier and that explains the discrepancy between polling and reality? Or is everyone like who the fuck knows and freakinn out about polling in every other state?
Neither. Seems that the Clinton campaign and Clinton voters got complacent in MI.

Frankly, I find this attitude disgusting. Even without the 'I am voting for Bernie' qualifier, or the possibility that her political affiliation may be misconstrued, she has the right to ask for that picture to be taken down if they posted it without her permission.

This is just common sense and I'm frankly surprised that this is even being debated on a forum like neogaf.

like I said in my last post. I misread the entire situation I thought she was the owner and when I first read it seemed like she setup the meeting then posted after the fact.

I agree if the photograph was posted without her permission I agree with you 100%

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
like I said in my last post. I misread the entire situation I thought she was the owner and when I first read it seemed like she setup the meeting then posted after the fact.

I agree if she was photograph was posted without her permission I agree with you 100%

Why does it matter if she was photographed without her permission?

Neither. Seems that the Clinton campaign and Clinton voters got complacent in MI.

I don't think that tells the whole story. Without the independent support, Bernie wouldn't have won, plain and simple. We can look at the data and know that the independents had a significant effect on the outcome.

Sounds like the drip drip drip is about to end so they'll be extending it through bullshit litigation. Amazing that the media has played along with this.
This is dumb though. They are being nakedly clear that it's no longer about due process but only a witch hunt. I doubt the media outside of morning joe will call it a witchhunt.

Speaking of morning joe can we have a Y2Kev morning joe and mika fanfic with the latest development pks

PBY

Banned
Was todays IL poll posted? Dropped in the morning

1) 2016 Illinois Republican Presidential Primary
Asked of 600 likely voters - republican
Ted Cruz (R) 22%
John Kasich (R) 18%
Marco Rubio (R) 21%
Donald Trump (R) 32%
Undecided/Other 7%

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Because they allege she has not turned over the emails, text messages, etc to a foia request. They also want to see if mediamatters was in the tank for Hillary in that suit lol

I say this is the best thing that will happen to her. They politicized the fuck out of it now.

You're right. But his point was dont be stuck up. If that were me, and hell if Ted Cruz or Rubio even showed up (let alone Bernie), I wouldn't be a petty little fuck.

Seriously, that's fantastic news for the general election.

Now you know how we feel whenever Bernie opens his mouth about GMOs.

You're free to feel however you want, but the situations aren't even remotely comparable.

I agree if the photograph was posted without her permission I agree with you 100%

Ah, I see.

Is that the case? Are any states on the 15th open primaries?

OH, IL, and MO, as far as I know.

Why does it matter if she was photographed without her permission?

Well, it walks a fine line of legality.

It's not exactly illegal to take pictures of people in public, but publishing them can often lead to mischaracterization of the subject(s) in the photo(s), which is why you'd generally want to get their permission first.

There are also different rules depending on if it's a public place or private business, usually determined by local laws. Considering these facts, the general rule of thumb is to ask for permission before taking a picture of someone.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

It's not exactly illegal to take pictures of people in public, but publishing them can often lead to mischaracterization of the subject(s) in the photo(s), which is why you'd generally want to get their permission first.

There are also different rules depending on if it's a public place or private business, usually determined by local laws. Considering these facts, the general rule of thumb is to ask for permission before taking a picture of someone.

This makes more sense to me now, thank you.

Bowdz

This is dumb though. They are being nakedly clear that it's no longer about due process but only a witch hunt. I doubt the media outside of morning joe will call it a witchhunt.

Speaking of morning joe can we have a Y2Kev morning joe and mika fanfic with the latest development pks

If the FBI doesn't recommend an indictment, she'd better use that shit in every answer she gives about the emails in the general. Make it seem as though the GOP is criticizing the FBI if they keep bringing it up.

I don't get this thread title. Somebody explain it to me.

Rubio and Trump have been talking about how hand/finger size can relate to penis size. Michigan is shaped like mittens, and Florida...are you following now?

MI was a big deal last night, and FL is a big deal next week.

Hillary: trampling over your image like she'll trample over the fourth ammendment!

Increased proportion of Ind and Dem complacency are points that would reinforce not contradict each other.

Of course, but there is stronger evidence of the significance of the former than the latter.

With the data we have, we can say with 100% certainty that the independents had a significant effect on the outcome, whereas we can only speculate that some Hillary supporters were complacent and that that complacency affected the outcome, as opposed to simply her supporters changing their minds by either voting for someone else or abstaining from voting, and that having an effect on the outcome.

CdIgYeBWwAAg0SA.jpg

This is fucked up. I really hope they are the people who do not actually vote.

Has there been polling on this before? And have the results changed at all?

https://news.yahoo.com/video/poll-33-sanders-supporters-wouldnt-120220441.html

Exit polls: Half of Clinton's supporters won't back Obama

In a CNN poll released Friday, 60 percent of Clinton supporters said they would vote for Obama, but 17 percent said they would vote for McCain and 22 percent, said they would not vote at all if Clinton were not the nominee.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/08/clinton.voters/

meh. they can keep their vote. they dont care about America or Americans. They just care about their guy winning. Not unlike Trump supporters.

Not necessarily. One does need to dig deeper into that data. For example, if a large share of those 33% consider themselves independent? That's very bad fucking news indeed and such a segment cannot be so simply discarded. Far too risky.

Kusagari

Not necessarily. One does need to dig deeper into that data. For example, if a large share of those 33% consider themselves independent? That's very bad fucking news indeed and such a segment cannot be so simply discarded. Far too risky.

It is interesting to note how much of Bernie's support seems to be predicated on Independents, not actual Democrats. I doubt the Obama/Hillary situation had as many Independents in the mix.

I would say it might make his supporters not backing Hillary a bigger issue.

Oltsu

Banned

Yeah I did know about the Obama vs. Clinton situation back in the day but I was thinking about polls specific to this Sanders vs. Clinton race because I think the situations aren't actually all that similar.

Hillary's strongest backers in 2008 were almost definitely hardcore dems and she supported Obama really hard after she lost. So it was easy to frame the situation for those disgruntled backers as "dems need your votes".

But what if a large portion of those sanders voters actually hate the DNC and aren't actually strong dems at all? That same line of thinking possibly wont work in that case.

So I was just thinking whether that number has gotten worse or better in the last 4-2 months.

This is fucked up. I really hope they are the people who do not actually vote.

They're young people, and young people bask in ideology and petty foot-stomping when they don't get their way. Most people espousing this view are too young to remember when ideology led young people to vote for Nader over Gore and we ended up with 8 years of the worst kind of fuckery. People who lived through the Great Depression were great at saving money. People who lived through Bush v Gore know that it's prudent to vote for an imperfect candidate to help stop something terrible. I guarantee you if these young people follow through on this line of thinking and they end up with President Trump, they'll never make that mistake again (mainly because Supreme Chancellor Trump will do away with that pesky institution of "voting"). Wisdom comes through mistakes, and a lot of these Bernie supporters haven't lived long enough to learn the lessons that can only be taught through catastrophe.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Nope. She doesnt need their vote. ABC poll today had her beating Trump by nearly 10 points.

That said, should this matchup come about, the current advantage is Clinton’s. She leads Trump by 50-41 percent in vote preference among registered voters, her widest advantage in three ABC/Post polls since September.

Clinton -– like Obama -– maintains a large advantage among nonwhites, 73-19 percent. Combining these results with December’s for adequate sample sizes, that’s 86-9 percent among blacks and 70-25 percent among Hispanics.

Bernie supporters who wont for the democrat nominee are people who arent traditionally democrat i suppose. if they were, they would vote for a democrat. these guys are bandwagon fans who likely never went to the polls before bernie anyway.

She's won big bad moderates that made up a third of the Dem electorate in Michigan. Trump took about a third of the less than quarter of those that identified as moderate on the GOP side.

So I'm not sure a freak out over stubborn hyperpartisans is needed.

Holmes

Now that Sanders has won Michigan, the only reason Clinton is still ahead is because of superdelegates! Undemocratic!

Yeah I did know about the Obama vs. Clinton situation back in the day but I was thinking about polls specific to this Sanders vs. Clinton race because I think the situations aren't actually all that similar.

Hillary's strongest backers in 2008 were almost definitely hardcore dems and she supported Obama really hard after she lost. So it was easy to frame the situation for those disgruntled backers as "dems need your votes".

But what if a large portion of those sanders voters actually hate the DNC and aren't actually strong dems at all? That same line of thinking possibly wont work in that case.

So I was just thinking whether that number has gotten worse or better in the last 4-2 months.

I get what you mean but, like SlimySnake showed, it's not affecting her GE polling much yet. Maybe 33% of Sanders supporters in the Dem primary isn't that big of a number. Maybe Republicans who won't vote for Trump cancel them out. Who knows.

Fuchsdh

Trump and Hillary is still meeting their targets to get the required delegates. It's so annoying yet amusing.

The best part is the author (rightfully) chastises Hillary for trying to act like the nom is all sewn up when more states have to vote... but the entire headline and the core of the piece is that Hillary is over now. I can't even

PBY

Banned
Byron YorkVerified account
‏@ByronYork
Rubio stadium event in Hialeah. Stands empty; crowd in one end zone.
CdIy-5XW0AA2quw.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The best part is the author (rightfully) chastises Hillary for trying to act like the nom is all sewn up when more states have to vote... but the entire headline and the core of the piece is that Hillary is over now. I can't even

Well, it kind of is all sown up. The sort of wins Bernie needs to overtake her are essentially impossible.

PBY

Banned
Anthony Linares
‏@ant1313_anthony
Megyn Kelly just showed up #RubioRally #Florida #Republicans

She's an employee and they didn't get her permission.

Hills fucked up man. its a minor thing. just accept it and let it go.
Yeah that is not How it works with public figures especially when the lady was not identified in the picture. Unless the lady provides proof that her employer threatened her if she did not pose the picture she has no legal standing to have that photo removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom