• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ted Cruz will run again.

Nobody likes Ted Cruz :/

Honestly I don't know what's happened to the Republican party. The only person I like in the party right now is Paul Ryan. Their governors have been disasters (Jindal, Synder, LePage). Congress is a mess.

A lot of my conservative friends are at a loss too. They don't like Trump so they have no idea whom to vote. I think a lot of them will stay home in November. Some of them might actually go for Hillary. And I had one friend tell me she would vote Bernie over any of the GOP candidates.

I sorta hope they don't bite on Garland and Hillary can put up someone more progressive, but I haven't looked at the upcoming cases to be heard by the court over the next year and considered the implications of that

There are some really crucial issues coming before the court in the next year or two. I'm not going to try to read Obama's mind but getting a majority on these issues would be incredibly important:

1. Obama's greenhouse gasses regulations.
2. State level abortion restrictions.
3. Several gerrymandering cases
4. Voter ID law stuff
5. The Friedrichs case that would gut public employee unions.

If Garland can flip the court on all of the above, I'd call that a win.

Slacker

BTW, calling Obama's decisions 11th dimensional chess may really be a mistake.

What we need is a term for the GOP decisions being 11th dimensional chess...only in reverse.

I have no idea what this is but it needs a name.

Obama is playing checkers. Republicans are playing Cow Bingo.

This puts things in perspective for those who still don't get it:

Cdsj7bkWwAAWWP4.jpg

What we need is a term for the GOP decisions being 11th dimensional chess...only in reverse.

Imaginary numbers Yhatzee

1-Dimensional Hopscotch

Cosmic string fragment jumprope

Quantum Twister

Rock, Paper, Null Scissors

I doubt any of these jokes will land, but they amused me personally...and getting to watch history as its happening while the GOP implodes is super fascinating to the historian in me.

I forgot who said it but they've basically wolves licking a knife. You don't need to hunt them, just leave the knife upright in the snow and they'll kill themselves.

The thing that amazes me is the glee they display as they walk into traps. There's definitely some Team Rocket shit going on here. They truly think they're going to win every time.

If anything we'll be disappointed with whoever Hillary replaces RBG with when she retires.

Hmm.....starting to contemplate the idea of Hillary for the next 4 years.....

Well, we survived 8 years of Bush. I guess we can survive 4 years of Hillary.

The bigger problem is if Trump doesn't win, who does the GOP have left for 2020? All of their "deep bench" turned out to be joke candidates.

I hope it's Tom Cotton. I want to see a Rubio 2.0 crash and burn again.

Imaginary numbers Yhatzee

1-Dimensional Hopscotch

Cosmic string fragment jumprope

Quantum Twister

Rock, Paper, Null Scissors

I doubt any of these jokes will land, but they amused me personally...and getting to watch history as its happening while the GOP implodes is super fascinating to the historian in me.
Impossible games, uh...Content rich street fighter V

NeoXChaos

Desperate. Just admit the end is near already. Stooping to the bottom of the totem poll just makes you look delusional.

Alex Seitz-Wald ‏@aseitzwald 4m4 minutes ago
Weaver condemns alleged "media drumbeat to essentially disenfranchise half the voters in this Democratic primary and caucus system."

On "Path Forward" call, Sanders strategist Tad Devine notes pledged delegates are not always obligated to vote as pledged...

Interesting for them to use the strategy of "maybe Hillary will just drop out and her delegates will be free to switch." Or did Devine follow that up with "some of these delegates have lovely families... would be a shame if something happened to them."?

HylianTom

Banned
Such bullshit. Populist message until it's inconvenient and then he is immediately willing to fuck with the will of voters. Superdelegates suck! Oh they might help us win maybe....Nevermind just this one time! Hypocritical to the extreme.
Speaking of "will of the voters," Nate Cohn has tweeted this statistical tidbit:
By my count, Clinton leads by a 58-40 margin in the Democratic popular vote, 8.5 million to 5.9 million. ~the same as delegate margin.

I don't have a problem with him staying in. He's not doing anything worse than the antics Hillary pulled in the spring and middle of 08.

The thing that does make me upset, and this applies to losing candidates in general, is that he's still soliciting money from people who can't really afford to waste money. I browse the Sanders reddit every now and then and it's full of people saying they're giving their fast food/retail checks to him, praying for a win. I hate seeing that. Sanders has more than enough money and he can't win. Stop asking poor people for money.

Speaking of "will of the voters," Nate Cohn has tweeted this statistical tidbit:

Isn't virtually every contest a proportional delegate appointment on the Dem side? You would expect that to result in proportional appointment of delegates when taken in aggregate. The only state that only awarded delegates to one person was Vermont and that was in Bernie's favor, so if anything, he should be slightly ahead of the proportional representation count.

Clinton swept all 5 states when 3 of them looked rocky.
And Rubio, one who at least appeared to be an electable Republican, dropped out

In terms of what was realistic, it probably couldn't have gone better for her last night.

I don't have a problem with him staying in. He's not doing anything worse than the antics Hillary pulled in the spring and middle of 08.

The thing that does make me upset, and this applies to losing candidates in general, is that he's still soliciting money from people who can't really afford to waste money. I browse the Sanders reddit every now and then and it's full of people saying they're giving their fast food/retail checks to him, praying for a win. I hate seeing that. Sanders has more than enough money and he can't win. Stop asking poor people for money.

Honestly, I wish people would stop taking the Sanders subreddit so seriously. On any given day, 70% or more of the shit posted there is hyperbolic nonsense, much like the rest of reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom