• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long Island area is going wild for Trump lol Cruz has no chance. If Cruz is really polling that high in the California primary, I'll register just to vote against him.

Makai

Like did Ted and Kasich have something better to do? Are they going to pull a Huckabee/Santorum and show up at AIPAC with Trump?

Lol why would Kasich drop out of the debate? He doesn't want to debate Cruz one on one? Sounds like he's getting scared of being found out as a phony.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Lol why would Kasich drop out of the debate? He doesn't want to debate Cruz one on one? Sounds like he's getting scared of being found out as a phony.

Or creeping people out more.

Like did Ted and Kasich have something better to do? Are they going to pull a Huckabee/Santorum and show up at AIPAC with Trump?

Without Trump there to look like a clueless, bullying clown, they stand no chance of actually shifting the race in any substantial way.

What Kasich is angling for is beyond me. I can't imagine him being Trump's VP, so is he hoping he can have just enough to put Cruz over the top and maybe be VP or Secretary of State or something like that?

Kasich will be the last, best of the Establishment spoilers in this primary.

He already is, isn't he ? Or are we counting Cruz as Establishment now ?

I think Kasich is angling for a Convention Nomination on the grounds of being the Least Obviously Insane Candidate Standing.

Holmes

Trump would definitely play well in western upstate New York and Long Island, as well as the NYC burbs, not to mention NYC itself. I see Kasich having a better night in New York than Cruz because I see him doing well in North Country (if the Vermont results are anything to go by).

Makai

Without Drumpf there to look like a clueless, bullying clown, they stand no chance of actually shifting the race in any substantial way.

What Kasich is angling for is beyond me. I can't imagine him being Drumpf's VP, so is he hoping he can have just enough to put Cruz over the top and maybe be VP or Secretary of State or something like that?
Trump was hurt by the last debate he skipped and even lost Iowa.

ivysaur12

Banned
I don't believe for a minute that California Republicans are Cruz Republicans.

Kasich will spoil Orange County, Cruz maaaaybe will take parts of the Inland Empire (maybe), but Trump is going to play VERY well in Republican strongholds and will probably take many Dem CDs in cities with low GOP voter reg.

Trump was hurt by the last debate he skipped and even lost Iowa.

Eh, Trump was always going to lose Iowa, despite what the polls suggested. He has nearly zero ground game, whereas Cruz's campaign is rooted almost entirely in ground game, which is why he's done so well in caucuses all over the place, geographically.

Holmes

I don't believe for a minute that California Republicans are Cruz Republicans.

Kasich will spoil Orange County, Cruz maaaaybe will take other parts of the Inland Empire (maybe), but Trump is going to play VERY well in Republican strongholds and will probably take many Dem CDs in cities with low GOP voter reg.
Trump has definitely done well in Dem strongholds in Michigan and Illinois (and would have in Ohio without Kasich...you know, he definitely would've broken 50% without Kasich).

ivysaur12

Banned
Trump has definitely done well in Dem strongholds in Michigan and Illinois (and would have in Ohio without Kasich...you know, he definitely would've broken 50% without Kasich).

The few angry white voters who live in heavily black and Latino CDs in LA are going to going to flock to Trump. And the RNC stupidly decided to award each CD the same amount of delegates regardless of how many Republicans were in the CD.

Maybe Kasich does well in Tech Bro San Jose. Or not! I could also see them loving the machismo of Trump.

Everything's going well here:

Cdr6q9yWAAADPv9.jpg

Everything's going well here:

Cdr6q9yWAAADPv9.jpg

Not necessarily as bad as you're implying. One of the consequences of calling Trump a racist / White Supremacist is that people will be looking into precisely what that means, which is given to drive a lot of interest in things that are related (like Stormfront). The whole white race thing is transparently moronic though, given how little of freaking Western Europe would have been considered "white" pre-WW1.

Even Stormfront doesn't seem entirely sure if "White" means Nordic, British or Gemanic appearance wise and is largely unified by hatred of anyone with a skin tone darker than {$MediterraneanCountry}

The few angry white voters who live in heavily black and Latino CDs in LA are going to going to flock to Trump. And the RNC stupidly decided to award each CD the same amount of delegates regardless of how many Republicans were in the CD.

Maybe Kasich does well in Tech Bro San Jose. Or not! I could also see them loving the machismo of Trump.

Yeah, it's funny how there's so much complaining on the Democratic side about "red states have too much influence" (lol) but the rules on the Dem side actually weigh states/CDs so that each vote holds roughly equal value...then meanwhile the GOP rules ACTUALLY give Republicans in deep blue CDs more weight.

"White genocide" is a pretty popular Google search in Washington and Oregon, Trump gunning for some victories there even despite Cruz's home turf advantage.

"Muslim terrorism" is a really popular term in Florida. Finally, Trump's dominance in Florida explained.

Holmes

Yeah. I can see Trump dominating SoCal, the Central Valley and the northernmost region of the state. Bay Area and the mid coastline could be competitive with all three candididates. I think California is a lot better for Trump than people believe.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Eh, Trump was always going to lose Iowa, despite what the polls suggested. He has nearly zero ground game, whereas Cruz's campaign is rooted almost entirely in ground game, which is why he's done so well in caucuses all over the place, geographically.

Not to mention the Fox debate he didn' skip resulted in Cruz almost swiping the bags on him with Trump margins in victory being extremely small. He doesn't need to appear on Fox debates period.

Yeah, it's funny how there's so much complaining on the Democratic side about "red states have too much influence" (lol) but the rules on the Dem side actually weigh states/CDs so that each vote holds roughly equal value...then meanwhile the GOP rules ACTUALLY give Republicans in deep blue CDs more weight.

Republicans tilt the state level delegates rather than CD delegates (you get bonus delegates at the state level for being Red in a variety of ways (State Houses (including Governor) + Bonus for Double Threat, Presidential Vote, etc)).

ivysaur12

Banned
Yeah. I can see Trump dominating SoCal, the Central Vary and the northernmost region of the state. Bay Area and the mid coastline could be competitive with all three candididates. I think California is a lot better for Trump than people believe.

I don't understand why Cruz believes it's friendly territory. Unless because he has to believe it is.

Republicans tilt the state level delegates rather than CD delegates (you get bonus delegates at the state level for being Red in a variety of ways (State Houses (including Governor) + Bonus for Double Threat, Presidential Vote, etc)).

Yes they get bonus delegates but consider that the initial allocation of state delegates favors BLUE states by not taking into account what amount of the state actually votes Republican.

Of course, the Republican bonus delegate allocation is rather binary unlike the Democrats' system (which leads to hilarious things like NC>Ohio in delegates off about a ~4% difference in 2012 election margin), but still.

Yeah. I can see Trump dominating SoCal, the Central Vary and the northernmost region of the state. Bay Area and the mid coastline could be competitive with all three candididates. I think California is a lot better for Trump than people believe.

Oh man Trump is made for CA. The Inland counties are exactly his demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom