• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

TWv813s.jpg

I mean, I'd understand some outrage if Bernie were winning the pre-super delegate count and only gonna lose the nom because of supers, but that isn't even remotely close to the case

I bet TYT made that image

Paskil

I was playing Rocket League online earlier with my brother and I got a text from one of my previous coworkers that is deep in the Bernie hole. It's the "I love country music" shirt with Hillary's face in the middle. I groaned and he asked what was up. I explained to him how salty she was and how she was absolutely sure Bernie still had a path forward. My brother and sister-in-law are both crazyish Bernie supporters (Hillary should be in prison) and he started talking about how he couldn't understand how people would vote against their interests, etc. etc. and I called him out as a racist fuckwad. I proceeded to ream him because he would be a huge asshole if someone dared to presume to know what's best for him. I asked him how he thinks black people feel when someone tries to explain to them why they need to vote Bernie and that they're just trying to tell them what's in their best interests.

He posted the picture on Facebook an hour later. She sent it to him after me.

He knows he's a racist fuckwad tho.

Bernie's campaign wasn't good enough because he's an ideologue. He can't build a coalition because he doesn't care about building a coalition.

Numerous people have numerous different interests and you have to represent enough of them in order to gain enough confidence in people. Bernie doesn't care to do that. He has his own interests and goals. And that's fine, but you won't win shit like that.

Honestly, the only reason Bernie has been somewhat successful is because Hillary is tired, old news and young people don't care to know about Clinton, don't understand politics in any way, and are disappointed by Obama because they didn't really live through W. Bush (of an age that matters).

If Obama were running for the first time today against Bernie, Bernie would be a footnote already. Obama was amazing at building coalitions. So was Reagan. So was JFK. Bernie is not them.

And at the end of the day, if you want to be a leader, you need to be able to lead a coalition.

On a scale of one to Marco Rubio, how much have you had to drink tonight?
One. Alcohol tastes like cough medicine to me. You can only talk about hillarys delegate lead for so many hours of the day. So much to do so much to see so whats wrong with takin' the backstreets?

I never wann ahear you sayyy, im voting for hillleray

Paskil

I emailed Ron Johnson and told him he needs to do the right thing to lobby his Republican colleagues on the Judiciary committee to have hearings and a vote on Merrick Garland. I demanded that he cannot shirk his responsibility to his constituents, the constitution, and the American people if he wants to continue to be my Senator. Of course, I didn't mention that I voted for Russ in 2010 and plan to do so again later this year.

And because I've had a few beverages and don't normally do the hashtag thing, #doyourjob.

Bernie's campaign wasn't good enough because he's an ideologue. He can't build a coalition because he doesn't care about building a coalition.

Numerous people have numerous different interests and you have to represent enough of them in order to gain enough confidence in people. Bernie doesn't care to do that. He has his own interests and goals. And that's fine, but you won't win shit like that.

Honestly, the only reason Bernie has been somewhat successful is because Hillary is tired, old news and young people don't care to know about Clinton, don't understand politics in any way, and are disappointed by Obama because they didn't really live through W. Bush (of an age that matters).

If Obama were running for the first time today against Bernie, Bernie would be a footnote already. Obama was amazing at building coalitions. So was Reagan. So was JFK. Bernie is not them.

And at the end of the day, if you want to be a leader, you need to be able to lead a coalition.
Someone is probably gonna post some spiel about all the Consequential Amendments he's passed as an indication that he can totes build coalitions, as if congressional leadership doesn't have a lot more to do with those even being considered let alone whipped into passing.

Or at least they would if this wasn't PoliGAF and also half of SandersGAF didn't feel the need to get themselves banned at the worst possible time.

One. Alcohol tastes like cough medicine to me. You can only talk about hillarys delegate lead for so many hours of the day. So much to do so much to see so whats wrong with takin' the backstreets?

I never wann ahear you sayyy, im voting for hillleray

Do you know how long I've waited to talk about Hillary having a delegate lead!? I'll be talking about this shit at her inauguration.....in 2021.

Also, Nsync is superior to Backstreet. Get it right.

Someone is probably gonna post some spiel about all the Consequential Amendments he's passed as an indication that he can totes build coalitions, as if congressional leadership doesn't have a lot more to do with those even being considered let alone whipped into passing.

Of course, that's not coalition building.

As I've said in the past, there isn't necessarily a bad thing. Ideologues have their place. Bernie can push legislation in the areas he cares about and he should. But he can't lead different interests.

When I see Bernie, I see someone who sees things only one way and that person can't lead me.

ixw5pBX.gif

Oh no you didnt, betch.
I want it that way shits on nsyncs entire catalogue put together, bye bye bye is bubblegum trash

I'ma let you be wrong all you want because this is America, and you have the right to be wrong. Clearly. But "Space Cowboy' is the best boy band song of the early 2000s. So, you know.

giphy.gif

Also, the first date I ever went on was at a skating rink. They had a couples skate and the boy I went with (we were like 13) asked them to play "God Must Have Spent a Little More Time On You." And they tried to not let he and I skate together. My mom went out in the middle of the rink and cussed out the 19 year old kid who worked there.

She also fell flat of her ass on the way back to her seat....

Kangi

Also, the first date I ever went on was at a skating rink. They had a couples skate and the boy I went with (we were like 13) asked them to play "God Must Have Spent a Little More Time On You." And they tried to not let he and I skate together. My mom went out in the middle of the rink and cussed out the 19 year old kid who worked there.

She also fell flat of her ass on the way back to her seat....

I live for stories like this.

Probably because I'm incredibly bitter that I've grown up in too homophobic an area to ever feel comfortable pursuing a relationship even now, let alone at freakin' 13.

Everybody needs a mother like yours.

ixw5pBX.gif

Oh no you didnt, betch.
I want it that way shits on nsyncs entire catalogue put together, bye bye bye is bubblegum trash
Ty for the backup metsfan

I'd agree with this. I want it that way is Epic. Probably better than any individual N'sync song. But I'd say N'sync is probably more enjoyable overall

I live for stories like this.

Probably because I'm incredibly bitter that I've grown up in too homophobic an area to ever feel comfortable pursuing a relationship even now, let alone at freakin' 13.

Everybody needs a mother like yours.

: hugs :

I'm sorry. I lived in a homophobic area too (Central Florida). I was bashed when I was 14 so bad my kidney shut down for a while. I know how scary it can be. Just do you, though. Period. And then vent to me if anyone gives you shit. I take names, bitch. I take all the names.

All you Backstreet people. I thought I knew people up in here. Thought I could trust people. You can't anymore. I'm disgusted and disappoint.

I am disappoint.

The truly dumb people on the hard left hate Obama and Hillary more than life itself.

*Obama nominates a pretty good judge in a good political move*

Rolling stones writers: "SECRET REPUBLICAN SELLING OUT AMERICA AGAIN, OBAMA ALWAYS LOSES TO REPUBLICANS EVERY TIME."

Why is the Rolling Stones hiring these people that are identical to the the incredibly dumb Republicans in rhetoric?

The thing about the hard left and hard right is that both sides think that their side is always losing badly and they think that their side has way more power, that they aren't using because reasons, than in reality.

Well at least we can all agree that if N'sync doesn't get the nom, well all vote for the Backstreet Boys in november. Unless you want a Color me Badd presidency.

Hopefully Justin doesn't run as an independent and screw us over.

I love that version of that song so damn much.
My girlfriend absolutely hates it though. Its causing a rift between us

I feel you. Kyle told me he only moderately likes Panic! at the Disco. I want us to go into therapy, but he's being an idiot about it.

Has anyone played The Political Machine 2016? I saw it online and I was thinking aboug getting it.

He's credited with shaping Obama's entire second term domestic agenda. The only area of weakness he has is foreign policy, but with the right advisers I think it would be alright.

Perez would be a very substantial pick in my view, much more about substance than personality. I would say he's about as ready to be President as any of the other plausible picks you could name.
Is there a basis to the bolded?

He has never held elected office in any legislative or governing position. He has not governed in any broad capacity. It feels basically like saying any technocrat wonk academic could assume the role really.

He's a more substantial pick than some names thrown around. But that says more about those latter names.

Tamanon

Banned
If we're just throwing wonks who may or may not speak Spanish, let's just get Matt Yglesias as VP.

At least work might be done on public transport!

If we're just throwing wonks who may or may not speak Spanish, let's just get Matt Yglesias as VP.

At least work might be done on public transport!

A guy who, to be a contrarian, supported a fascist for 7 months later talking about getting the trains to run on time would be bad optics though.

Cerium

Is there a basis to the bolded?

He has never held elected office in any legislative or governing position. He has not governed in any broad capacity.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/tom-perez-veep-cabinet-220704

He’s adored in the White House, where he’s been a main player in crafting the Obama second-term domestic agenda

I really think you're only writing him off because he hasn't run for anything and because his name isn't well known; two things that tell you nothing about how he'd govern. Managing the Labor Department is comparable to the bureaucracy of a small state, and a lot of Obama's executive actions related to federal contractors (a good portion of what he's accomplished in his second term) goes through Perez. A cabinet secretary has to be able to forge relationships with the Governors and state officials they work with; he's clearly been able to do that.

He's smart, well versed in policy and law, an effective and successful executive, a chief architect of Obama's domestic agenda. I would have absolutely no qualms about making him President (as long as he has a strong Secretary of State). If we're being perfectly objective here, his resume is far more qualified than Obama's was in 2008.

Anyone watching Inside Obama's White House on the BBC? It's a four part series.

Is it available online? I hate being a cord cutter sometimes.

Edit: BAH! BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only. Find out why.
If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom