• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1608

Banned
This woman on MSNBC spitting truth about how she doesn't get how people can support Trump without buying into his "deport all the people" anti-women shit.

Yas ma'am, you silver haired goddess. Yasssss.
Because people are jerks or worse. I've lost respect for many a friend this year.

If Bernie's people want to start calling Ohio part of the confederacy that isn't going to sit well here.

Stop trashing states that you lost, assholes.

ampere

This woman on MSNBC spitting truth about how she doesn't get how people can support Trump without buying into his "deport all the people" anti-women shit.

Yas ma'am, you silver haired goddess. Yasssss.

Because Trump is "just kidding" about the negative women stuff. According to some of his supporters at least

NeoXChaos

fbw5uhl.jpg

Allard

If Bernie's people want to start calling Ohio part of the confederacy that isn't going to sit well here.

Stop trashing states that you lost, assholes.

I'm pretty sure given the people who run that organization that there will be hell to pay once more news gets out on what was previously and the 'apology'. I'm pretty sure not everyone in that group is a fervent Bernie supporter and even if they were they would not want that language attached to anything they use. I mean one of the main supporters of that group is Maxine Waters who was one of the first people to endorse Hilary Clinton.

Man, the Democratic Party is going to look rock solid compared to the clownbusfire that is GOP in november. You will have the leader of the party, Presidente Obama calling for unification, the Big Dog flank his left and Bernie flank his right. Then you have the entire party leadership from DWS down to local party chair riding the Hillary/Perez 2016 ticket.

Bowdz

And from PPP
Will Trump/Cruz take McCain down with them this Fall?

HOLY FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!

I would have never possibly imagined that Iowa and Arizona could be contested Senate races (albeit HIGLY unlikely that they flip). Just to indulge a little, what would the Senate makeup be if the Dems sweep all of the races that are deemed toss up plus AZ and IA? Would it be 55-45?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
OMG. Yes. Please. Take him down. He deserves more punishment for Palin...and a lot of other shit. I want a blue wave in November, with Queen riding the glorious charge. Yaaasss
"Riding the Blue Wave" is sexist since most feminine hygiene commercials use blue liquid to advertise their absorptiveness.

I would have never possibly imagined that Iowa and Arizona could be contested Senate races (albeit HIGLY unlikely that they flip). Just to indulge a little, what would the Senate makeup be if the Dems sweep all of the races that are deemed toss up plus AZ and IA? Would it be 55-45?
Best case scenario (unless shit really goes down) would be 57-43

Hold everything (NV, CO)
WI
IL
NH
PA
FL
OH
NC
MO
AZ
IN
IA

Those are all the races that are likely to be at least somewhat competitive.

Dems do have candidates in KY, AR and GA but they're not huge opportunities.

It would be something like this. If Grassley is falling so is probably Blunt.

Obama being pretty candid in private to his donor base. What's the youngest a President has been post-tenure? He's going to continue to have a lot of clout for like 30 years.

MO, NC, IN, IA, and AZ aren't toss-ups but they're 'winnable'. If Dems win those plus actual toss-ups/lean Ds like OH, FL, NV, CO, WI, IL, and NH that's 57 seats.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Obama being pretty candid in private to his donor base. What's the youngest a President has been post-tenure? He's going to continue to have a lot of clout for like 30 years.
to be fair so does Reagan 30 years+ on, and he isn't even alive anymore. Best living post presidential tenure is Carter easily.

NeoXChaos

The convention will be great. I'm sure Hillary will give the best speech she's ever given in her life. Obama's going to put Hillary's name into nomination. Bill's going to light the fireworks for us for the first night as presidential spouse.

After the clown show that will be the previous week we need some cleansing.

The convention will be great. I'm sure Hillary will give the best speech she's ever given in her life. Obama's going to put Hillary's name into nomination. Bill's going to light the fireworks for us for the first night as presidential spouse.
What's her current best speech in your (or the HillHive's) opinion?

So my mom keeps on freaking out about Trump because of the people switching from Dem to Republican before the primary.

She's legit terrified that Trump is going to win the general election even though I've tried to explain to her multiple times the general election layout, minority vote, the GOP intentionally trying to deny him the primary, the down ticket seats being told to distance themselves...

Yea, she's thinks I'm wrong and that I'm "treating her like an idiot", anyone have other sources or articles/numbers to show her so I don't have to listen to her freak out every time we listen to the nightly news during dinner, I'm not going to be able to stay sane listening to the same freakout for the next six months.

PBY

Banned
So my mom keeps on freaking out about Trump because of the people switching from Dem to Republican before the primary.

She's legit terrified that Trump is going to win the general election even though I've tried to explain to her multiple times the general election layout, minority vote, the GOP intentionally trying to deny him the primary, the down ticket seats being told to distance themselves...

Yea, she's thinks I'm wrong and that I'm "treating her like an idiot", anyone have other sources or articles/numbers to show her so I don't have to listen to her freak out every time we listen to the nightly news during dinner, I'm not going to be able to stay sane listening to the same freakout for the next six months.

Every single bit of GE polling?

studyguy

My girlfriend is equally terrified of the guy.
Dude has a lot of people who otherwise don't care two licks about politics absolutely shook. More incentive to drive people to the polls I'd say.

It's a legit real thing that people are anxious about. She's right to be anxious because there's a very real possibility of it. If I was you, I'd try to help her distract herself from the election as much as possible. Avoid the news media.

shem935

Banned
Uh..weren't the Federalists the exact opposite of a small government party?

Yes. Everything is relative obviously but in their time they argued for ratification of the Constitution and the creation of a stronger national government when they officially became a party following ratification.

Probably my favorite line Hillary has ever delivered in a speech:

Although we weren't able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling this time, thanks to you, it's got about 18 million cracks in it, and the light is shining through like never before, filling us all with the hope and the sure knowledge that the path will be a little easier next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom