• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably concession 08.

Of recent speeches, I recall one of her victory speeches maybe after one of the Super Tuesdays or SC was a good change.
Probably my favorite line Hillary has ever delivered in a speech:

Although we weren't able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling this time, thanks to you, I personally made about 18 million cracks in it, and the light is shining through like never before, filling us all with the hope and the sure knowledge that the path will be a little easier next time.
Although I wasn't able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling this time thanks to you ingrates, it's got about 18 million cracks in it, and the light is shining through like never before, easing my rage and filling me with the hope and the sure knowledge that the path will be a little easier next time when I run again.

How in the world could greenwald be mad at a leaker?

He's trying to rationalize it that he's harming the integrity of the judiciary and now he's just like Dilma and Lula.

You can spin any one of his leaks he's built his career off of with the same argument

My girlfriend is equally terrified of the guy.
Dude has a lot of people who otherwise don't care two licks about politics absolutely shook. More incentive to drive people to the polls I'd say.
It makes me feel shitty seeing so many minorities genuinely terrified for their well being. Seriously fuck the GOP electorate. At least people will have the drive to go vote.

Oh so it's the usual "I hate/like (thing) until people use it against/for person/entity I like/dislike."

Idiotic and almost always bites you in the ass. If TheIntercept and Greenwald's whole thing is "transparency" then you can't walk back that later just because it doesn't fit your agenda. That some people don't get that that site has an agenda always makes me laugh. And it's people that think they're super smart and informed too.

Which made it all the funnier when one of their writers made a blatantly racist joke on Twitter a few days ago and claimed it wasn't racist because it's a meme. The meme is even more stupid after the results of Tuesday but you know.

Bowdz

So my mom keeps on freaking out about Trump because of the people switching from Dem to Republican before the primary.

She's legit terrified that Trump is going to win the general election even though I've tried to explain to her multiple times the general election layout, minority vote, the GOP intentionally trying to deny him the primary, the down ticket seats being told to distance themselves...

Yea, she's thinks I'm wrong and that I'm "treating her like an idiot", anyone have other sources or articles/numbers to show her so I don't have to listen to her freak out every time we listen to the nightly news during dinner, I'm not going to be able to stay sane listening to the same freakout for the next six months.

Good.

We want everyone on the Democratic side freaking out because it will keep them on their feet and engaged. Tell her to donate, volunteer, canvas, or any other number of things to help ensure that Trump loses in November. After seeing those AZ numbers, we need to get people scared shitless so that they will want the Dems to retake the Senate as a possible check on President Trump's authority.

Remember 2004. Scare tactics work.

Slayven

Man, the Democratic Party is going to look rock solid compared to the clownbusfire that is GOP in november. You will have the leader of the party, Presidente Obama calling for unification, the Big Dog flank his left and Bernie flank his right. Then you have the entire party leadership from DWS down to local party chair riding the Hillary/Perez 2016 ticket.

IT makes too much damn sense, get the party focused on getting butts in seats and shit. Cause the Republican party will never be this weak again.

no it's not good because

A) She's already politically active and has been (been listening to Bernie for the last five months)

B) I can't listen to her repeat the same things over and over and over and over again from now till whenever it becomes clear the Hillary is going to knock the GE out of the park. I could barely stand it in 2012 when Romney was trailing and she was going "Omg Romney is gonna be president!!!"

studyguy

Honestly the only thing I'm really anxious about is seeing what comes down the pipe next time when whatever comes out of the conservative party's dead corpse rallies for the next presidential race. Shit's gonna be wild.

Slayven

Honestly the only thing I'm really anxious about is seeing what comes down the pipe next time when whatever comes out of the conservative party's dead corpse rallies for the next presidential race. Shit's gonna be wild.

If they aren't already they will be doing shit make sure the party never loses control again. They were made to look like fools, losing is one thing, getting clowned out your own stronghold is another.

Bowdz

If Trump's the nominee this time, Ted Cruz will be the front runner in 2020. His whole argument would still "hold weight" in the sense that Trump is not a "real conservative" in his eyes and I think the anti-establishment bend will not break. If the GOP loses 2016 and 2020, then I think their realignment will certainly happen, but Trump can and will be described as an anomaly by the far right if he loses.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh so it's the usual "I hate/like (thing) until people use it against/for person/entity I like/dislike."

Idiotic and almost always bites you in the ass. If TheIntercept and Greenwald's whole thing is "transparency" then you can't walk back that later just because it doesn't fit your agenda. That some people don't get that that site has an agenda always makes me laugh. And it's people that think they're super smart and informed too.

Which made it all the funnier when one of their writers made a blatantly racist joke on Twitter a few days ago and claimed it wasn't racist because it's a meme. The meme is even more stupid after the results of Tuesday but you know.

Honestly, they're no better than the Blaze in terms of editorial balance. Like a step above Gawker in that they probably wouldn't publish Hogan's sex tape.

If they aren't already they will be doing shit make sure the party never loses control again. They were made to look like fools, losing is one thing, getting clowned out your own stronghold is another.

If they don't change their systems to look exactly like ours I will be utterly shocked.

@ggreenwald 21m21 minutes ago
Amazing/disturbing how the bulk of large/corporate Brazilian media is openly inciting street protests and cheering for impeachment

Not to say there isn't some element of truth in here but still its hilarious how he twists himself .

His philosophy isn't based on values, its based on anti-western animosity. That's fine to have but own it dude.

He sounds like a right winger complaining about the media and BLM.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
no it's not good because

A) She's already politically active and has been (been listening to Bernie for the last five months)

B) I can't listen to her repeat the same things over and over and over and over again from now till whenever it becomes clear the Hillary is going to knock the GE out of the park. I could barely stand it in 2012 when Romney was trailing and she was going "Omg Romney is gonna be president!!!"

Is your mom Diablos?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Not to say there isn't some element of truth in here but still its hilarious how he twists himself .

His philosophy isn't based on values, its based on anti-western animosity. That's fine to have but own it dude.

He sounds like a right winger complaining about the media and BLM.

Part of good reporting is knowing your own biases and owning up to them. He's done some good reporting, but there's a reason he's never going to be one of the ones remembered from this generation.

Oh screw off Greenwald. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt when I heard he was mad at a leaker, but he's mad about this?

Pretty much. He's always sort of come off kind of hypocritically to me.

Slayven

Honestly, they're no better than the Blaze in terms of editorial balance. Like a step above Gawker in that they probably wouldn't publish Hogan's sex tape.

If they don't change their systems to look exactly like ours I will be utterly shocked.

Totally, the shit crazy Bernie supporters worry about Super delegates is the shit the GOP wish they can do right now. Bet real money Republicans will have Ultra Delegates next time, not super, ULTRA.

Part of good reporting is knowing your own biases and owning up to them. He's done some good reporting, but there's a reason he's never going to be one of the ones remembered from this generation.

Oh, he'll be remembered. But has a political activist/journalist.

sphagnum

Banned
Since it's not letting me edit my previous post for some reason:

Joking aside, "federalism" today means the opposite of what it used to mean. In the time of the Federalists, it was the term for the supporters of the federal government, but because of the federal government structure it was later adopted by people who use it to support states rights' because it's a federal republic, not a unitary republic. They're just appropriating the name of the Federalist Party because of it's links to the Founding Fathers.

studyguy

Man speaking of Gawker, that case still going? I've had almost no interest in it besides taking passing glances at it but the situation looked like a trainwreck in the tweets that came out of it.

Cerium

Totally, the shit crazy Bernie supporters worry about Super delegates is the shit the GOP wish they can do right now. Bet real money Republicans will have Ultra Delegates next time, not super, ULTRA.
Superdelegates wouldn't have done them any good this year. You use them against Trump and then what, watch as they all get doxxed and have angry mobs setting up burning crosses on their lawns?

Rubenov

If Trump's the nominee this time, Ted Cruz will be the front runner in 2020. His whole argument would still "hold weight" in the sense that Trump is not a "real conservative" in his eyes and I think the anti-establishment bend will not break. If the GOP loses 2016 and 2020, then I think their realignment will certainly happen, but Trump can and will be described as an anomaly by the far right if he loses.

Cruz will never be a front runner. He's only doing decent now because everyone else is terrible.

GOP front runners are usually middle of the road types that can get votes from independents (Romney, McCain). Racist Trump is a moderate outside his xenophobic stances, and he is getting and will get tons of white blue collar dem votes.

Cruz wouldn't get any votes outside the "deeply conservative".

Drek

no it's not good because

Sorry man. The reality is that we live in a time when Donald J. Trump has a substantially greater than zero percent chance to be the next President of the United States. That's scary. The fact that he has gotten to that point via a political platform built on bigotry and fascism only makes it all the worse. She's right to be scared. We should all be scared, angry, and probably even a little bit ashamed that the politics of our nation has reached this point.

Don't placate with data, tell her you understand but that the chances are far greater that he'll lose in a massive rejection of the ideology he rode in on, and that every one of us as the ability to be a part of that repudiation.

She sounds like a pretty left leaning gal overall, so you can always cheer her up with the silver lining that he's making the Republican Party fall apart, likely changing the political landscape of America forever going forward.

Maledict

Just watching the BBC documentary Adam mentioned earlier, about Obama's first 100 days in office.

Christ it's depressing. The level of hatred and obstructionism from the Republican's is really something terrifying to behold. How *anyone* can claim both parties re the same is beyond me, and beyond any sort of facts or reality.

(Also how anyone can think that racism isn't a part of what drives the R party).

Cruz will never be a front runner. He's only doing decent now because everyone else is terrible.

GOP front runners are usually middle of the road types that can get votes from independents (Romney, McCain). Racist Trump is a moderate outside his xenophobic stances, and he is getting and will get tons of white blue collar dem votes.

Cruz wouldn't get any votes outside the "deeply conservative".

Yeah, someone here was saying that in the next cycle Cruz will be like Rick Santorum or Perry, laughed off the stage early on when they go for a second attempt.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Man, the Democratic Party is going to look rock solid compared to the clownbusfire that is GOP in november. You will have the leader of the party, Presidente Obama calling for unification, the Big Dog flank his left and Bernie flank his right. Then you have the entire party leadership from DWS down to local party chair riding the Hillary/Perez 2016 ticket.

Meanwhile in Cleveland...

MSByF4c.gif

The modern day conservative in a nutshell, ladies and gentlemen:

YoviBve.jpg

Do people legitimately think this or is this just trolling? I can't imagine how someone could be so goddamned heartless

IT makes too much damn sense, get the party focused on getting butts in seats and shit. Cause the Republican party will never be this weak again.
You can call it PoliGAF's Day of the Black Sun.

Cerium

Obama will be a walking piece of history that has bonded deeply with our generation of Democrats. I don't think there's a precedent for that in modern politics; we talk about the Kennedys in similar tones but that's because they got martyred.

It's good to have those figures around as an anchor because we've seen what happened to the Republicans without them. They just had a complete vacuum of leadership and fell apart over the past decade. There was no one who could speak credibly to the base; Obama will be able to do that for a long time to come.

Boke1879

It's kinda why I want Bernie to drop out now. Get this party unified with a single message while the GOP still battle it out towards the convention. We need to do this as soon as possible imo.

Bowdz

Just watching the BBC documentary Adam mentioned earlier, about Obama's first 100 days in office.

Christ it's depressing. The level of hatred and obstructionism from the Republican's is really something terrifying to behold. How *anyone* can claim both parties re the same is beyond me, and beyond any sort of facts or reality.

(Also how anyone can think that racism isn't a part of what drives the R party).

Do you have a link to that by any chance? It sounds awesome (and depressing).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol just saw these three article titles on Yahoo.

Technology
Hillary Clinton Was Denied Request for Secure Smartphone, Emails ShowFortune
Clinton tried to change rules to use BlackBerry in secure facility for classified information Fox News
Emails: Hillary Clinton asked for a BlackBerry in 2009, but the NSA said no Associated Press

Good god at the Fox News version.

RNC Chief Strategist right now on CNN talking about how they literally write the rules for the nomination a week or so before the convention. Two delegates from each state who have been elected are the ones who write the rules.

So that "must win majority of delegates in 8 states" might not be there for the upcoming convention. This is gonna be great!

Technology
Clinton tried to change rules to use BlackBerry in secure facility for classified information Fox News
Emails: Hillary Clinton asked for a BlackBerry in 2009, but the NSA said no Associated Press

Try watching Fox News. Every story they do on her, they try to use the most unflattering pictures available.

Sianos

Technology

Fair and Balanced, am I right?

GOP implosion continues, I think if the internal polling shows that Trump at the helm will sink even McCain they will go all in to try and desperately stop him - at that point, what else do they have to lose?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's obviously a part of it, at this point even people who haven't payed much attention think that racism is definitely playing into it.

I would assume that Obama is going to write a memoir about his time in office, make a shit-ton of money doing speaking tours and not releasing the transcripts, and work on finally getting his stand-up comedy career off the ground.

Edit: Also, on an unrelated note, what's weird is that Trump is totally hilarious when he's unscripted, but when he did that Comedy Central Roast, he was the stiffest, most unlikable "comedian" to ever take one of those stages.

Superdelegates wouldn't have done them any good this year. You use them against Trump and then what, watch as they all get doxxed and have angry mobs setting up burning crosses on their lawns?

I mean, if you don't have superdelegates for a Trump case then you don't have superdelegates at all. The point is to have at least a technically sanctioned way to force the party away from a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom