• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

Crown ha!
UOs5HTC.gif
oPj9CqX.gif

We need to form a SuperPAC to run ads showing the 2000 debacle.

(Does anyone else remember the vote trading stuff back in 2000? Supposedly there were websites devoted to trading votes from 'safe' states to swing states to make sure the election wasn't completely disrupted. Mentioning because our idealistic berniebros don't appear that wise 16 years later)
In college, there were some people in my dorm that were debating whether to vote absentee back home (in another state) for Nader, or register locally and vote Gore. There were also people doing the exact opposite. My state was as swing as swing can be in 2000 and Gore won within the margin of number and ratio of students statewide that cost votes for him. As in you could add up wards from colleges and prove that made the difference. Would have been about a 1.5% swing across the state that'd have made it safe had all estimated 18-35s who voted Nader went for Gore. That's the day I understood that getting young voters interested mattered. A lot. And that many young voters are morons.

studyguy

Threatening to withhold support until "the will of the people" has been heard; it's not just for Republicans stonewalling judicial appointees anymore!

Get with the times, bipartisan concession is old in busted, even among your own party lines... coming to the table in agreement?! Pfft. It's all about that new hotness of digging your head in the sand as deep as it'll go.

There are probably fanatical sub groups of every single campaign (and group of humans that have ever existed) like hillary44 or whatever. Also didn't realize we were ageist here! Everyone is dumb, not just millenials
I'm only 80% kidding
'

I need whatever he is on.

Sigh, I keep forgetting how much of a stranglehold the GoP still has at the state and local level.

Getting a liberal majority on the Supreme Court can limit this. Not necessarily on right to work or gun control, but the courts don't have to allow the GOP to get away with limiting voting rights and some of the extreme gerrymandering we're seeing.

Makai

Successful at what?

Obamacare got passed

Obama got his 2nd term

Gays can marry now

The GoP is never winning another GE for next several decades at least

What exactly have they accomplished?
Winning elections, for starters. Motherfuckers knocked Eric Cantor out and shit like that.

Haha. That's great.

I can confirm she is one of those people that if shit goes down, you'd just naturally turn to her. And she'd have an answer immediately. In 2008, she totally took the time to personally thank each one of us who were there working for her. She even went over to the Obama people and said hello (after her people asked them if it was okay.) Totally awesome woman.

Successful at what?

Obamacare got passed

Obama got his 2nd term

Gays can marry now

The GoP is never winning another GE for next several decades at least

What exactly have they accomplished?

Hahah. People call the Bern supporters delusional.

You know whats happened everytime theres been a midterm since Obama has taken office? They might not be Presidents but they run everything else.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Getting a liberal majority on the Supreme Court can limit this. Not necessarily on right to work or gun control, but the courts don't have to allow the GOP to get away with limiting voting rights and some of the extreme gerrymandering we're seeing.

It can help on gun control in the more liberal states though.

CCS

Banned
Today in utter delusion news, the top thread on r/s4p with over 6000 upvotes:

Who's On Track For The Nomination? | Hillary started at 128% of the delegate target in the race (out of IA) and has been LOSING ground steadily. 120% after the first four, 113% after Super Tuesday, and now 108%. A MAJORITY of states are yet to come! Don’t believe the media! We can do this!

Huckabee and Newt lighting up Erick Erickson. Deservedly so.
Amazing how many conservative pundits are given so much power.

Is there anything remotely equivalent to Erickson or Rush Limbaugh on the left? Loud, hyperpartisan pundits who dictate the party conversation? Like who the hell listens to kos?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Cruz foreign policy adviser story is frightening. That guy could be the nation's top foreign policy adviser? That is insane.

I have to admit, I think it's funny when people ask me "How can you support Hillary when she's had people killed?" and I have to ask them who they're currently accusing her of having killed...

819_10209018010952273_3458524588040513635_n.jpg

Guys, Bernie being Mayor of Burlington totes makes him prepared to be Commander-in-Chief!

My favorite thing about that chart is either that, First Lady apparently being an elected office (because otherwise there's no reason to separate it out aside from You're Chart Design Is Shit), or First Lady somehow not counting as political office experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom