• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie Wilson is running for president, and he's in Chicago. It would stand to reason that Cook County would be his best county.

The Secretary of State has not published official results online yet but here's Cook County's unofficial official results: http://electionnight.cookcountyclerk.com/

Or if you want to drill down to specifically how the city of Chicago voted: http://www.chicagoelections.com/en/wdlevel3.asp?elec_code=5

So as we figured, something's up with AP.

Willie Wilson did, however, beat Martin O'Malley in Chicago.

I want this to happen for this scene to go down.

Adam loses his mind fighting off security while I pass out foaming at the mouth

I get star struck so hard. I met Jada Pinkett Smith and friggin melted. I couldn't even form a sentence, and I'm like, not even a huge fan of hers. I mean she's awesome and all but I really only have seen her in the matrix sequels

I would legit lose consciousness if I met Hilldawg

I can totally see this happening.

The only reason I didn't lose it in 2008 was I didn't know she was going to be there. And I've gotten way, way worse since then.

I can totally see this happening.

The only reason I didn't lose it in 2008 was I didn't know she was going to be there. And I've gotten way, way worse since then.
My friend saw Bill and Hillary infront of a book store or something in new haven like a year ago. And then bumped into Rory from Gilmore Girls while walking his dog the next day. I was so jealous I didn't talk to him for like a month

But don't worry. We'll have our chansu. I'm totally gonna win this contest.

Iolo

Daniel B·;198571493 said:
The job of the Superdelegates is to weigh up which candidate has the best chance of winning in the GE, in combination with who's policies best coincide with the current party line (no prizes here), and vote accordingly (obviously, giving weight to GE chances).

If, on deep reflection, they concluded that Bernie does indeed have a better chance, in the GE, but decided to still vote for the equivalent of the Titanic, well...

This feigned vitriol against Bernie, for essentially pointing out this state of affairs, is not cricket.

The job of the superdelegates is to vote for the candidate with the most pledged delegates, or to vote for the candidate who won their state, or to vote for the candidate who won the most states, or who has the most momentum at the end, or who is doing the best in the general election polls—or whatever today's argument is, as long as Bernie wins.

Kangi

Willie Wilson is running for president, and he's in Chicago. It would stand to reason that Cook County would be his best county.

The Secretary of State has not published official results online yet but here's Cook County's unofficial official results: http://electionnight.cookcountyclerk.com/

Or if you want to drill down to specifically how the city of Chicago voted: http://www.chicagoelections.com/en/wdlevel3.asp?elec_code=5

So as we figured, something's up with AP.

Willie was in the Chicago mayoral race in 2015. He came in third.

The voters of Chicago, worried about Clinton's ties to Rahm, decided to vote for dear, sweet Willie. Oh, Willie, how they failed you before. But they would not fail you this time.

The corrupt establishment saw his flood of votes and refused to have it. They added his vote total to Bernie's and let him languish at the bottom once more. But the Associated Press saw through the lies and exposed the truth to the world: Willie pulled in the votes, and Willie will not be denied. Willie won 11% of the Illinois Democratic primary, and that's a fact!

btw adam you said you grew up in central florida? was that roller rink from your story yesterday semoran skateway?

No. I can't remember the name of it then...it was in Auburndale, though. (I lived in Polk County). The place is still there, but it's called Skate Zone now. There were two rinks we'd go to. One was in Winter Haven, the other in Auburndale. Skate Dimensions? Something like that.

Edit: My mom seems to think it was "Skate something something USA" I miss the late 90s. :(

My friend saw Bill and Hillary infront of a book store or something in new haven like a year ago. And then bumped into Rory from Gilmore Girls while walking his dog the next day. I was so jealous I didn't talk to him for like a month

My best friend met Obama and Biden in 2009. I no longer talk to her. :(

No. I can't remember the name of it then...it was in Auburndale, though. (I lived in Polk County). The place is still there, but it's called Skate Zone now. There were two rinks we'd go to. One was in Winter Haven, the other in Auburndale. Skate Dimensions? Something like that.
(
Ah. I was in orlando and spend so much time at Semoran during the summers. I still suck at skating though

Ah. I was in orlando and spend so much time at Semoran during the summers. I still suck at skating though

I grew up in Winter Haven.

Speed skates brah. :D

I never could roller blade, though. I wasn't that 90s. A few months ago, we went to a skate rink in Wooster (Ohio). It was the first time I'd been skating in like a decade. I sucked so bad. :( I managed to take out one of my nephews on the way down.

If I meet Hillary, I'm gonna ask her

"So as your first action as president, will you issue an executive order demanding Disney release all the episodes of Even Stevens to the public. Seriously, it's not on DVD, blu Ray, Netflix, Hulu or Amazon. It's totally bullshit and I won't stand for it anymore"

I wouldn't bother if I was you. The outcome is "Yay Hillary / No Sanders" , the event is merely whatever allows that conclusion to be reached at any given time.
The visceral reactions are pointless and overblown. But the general sentiment is still valid. He shouldn't be touching this with a ten foot clown pole. It's just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad argument all round. So the woe is me, my poor candidate being untreated by people here commentary doesn't seem warranted.

Ah yes, like polishing a turd.

Hahahaha.

Cruz is their savior.

Cruz. Ted. Fucking. Cruz.

Mwahahahahaha.

TedCruzTexasSenatorHumping.gif~c200

"So as your first action as president, will you issue an executive order demanding Disney release all the episodes of Even Stevens to the public. Seriously, it's not on DVD, blu Ray, Netflix, Hulu or Amazon. It's totally bullshit and I won't stand for it anymore"
Could you ask her about her stance on releasing The Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog on DVD too?

I grew up in Winter Haven.

Speed skates brah. :D

I never could roller blade, though. I wasn't that 90s. A few months ago, we went to a skate rink in Wooster (Ohio). It was the first time I'd been skating in like a decade. I sucked so bad. :( I managed to take out one of my nephews on the way down.

I was a bit better on Ice (idk if you were there before or after the RDV opened, i know that's far from winter haven) I had different troubles on speed skates vs. the 2 by 2 ones (IDK what they're called)

I was a big fat mess.

Rumblings that Rubio will endorse Cruz tomorrow

I feel like this could backfire. Doesn't an endorsement from Rubio kinda dampen Cruz's principled outsider image? I mean, given the current state of the GOP I feel like the last thing you want is the party coalescing around you. It's like... actively damaging.

I feel like this could backfire. Doesn't an endorsement from Rubio kinda dampen his principled outsider image? I mean, given the current state of the GOP I feel like the last thing you want is the party coalescing around you. It's like... actively damaging.

Nikki Haley already endorsed him now that Rubio dropped out and she's as establishment as it gets. He's been picking up more endorsements lately.

I was a bit better on Ice (idk if you were there before or after the RDV opened, i know that's far from winter haven) I had different troubles on speed skates vs. the 2 by 2 ones (IDK what they're called)

I was a big fat mess.

I never went there. If we went to far north it was to go to Disney or Old Town or something. I miss that he'll hole.

AIR AROUND ME!!!
Yasss. This brah gets it. Supposedly the episodes are on YouTube in potato quality.

_88809998_risks.png

Trump's presidency rated 6th biggest threat to the world, but where is "Ted Cruz elected president" on here? Nuking the Middle East while turning the U.S. into a theocracy is dangerous I think.

I feel like this could backfire. Doesn't an endorsement from Rubio kinda dampen Cruz's principled outsider image? I mean, given the current state of the GOP I feel like the last thing you want is the party coalescing around you. It's like... actively damaging.
Yeah that's true. Maybe they're trying to actively sabotage him :0

Or it could be that they are trying to create a "united front" for establishment after Lindsey Graham endorsed him. It's like a last ditch effort to unite the party, but I doubt it will go beyond a dozen congressional endorsements.

Bowdz

Also ask her if she can force MGM to do a Bluray release of Stargate SG-1. It is basically a warcrime at this point that MGM hasn't done a TNG style Blurry release.

Slayven

I never went there. If we went to far north it was to go to Disney or Old Town or something. I miss that he'll hole.

Yasss. This brah gets it. Supposedly the episodes are on YouTube in potato quality.

Not all shows could future proofed like Tattoo Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills

The visceral reactions are pointless and overblown. But the general sentiment is still valid. He shouldn't be touching this with a ten foot clown pole. It's just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad argument all round. So the woe is me, my poor candidate being untreated by people here commentary doesn't seem warranted.

I actually agree with you here. Which is why I made the distinction that this criticism is at least valid from the point of view a non-Clintonista.

I was just pointing out he was wasting his time defending Sanders in this thread because the only thing that Sanders could do to gain favour with the majority of this thread is drop out, while declaring Clinton the most awesomest person to ever walk this planet. And even that's still a maybe since there's a reasonable chance the actual reaction would be people complaining about how long it took and how he didn't endorse Hillary hard enough.

I can't believe so many in the establishment are circling the wagons around Cruz.

Like did Kasich kill a hooker or something?
Not that Cruz will pick up enough delegates to win the nomination, but Kasich is mathematically locked out of winning the nomination. So if you endorse Kasich at this point, you're openly suggesting a contested convention.

Not that Cruz will pick up enough delegates to win the nomination, but Kasich is mathematically locked out of winning the nomination. So if you endorse Kasich at this point, you're openly suggesting a contested convention.

Yep, there is no way he can win. It makes no sense to support Kasich other than to hope for a contested convention. Cruz still has a pathway, although very small also. I feel like they are keeping Kasich in as a spoiler to make sure Trump doesn't get enough delegates though.

They've been openly suggesting a contested convention for over a month now and things that even more questionable like running a Not-Republican Candidate if Trump wins the Republican Nomination. So that's not it.

The Trump presidency fears are so overblown. Presidents don't legislate, so he can't unilaterally create laws. Trump is too shrewd to ruin foreign relations with countries that matter. He's not going to go to war with significant world powers, any situation he puts us into would be no worse than what Bush did and Obama continued. His potential supreme court nominations could set back several things for a few years, for sure, but assuming he's one term it's theoretically possible he may not get any. Things will suck. Collapse of the country? Horseshit.

Iolo

The Trump presidency fears are so overblown. Presidents don't legislate, so he can't unilaterally create laws. Trump is too shrewd to ruin foreign relations with countries that matter. He's not going to go to war with significant world powers, any situation he puts us into would be no worse than what Bush did and Obama continued. His potential supreme court nominations could set back several things for a few years, for sure, but assuming he's one term it's theoretically possible he may not get any. Things will suck. Collapse of the country? Horseshit.

"I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks."

Considering that was basically Rubio's plan anyway I don't see what the problem is.

I think the GOP would rather have a contested convention and get a not-Trump than get stuck with him. Not that ether alternative is preferable but how is endorsing Cruz going to let them avoid both scenarios?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

This is dumb and dangerous.

Lmao the "the president has no power what're y'all worried about" posts have begun, I see.

I just rewatched There Will be Blood, thinking of making an RTTP thread in the OT.

I seriously think this movie best captures what makes America, America. Anyone else agree?

It's a movie that was very important in my own development, but it's a supremely over-the-top, metaphorically obvious and surface-level film. Its own obvious influence, Citizen Kane, is far superior, both as a movie and in terms of the criterion you've laid forward, but if I had a day or so, I could probably come up with a reasonable top ten list.

Iolo

Trump 2016: What's a Little Political Violence Between Friends

Trump 2016: He Probably Won't Start a Nuclear War

Trump 2016: Make America Mutate Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom