• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a call from someone claiming to be from the "Senate Majority Committee" asking me for a donation so that the Democrats can win back the Senate. Man, that guy was pushy. I politely told him "I'm sorry I can't donate but you do have my vote" and he refused to let it go and asked 3 more times.

He can either have a chance at the White House or no chance at the White House. Is he going to run again in 2020?

Why not, he's young enough. And he's popular enough in Ohio that he could take Sherrod Brown's seat if he wanted to go for it. There's also personal pride. People don't want to be associated with Trump and it's going to limit Trump's VP pool.

Cat

Well, I know it's not like announced or anything and just speculation on my part, but I've been thinking Chris Christie will be the VP on the Republican ticket.

CCS

Banned
Well, I know it's not like announced or anything and just speculation on my part, but I've been thinking Chris Christie will be the VP on the Republican ticket.

Which is a more unlikable combination, Trump/Cruz or Trump/Christie? My god both of those possibilities are horrible.

kirblar

Mormons really, really don't like Trump. (From @NateCohn on Twitter)

Cd2xGX6VAAAf9vv.jpg

That may make Utah really interesting in the fall.

Rubenov

I'm telling you, it's going to be Trump/Carson aka Grumpy/Sleepy 2016.

Carson brings nothing to a VP spot other than Trump saying "hey, I has black friend!". No one will buy that. And Trump has already stated it will be a "political person", since he has the outsider aspect completely covered.

Crazy thought about VP picks:

I've always loved the Kirk/Spock method of picking a VP. If the President is the charismatic go getter (Kirk), then the VP should be the reasoned, logical person (Spock). So, Bill Clinton was the Kirk, Al Gore was the Spock. This flipped for Barack Obama; he was the Spock, and Diamond Joe Biden was the Kirk.

Hillary Clinton is clearly the Spock, being a policy wonk. So, she might be best served by picking a Kirk. Though I'm liking Perez, the closest person on the bench to a Kirk is clearly Booker.

Donald Trump is...the Janeway. Trying to run a ship where at least half the crew is hostile to him? So, he needs a Chakotay.

Cerium

Hillary Clinton is clearly the Spock, being a policy wonk. So, she might be best served by picking a Kirk. Though I'm liking Perez, the closest person on the bench to a Kirk is clearly Booker.
Booker is even more devoted to Wall Street than Hillary. He fucking stabbed Obama in the back over it in 2012. Fuck Booker.

Perez covers Hillary's left flank, which is her big weakness.

Cat

Which is a more unlikable combination, Trump/Cruz or Trump/Christie? My god both of those possibilities are horrible.

I agree they are both horrible, but I personally would find Trump/Cruz worse.

Trump hinted him as AG in his cabinet.

That...doesn't seem at all related to Christie's experience, at least what I know of it, not going to Google why. It's mostly a gut and appearance thing, for me, with the timing of his endorsement and the way he is with Trump at certain times.

I agree they are both horrible, but I personally would find Trump/Cruz worse.

That...doesn't seem at all related to Christie's experience, at least what I know of it, not going to Google why. It's mostly a gut and appearance thing, for me, with the timing of his endorsement and the way he is with Trump at certain times.
Christie was the US Attorney for the District of New Jersey under Dubya.

Cat

Christie was the US Attorney for the District of New Jersey under Dubya.

Oh I see. Well, hopefully Trump won't win, and it shall forever remain mystery~.

Edit-Lol, I just realized the VP part can't remain a mystery unless he doesn't get the nomination at all, and that doesn't seem likely to happen. So we will know of a VP pick at some point, I think.

Grexeno

It's going to be Trump/Christie vs. Clinton/Kaine or Warner. Kasich won't attach himself to Trump because he probably plans to be the guy in 2020.

Kasich will be like 68 come November 2020.

The term neocon actually relates more to foreign policy hawkishness.
Amusingly, neoliberal basically refers to more libertarian economics, from memory.

Basically add neo to things.

There should be a neomoderate.

Sanders Abruptly Ends Interview after questions about Joe Arpio

Sanders briefly discussed his proposals to improve conditions for immigrants in the U.S. before abruptly ending the interview with a “thank you very much.” The visibly frustrated Vermont senator took off his mic and stood up, as Resnick can be heard asking him if he would consider being Hillary Clinton’s vice president.

"Thank you very much," Sanders says again, handing him the mic.

“The first candidate who has ever walked away,” Resnick then said, sounding surprised.

"I didn't walk away," Sanders shot back. “I told you you had four minutes, you had more than four minutes. I didn’t walk away. You persisted."

"I'm a reporter. That's what we do," Resnick replied.

After a beat, Sanders prodded Resnick again: "Don't say I walked away. You got four minutes."

"We're not going to squabble over this," Resnick responded.

The local NBC affiliate who is going to air it is running with the headline

Ahead of Phoenix rally, Sanders abruptly ends 12 News interview

Ecotic

Does that term even have a defined, distinct meaning like neocon does or is it just "you're not progressive enough" nonsense?
The current world order is often described as the neoliberal world order. It's usually taken to mean liberal democracies and capitalism are the only legitimate game in town.

CCS

Banned
So a couple of my friends are doing phonebanking for Bernie.

I have to say, if I was called up by someone who wasn't from my country to try and tell me how I should vote, I'd probably tell them to piss off.

Holmes

I don't know much about him, but I'm not exactly excited about him. I think he's a little bit of an inverse Castro for me. Whereas I can get excited over Castro, he's lacking when it comes to policy understanding. And Perez isn't lacking when it comes to policy, but I'm not excited about him.

I don't know much about him, but I'm not exactly excited about him. I think he's a little bit of an inverse Castro for me. Whereas I can get excited over Castro, he's lacking when it comes to policy understanding. And Perez isn't lacking when it comes to policy, but I'm not excited about him.

I think HIllary needs someone that will excite the more liberal wing of the party. Just a little bit of excitement. Not too much to overshadow her, but some blue meat for that wing of the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom