• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
31 Cookie Recipes That Hillary Wouldn't Like
Voodoo Burial Rituals Used By Hillary's Henchmen
Sleek n' Sassy Prison Uniform Alterations That Woud Suit Hillary's Style

We could write a book of mock articles inspired by Clinton Derangement Syndrome.

Grief.exe

8qhB140.jpg

Cerium

http://www.care2.com/causes/meet-possible-vice-president-pick-tom-perez.html#ixzz43KAbP5BP

Born in 1961 to Dominican immigrants, Perez has spent his entire public life in adult service, with a specific focus on social justice and equality. He attended Brown University and later Harvard, but not as one of the privileged youth whom many might imagine in the halls of these costly institutions of higher learning — he took out student loans, applied for need-based grants and even worked as a trash collector to pay for his education. While in school, Perez also worked as a clerk for Attorney General Edwin Meese, laying the groundwork for a lengthy career that would span a variety of civil service positions.

Mmmmm so good.

Kasich: "I'm the son of a mailman."
Cruz: "I'm the son of a dishwasher."
Rubio: "I'm the son of a maid and a bartender."

Perez: "Bitch, I was a trash collector."

Perfect biography.

Cerium

As a clerk and federal prosecutor, Perez had a particular interest in civil rights cases. His grounding in the subject led to a professorship at the University of Maryland, as well as a part-time position at George Washington University.

From 2002-2006, Perez served on the Montgomery County Council, dominating his Republican opponent in the election and becoming the first Latino on the Council. During his tenure, he fought predatory and subprime lending, concerned about the looming financial crisis that many of his fellow politicians were ignoring. Perez also opposed the privatization and conglomeration of health care, as well as rising costs for prescription medications.

In 2007, the state’s newly-elected governor appointed Perez to serve as Maryland’s Secretary of Labor, a role he took to with relish. He challenged employer fraud and the misclassification of workers as independent contractors, an issue that’s become a significant issue in the tech industry of today.

From there, Perez moved to the position of Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights under the tenure of President Barack Obama. He served in the Justice Department until 2013.

Perez turned out to be a fiery, adept and aggressive litigator with a passionate range of civil rights interests including bullying, hate crimes, voter intimidation, police shootings, student discrimination, veteran protection and voter identification laws. He successfully prosecuted and investigated a range of cases, establishing an extremely strong civil rights background.

Perez 2024.

I've read lots of Batman. I've watched lots of Batman. Batman is an imaginary friend of mine. Senator, you're no Batman.

giphy.gif

I'm feeling Sec. Perez. Did some research on him and I'm definitely feeling it. He's recently been confirmed, so I'm guessing there are no huge skeletons. He's got far left cred. He's outside the current Clinton Bubble. He's younger than Hillary, but not to an insane degree. I like it. .

pigeon

Banned
31 Cookie Recipes That Hillary Wouldn't Like
Voodoo Burial Rituals Used By Hillary's Henchmen
Sleek n' Sassy Prison Uniform Alterations That Woud Suit Hillary's Style

We could write a book of mock articles inspired by Clinton Derangement Syndrome.

This post actually just reminds me that Bill is going have to come up with a bunch of cookie recipes and things this year. I wonder how that's going to go.

Actual libertarianism is only liked by middle class white dudes from the suburbs - see Colin Moriarty.
You dare insinuate the author of this legendary http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/22/the-playstation-vita-is-set-to-succeed article could be wrong about anything? Pshaw!
For better or for worse, Vita will be pitted against the Nintendo 3DS. But the comparison doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and even if you were to pit them against each other, Vita is still destined to sell better. That's because in addition to games (which Nintendo 3DS is still sorely lacking), it's also a much more powerful machine capable of doing a whole lot more than 3DS.
Why is this man not yet our poet laureate

Mmmmm so good.

Kasich: "I'm the son of a mailman."
Cruz: "I'm the son of a dishwasher."
Rubio: "I'm the son of a maid and a bartender."

Perez: "Bitch, I was a trash collector."

Perfect biography.

Obama being the son of a goat herder is still the, well, GOAT hard upbringing story. His dad's job was something that people haven't done in this country for like a century. The only thing that could top that would be something like professional corpse snatcher.

CCS

Banned
I really want HA Goodman to stop, not even because it annoys me that much, but because it embarrasses me to watch someone humiliate themselves in public like that.

EDIT: Also, Gawker's dead? Goodbye, you will not be missed at all.

Just because policy got pulled rightward on taxes by the GOP doesn't mean that economic though followed there. They're two separate things.

Pretty disrespectful to dismiss the big time insights and contributions that imaginative folks like Joan Robinson, Keynes, and Lerner brought to the field of economics in the 30s, 40s, 50s, and so on. Google scholar or your local library should have free material available from that era and work from many other original thinkers. Golden age of capitalism should also be accessible as well.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. That swimwear coverup is a fashion faux pas. There are modest swim wear cover ups that look good.

Her Dukakis in a tank moment, clearly unfit for office! /s

Worse, he became grimdark and emo. Thanks CW
Well who didn't feel a little emo when we listen to Just Like Heaven?

And Robert Smith saved the world.. Can we all say the same thing? I think not.

Slayven, Daredevil Season 2 is worth watching? Because if it doesn't meet that deal of approval, it's not worth my time.

Slayven

Well who didn't feel a little emo when we listen to Just Like Heaven?

And Robert Smith saved the world.. Can we all say the same thing? I think not.

Slayven, Daredevil Season 2 is worth watching? Because if it doesn't meet that deal of approval, it's not worth my time.

Haven't started it yet

Why Bernie Sanders Is Literally Jesus Christ Reincarnated

I fully expect this article from Mr. Goodman soon enough.

Both Jesus and Bernie are Jewish.

Both care about the poor.

Both have /some/ followers that are a little disturbing.

You have to at least post the thing that started that conversation:

Anti-GMO obsession is dumb, GMOs are fine. I'm not seeing the controversy

Ah good. Dr. Neil is back to discussing science.

What's up with Neil deGrasse Tyson lately?
He's rather creepy around women. Perhaps creepy isn't the perfect word but I've seen him awkwardly try to hit on women multiple times and it was weird and desperate. Surprised no one has said anything given the current climate on that type of stuff.

FiggyCal

Banned
He's rather creepy around women. Perhaps creepy isn't the perfect word but I've seen him awkwardly try to hit on women multiple times and it was weird and desperate. Surprised no one has said anything given the current climate on that type of stuff.

Is there video evidence of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom