• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cranston makes a convincing LBJ:
BC8nx5N.jpg
It's for his HBO movie, All the Way.

Glad I didn't have a gaf account in 08, so I don't have a bunch of pro McCain posts on record

Actually, I'd probably have been banned within like a week if I posted back then

Makai

Bernie does a 180 on Merrick Garland

MADDOW: If you get the Democratic nomination and you are elected president in November, would you ask President Obama to withdraw that nomination in a lame duck so you could name your own nominee?

SANDERS: Yes, I would. And I think I’m 100 percent prepared to support Judge Garland. I think he's clearly very knowledgeable and can serve ably on the Supreme Court.

But between you and me, I think there are some more progressive judges out there. I have said over and over again that I do have a litmus test for a Supreme Court justice and that litmus test is that justice must be loud and clear in telling us that he or she will vote to overturn this disastrous Citizens United Supreme Court decision.

I am very worried about the future of American democracy and about the ability of billionaires to buy elections. That is my litmus test and that's what I would insist on.

this dumbass Bernie is still attacking Hillary, now for going to Trump's wedding
Another artful smear where he says something but doesn't say it. It was only one line though. I'm hoping he doesn't continue to make it personal.

And Bernie already said he would review and approve Garland under Obama as a Senator. Let's not mix that up. He would just not continue to nominate him if elected president.

Hillary hasn't been on the campaign trail since Tuesday and will not return to it until Monday when they will only really campaign in Arizona.

She's been holding donation events since Tuesday.

Tells you where the race is at in her campaign's mind.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Bernie does a 180 on Merrick Garland

Why "UH OH" as the title of this post?

I'd hope Hillary does the same thing in a lame duck session. Why the hell should Democrats reward Republicans for putting this off past the election by giving them the same justice they would have gotten if they didn't put it off.

Do you want to see Republicans have absolutely no downside to their obstructionism?

I'd hope Hillary does the same thing in a lame duck session. Why the hell should Democrats reward Republicans for putting this off past the election by giving them the same justice they would have gotten if they didn't put it off.

Do you want to see Republicans have absolutely no downside to their obstructionism?
I think their punishment, so to speak, is supposed to be at the ballot box. However, it's not a good look for Bernie when he already has issues with his ties, or lack thereof, with Obama and his legacy. Hillary's been using supporting Obama's nominee as part of her stump and victory speeches. As we move to closed primaries, Bernie should have been making sure to court Democrats because independents won't save him. I mean, that ship has already sailed probably.

My mom is terrified Bernie is going to force the Super Delegates to support him over Hillary. No matter how hard I tell her it will never happen, she keeps freaking out.

lenovox1

Absofuckinglootly. And I would be saying the same exact thing if this were the direct opposite situation.

Of all the mockeries of the political system we've had this year, this stands right beside Donald Trump.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll have a "sudden" change of heart post Senate primary season, after every Republican up for reelection has gone through that ringer.

I would have been so sad and lonely posting here in 2008.

No you wouldnt. I was hard for Hillary back then lmao. I have this thing for more-liberal underdogs (she was undoubtely more liberal than Obama during the 08 campaign).

How could I believe her lies? I was a fool.

Makai

Who would even be better? Most measures I've seen show him as not very moderate.

CbXvgRtUsAAlcpM.jpg:large

CdrhDRhW0AAIJu9.jpg

PYpbVFj.png

Salvadora

The nomination will be withdrawn after the November election, I imagine, if it does indeed continue to languish in the Senate.

Hilary will be President elect, and subsequently, would have a mandate to pick her own Supreme Court nominee. Hopefully with a Democratic Senate for confirmation.

Although I would expect that she would like to begin her presidency with a clean slate.

Saying all that, I still expect Republicans to submit when it becomes apparent that they are heading to electoral suicide with a madman at the helm.

Muzy72

Banned
Why does The Young Turks keep calling Garland center-right lol.

I was trying to look for some Bernie salt but instead started watching their SCOTUS videos and man they're so terrible lol. Fox News of the left.

Iolo

Like me. This is what happens when I am so out of tune with Twitter.

Don't fret, I knew this was a parody account because I follow a lot of DPRK related folks. It never hurts to check the account history though.

Hillary hasn't been on the campaign trail since Tuesday and will not return to it until Monday when they will only really campaign in Arizona.

She's been holding donation events since Tuesday.

Tells you where the race is at in her campaign's mind.

Hopefully not the same place it was at before Michigan...

Meowster

Why does The Young Turks keep calling Garland center-right lol.

I was trying to look for some Bernie salt but instead started watching their SCOTUS videos and man they're so terrible lol. Fox News of the left.
Somehow every single person who isn't Bernie Sanders (now including the Judas Warren) has become center-right. It's a mockery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom