• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT3| You know what they say about big Michigans - big Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Would be very interesting and some good evidence, I have not read it.
I found it, thanks google.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...nie-the-worse-he-does-in-the-general-election

I've seen results of a poll (and heard about another) done by a group here in DC that tested Sanders's support before and after likely lines of attack against him. The results are bad, real bad.

I was never ever to find more out about it, but it makes sense for anyone who follows politics, just look at this summary of experts:

http://tuftsobserver.org/evaluating-electability/

NeoXChaos

could you see an explosion of enrollment if college become free? is housing covered? what about the extra expenses that are tacked on to tuition? Hiring of more professor? Get as many free degrees as you want or just 1 degree free for a life time? Penalty for not completing degree? Will those who took out loans be forgiven?

it suggests they're increasingly accurate within 100 days of ~*that day in November*~, while everything before then is a crapshoot

Yea thats what i meant, so we agree that no one has a great idea though there is many theories.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...nie-the-worse-he-does-in-the-general-election

I was never ever to find more out about it, but it makes sense for anyone who follows politics, just look at this summary of experts:

Not to be annoying but all I saw was conjecture and none of the actual data in the first link.

Revolution is the solution for all of Bernie's promises he gives. Free college, free healthcare, end racism, no people will be deported, etc. It gets old when anytime he's asked how he will accomplish these things he goes back to that.

No....She just needs to say -- Yes I voted or the bill. It was a hard bill. But not voting for the bill meant according to estimates, 12-13% unemployment rate meaning millions more Americans losing jobs, savings and houses. Even fed chair Mr. Bernanke warned us about the inaction, so the fed, the treasury secretary under Mr Geithner and outgoing secretery Mr Paulson between the two presidents crafted the bill.

From there take it to Sanders. Say how he would have let millions of Americans lose their jobs, healthcare and savings just to punish banks.

I meant more about her Wall Street ties/contributions in general.

Bernie started strong at the start, with a little help from the questions, but holy cow near the end. This is like some Howard Dean level unhingedness at times.

My concern about that kos story is that it came out some time ago and they still haven't released the data, which is why one should consider that it might very well just be something written to drive up FUD.

Not that he might not be at risk there, but saying you have the data and that it is totes scary, but never releasing it, is bullshit.

royalan

Damn, I'm starting to think this debate is a hit on Hill.

Damn near all of the questions are about her, Bill Clinton's presidency, or allow Bernie to pivot to attacking her and/or Bill Clinton's policies.

Damn near all of the questions are about her, Bill Clinton's presidency, or allow Bernie to pivot to attacking her and/or Bill Clinton's policies.

Feeling the same way, too. They've been hitting her harder than Bernie.

Hillary should fire whoever told her to bring up koch. She can't win on bernie's turf. Just makes her look all the more opportunistic.
This. She can't go after him by claiming to be more progressive. But that's a good think because many of Bernies lefty cred is bad for the country

I don't know if I agree with Clinton's debate prep. Some of these stacks seem weak... Maybe they should have crafted a coherent narrative like, he's too uncompromising to achieve stuff, but she just seems to bring up random shit.

Also interesting, it's the same strategy as the flint debate. Clearly they don't think that hurt them

Revolution is the solution for all of Bernie's promises he gives. Free college, free healthcare, end racism, no people will be deported, etc. It gets old when anytime he's asked how he will accomplish these things he goes back to that.

Yup, it's infuriating. She literally asked him to detail how he was going to pay for it and he threw out some bullshit about "OH I GUESS YOU DON'T WANT HEALTH CARE". Can you please detail some policy? Please?

The fraking question the last debate is the epitome of why I support Hillary. Like its not that simple as saying Free College and bad Wall Street

Which makes no sense because she is going to go up against the GOP(Trump) which they are scared to death over, unless it is to drive up sympathy...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
My concern about that kos story is that it came out some time ago and they still haven't released the data, which is why one should consider that it might very well just be something written to drive up FUD.

Not that he might not be at risk there, but saying you have the data and that it is totes scary, but never releasing it, is bullshit.

I can't disagree.

I wonder why there is no research into it. It's perhaps the most important part of this primary, especially considering the two batshit insane front runner Republicans.

I will say though, that the notion that Bernie will do better in the general is insane. I can't say if the difference will cause him to lose.

This. She can't go after him by claiming to be more progressive. But that's a good think because many of Bernies lefty cred is bad for the country

What she SHOULD'VE said is "look, the Koch brothers are afraid of me. How do I know, they are saying "positive" things about my opponent in hopes of driving away support from me."

Ekai

Bernie is sorta being a dick by demanding an add-on to literally every Clinton answer even if it has nothing to do with him. And then pivots them all to Wall Street anyway.

These moderators are just awful.

He literally only brought up Wall-Street twice. Once in direct relation to a question about Wall-street. And once again to correct Hillary's lie on his vote on a bailout that was actually about Wall-Street and not the auto-industry.

And he wasn't demanding to speak there. The moderators told Hillary her time was up after letting her go for a while and asked for Bernie to respond and Hillary wouldn't let him.

Univision going all in on these questions lol

EDIT: Is Bernie seriously deflecting this question? He didn't give a yes or no to that at all about how he characterized Castro.

Owzers

#notalldictators ?

That seemed rather awkward. That reminds me of Trumps "what groups?" when asked to renounce David Duke.

I know a lot of people won't realize but that vintage tape PLUS his answer is going to be a huge huge negative hit in South Florida. I mean he is already behind a ton, but that just cemented Florida I believe by a huge margin...

Which makes no sense because she is going to go up against the GOP(Trump) which they are scared to death over, unless it is to drive up sympathy...

That's exactly the reason they're going tough on her now. If she's not ready for the dirty hits that the GOP will pull whether Trump is there or not, then she'll waiver. If Trump goes for the throat, then it's going to be bad on top of that.

Makai

I find it weird that Hillary always says, "if I am so fortunate to be president.." when people like Marco Rubio always say, "and when I'm president..."

I find it weird that Hillary always says, "if I am so fortunate to be president.." when people like Marco Rubio always say, "and when I'm president..."

She has most likely been made aware that she can be easily perceived as arrogant. Thus, she must moderate her language to appear humble. Costs nothing and easy to do, might as well do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom